Archived The Big & Dandy Backroom thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, new to the forum, was just curious if my store was odd to anyone. I'm the usual backroom "closer" which after reading through this thread seems more like a mid for most of you. I used to have 12-830 shifts and have recently changed to 1-830 with payroll cuts, but that's designated as the closer. We have 4-5 4am team members pulling auto cafs and backstocking blackline, the latest any of them are there is 1230, with the occasional TL until 230, but then it's just me until 830 to do cafs, price changes, setting the line and of course the god awful FFs. Sorry for the long post but I was just curious if anyone else thinks this shift is a bit odd haha

@BackroomSlave123 It doesn't seem like an odd closing shift at a store with a 4am unload process, but it is definitely crazy to not have anyone else after 12:30. With the new CAF schedule, the closer will be the only person to pull CAFs all day!

Our store usually only has openers and a closer, but our openers are 6-2:30 and our closer gets a full 8 hours to do what needs to be done, so it's not too bad.

Hey guys, new to the forum, was just curious if my store was odd to anyone. I'm the usual backroom "closer" which after reading through this thread seems more like a mid for most of you. I used to have 12-830 shifts and have recently changed to 1-830 with payroll cuts, but that's designated as the closer. We have 4-5 4am team members pulling auto cafs and backstocking blackline, the latest any of them are there is 1230, with the occasional TL until 230, but then it's just me until 830 to do cafs, price changes, setting the line and of course the god awful FFs. Sorry for the long post but I was just curious if anyone else thinks this shift is a bit odd haha

The only reason why that seems weird to me is because I work at an A+ volume store that closes at midnight, so our closer works from 3:30-12. And since we're an overnight process, the overnight backroom team are out by 6am and dayside comes in around 6:30. You must be fairly low volume.

Thanks for the insight guys, this shift isn't too weird to me just because I e done it for so long, but after reading about some other backroom processes I hadn't seen anything similar to my store haha and I don't know our volume grade but we just recently remodeled to a pfresh last year and I believe are considered a fairly high volume store, at least in our district.

Hours stabilizing for backroom day (with increased salesfloor responsibilities) but decreased hours for the salesfloor. LOL.

So who else doesn't like setting the line for the next day? It takes away about an hour of time I could be backstocking. We have our morning process start at 4am and we have 2 TMs come in at 3am so.... they always used to set the line no problem. For some reason though, we do it before closing, which means putting everything on the line on the floor while we're still open. It gets in guests way because we remain fairly busy up until close at 11pm. :/

So who else doesn't like setting the line for the next day? It takes away about an hour of time I could be backstocking. We have our morning process start at 4am and we have 2 TMs come in at 3am so.... they always used to set the line no problem. For some reason though, we do it before closing, which means putting everything on the line on the floor while we're still open. It gets in guests way because we remain fairly busy up until close at 11pm. :/

I wouldn't mind it if 1.) I actually had time to do it and 2.) the flow team didn't find some reason to complain every time one of us daysiders sets the line. Don't like it? Then do it yourself, since you're taking the time to rearrange everything anyways.

Yeah, my main problem with it is that while we are expected to set the line, pull price change, keep working on SPUs, answer Get for Guest calls, and handle guest pulls. So at the end of the night, I usually don't end up coming clean in the main stockroom let alone in the satellites or coolers.

My problem is the flow TL doesn't care at all about cleaning off the line. Our old one, for all his flaws, would spend his last few hours clearing it off. Made things so much easier.

So, it appears now we're getting a designated FF/SPU shift that extends beyond the typical backroom closing shift. I won't complain about being stuck an extra hour, at least they're trying to help us out with more shifts. We've already lost 4/5 of our hires since November.

Price change is going to suck ass on next Tuesday. 4000 first tickets. Prolly gonna be back there pulling shite until 9pm or 10pm. I'm like the only backroom team member that stays for price change if they're huge.

What is the law on dat shit? Are you required to stay 2 to 3 hours after your scheduled departure to finish pulling dat shit? I let people take advantage of me Target. That's one of my biggest regrets. I'm the only backroom team member that makes bales and hanger boxes and actually cleans up. I'm also the only one that will use the crown.

A team lead told me that he purposely plays dumb to get out of doing shit. I told him "too late". Once they know you can do something, you will always be expected to do that.

And I thought today's HOME batch was bad - almost 70 DPCIs, all in multiple locations, of course. Clearly our PTM process is lacking, or perhaps totally non-existent.

@Jackswastedlife99, at least they let you work the extra hours. At my store, they shoo you out before 10 minutes because no payroll, so all the processes get screwed up.

Also, they can't actually make you stay past your scheduled end time without your permission, workload be damned.

Well I'm a pushover and doormat.

HOME on Thursday night? At my turd store it usually gets pulled on Wednesday night.

Hahaha. I asked one time "why can't backroom pull price change in the morning" and the answer is "they don't have time".

But it's okay that I stay till 9pm or 10pm to pull 10 pallets of price change.

Thursday morning. For some odd reason, we pull the price changes in the morning. Really bad idea when the batches are large.

Weird. On the plus side, it means you don't have to squeeze Price Change + setting the line + myFA + backstock in at the end of your shift, but on the downside you can't really pull any research/pog fills in the morning until the PC is pulled...

Anyone else climbed mount bullseye?

I of course mean climbing over freezer carts packed in so tight that you cannot see concrete. And doing it in a -10 degree freezer.

All to get to location 302 h30 or something similar. And to find that the fucking item is not there. :(

I of course mean climbing over freezer carts packed in so tight that you cannot see concrete. And doing it in a -10 degree freezer.

All to get to location 302 h30 or something similar. And to find that the fucking item is not there. :(

I hate ghost locations. First store I worked at had a basement backroom. I had to go from back of the store to the front and the top shelf and no item.

How do you check the report for pull times? I can't remember which section it is under.

These new cafs are giving me the time go help backstock.

My freezer has one metro of backstock that I already challenged, one tub of bakery which the floor is full, and one tub of ribs which is already filled.

These new cafs are giving me the time go help backstock.

My freezer has one metro of backstock that I already challenged, one tub of bakery which the floor is full, and one tub of ribs which is already filled.

Much better than ours then. Freezer is as bad as ever, Produce seems even worse off since the changes, deli/meat is okay, and dairy is sometimes passable.

Was told today that it might just be me in the backroom on weekdays lol. Apparently the morning team's workload has increased since the new CAF batch schedule started. Boo hoo. Cry babies.

6 days a week = leaving target.

Who would want to work 6 days a week in the backroom?

It just proves the thing I have always known. Logistics ETL and backroom TL always favor morning team over day team. The morning team backroom people are their little babies. We are the stray dogs that are looking for scraps and a place to sleep at night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back