Archived The Big & Dandy Backroom thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's a BRTL do normally throughout a week?

The BRTL should jump in where needed during the their shift. Helping with a large CAF pull, picking a FF if they feel the TMs are busy in other important areas, etc...

But mostly, they are there to take care of scheduling, paperwork, and big picture projects to keep the BR running properly. As was mentioned, doing things like replacing wacos, damaged labels, and ensuring the TMs are doing their daily tasks are the primary TL job. BRTMs should be taking care of daily tasks such as CAF, FF, backstock, pulling for the floor, and doing their share of maintaining the back room when possible. But it can be very hard to work in some of those maintenance tasks, so the TL needs to be ready to do that to support the team and store.

During the day, a typical BRTL "should" be in the back with his team ensuring they are getting their work done. If the TL has to jump in, then they should. The ETL LOG will also be in the loop and after morning pulls/push/truck is finished, the ETL LOG will usually be cleaning up for a bit, then shortly before leaving will help with BR tasks. Of course, ETLs have a bunch of other things to do including being LOD at times, so.... the bulk of backroom tasks will be on the TL to complete.

What's a BRTL do normally throughout a week?
Our newest BRTL was essentially another BRTM who just worked with the team pulling and backstocking. Recently, he was suckered into also running the flow team so he now pretty much just does that.

Our newest BRTL was essentially another BRTM who just worked with the team pulling and backstocking. Recently, he was suckered into also running the flow team so he now pretty much just does that.

That's pretty much what our Flexible Fulfillment TL was like. Pretty much just a TM that handles the ordering of supplies.

^
Always feel bad when a backroom worker gets suckered into taking the BRTL position. You'll never see the backroom again!

^
Always feel bad when a backroom worker gets suckered into taking the BRTL position. You'll never see the backroom again!
Unless they are instocks/br tl. Then they never see their instocks team...ours almost exclusively spends all day juggling shippers and shoving transition pallets to the floor, even if there are no tm to push them.

I got slaughtered by price change as usual on Tuesday night. Had 8 pallets. Took 3 hours to pull.

Why doesn't corporate fix the uneven distribution of price change throughout the week? Why don't the geniuses in the offices level it off so it's not so fucking heavy and big on Tuesday and Wednesday nights?

I got slaughtered by price change as usual on Tuesday night. Had 8 pallets. Took 3 hours to pull.

Why doesn't corporate fix the uneven distribution of price change throughout the week? Why don't the geniuses in the offices level it off so it's not so fucking heavy and big on Tuesday and Wednesday nights?
Not the worst PC I have ever had to pull but tonight comes into the top 5. Someone thinks they are smart having a solo mid to close backroom TM whilst adding 2 times the amount of work, but I guess that is why I close almost every night now.

Will be interesting to see where our closer put it all... We've had 12+ pallets of Easter candy "backstock" from the past 3 trucks taking up a ton of space.

Will be interesting to see where our closer put it all... We've had 12+ pallets of Easter candy "backstock" from the past 3 trucks taking up a ton of space.

God, I thought we were the only ones. :p 2 pallets deep on the back of the line and it's almost all candy. Some chemical, but... way more then we need. We've had to cancel trucks because there's no good reason to send us this much stuff. Aisles are legit full across the BR with quite a bit of backstock sitting there with nowhere to go.

With this new process that we have been doing for the past few weeks, has anyone noticed their backroom getting super full? Our backroom is starting to get ridiculously full in some places and I'm trying to figure out if it is the new process or just typical for this time of year. I can't remember if we were like this at this point last year.

Tomorrow I get to clear out the SEA3 and HCDY aisles!

Tossing the contents of every single shelf onto the ground and then locu-ing everything is possibly my favorite thing to do in the backroom.

Tomorrow I get to clear out the SEA3 and HCDY aisles!

Tossing the contents of every single shelf onto the ground and then locu-ing everything is possibly my favorite thing to do in the backroom.

We just about did that today via seasonal batches. About 99% of HCDY pulled. And that was after huge price changes for market because of the upcoming dry transition. I was still pulling research in the prevening.

We just about did that today via seasonal batches. About 99% of HCDY pulled. And that was after huge price changes for market because of the upcoming dry transition. I was still pulling research in the prevening.
Seasonal batches feel like a waste of time since you have to scan every single thing in the aisle as you pull it.

I use the BR detail reports to make sure that everything in the aisle is Dcode and the correct fillgroup, then just pull it all out without juggling a PDA at the same time.

I think 10 pallets was our biggest PC batch that I can remember. It was Domestics... during Back To College season. That shit was everywhere in the BR

My ETL OPs has been having a few people work through as many pallets as they can to push it to the floor before Easter comes. So much left.

I think 10 pallets was our biggest PC batch that I can remember. It was Domestics... during Back To College season. That shit was everywhere in the BR
My largest PC batch was 34 pallets of summer seasonal items. It was my first time closing in the backroom and they did not bother to tell me they had been letting the price changes roll over for the past two weeks. Nor did they tell me not to pull them when I affirmed I knew the CAF schedule and it had to be done by 6 PM so I could begin pulling the price changes. I was there until 11 PM using the Crown to slowly pull grills out of the steel, hammock stands, lanterns, hoses, you name it. I had to line it up next to the steel in the backroom, on both sides of the line, and some in Mens. I told my STL the next day "Never again.", and I haven't.

My largest PC batch was 34 pallets of summer seasonal items. It was my first time closing in the backroom and they did not bother to tell me they had been letting the price changes roll over for the past two weeks. Nor did they tell me not to pull them when I affirmed I knew the CAF schedule and it had to be done by 6 PM so I could begin pulling the price changes. I was there until 11 PM using the Crown to slowly pull grills out of the steel, hammock stands, lanterns, hoses, you name it. I had to line it up next to the steel in the backroom, on both sides of the line, and some in Mens. I told my STL the next day "Never again.", and I haven't.

We leave palletized summer items in the steel when it initially goes clearance so we don't have 20+ pallets littering the backroom. We slap the red "x" stickers on them as we go and partner with price change the next day so they can tag it and with hardlines so they know where to grab it when pushing clearance.

We had a tm backstock a flat of Easter ptm yesterday. Always check the clip on it.
Or use common sense and don't backstock items that are clearly seasonal a few days before they go clearance.

As in not pulling the batches in the BR? or not completing the price change workload on the sales floor?

ASAP, we purge as much Lawn/Garden as possible in anticipation of the heavy workload.

Low hours = new norm.

25 and 27.5 the next two weeks = time to get trained in a different department.

Hours cut from the new CAF schedule finally hit. Down to 28 hours from 35. This is in the new month too when payroll resets.
One of ours got 20 after the brtl fought...they still don't realize eventually they have to just live with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back