Archived The Big & Dandy Backroom thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to have an interesting conversation with the human that created the STO function in RF apps. If I had a time machine, I'd time travel and bring their past self with me and say if they don't fix the STO function in which backstock will not become CAF pulls, I will go Looper on their butt. :D

Yeah it's demented but hey if you work in backroom and deal with this on a daily basis, you feel my pain.

7285.jpg

>Be me
>BR TM
>closing.gif
>All tasks complete
>BR so brand, call it "SPOT" on #WeesyBaby
>Got 2-3 hours to spare
>Frozen cooler ain't so brand
>Can barely walk through aisles
>Backstock, backstock, backstock
>Didn't get it all
>Made hella progress tho
>Next day see frozen items from truck that morning
>Looks like I did nothing previous night
>MFW

SUBT9999 is actually best practice for resetting accumulator. No one should get in trouble unless you're always doing it. Some stores only backstock that way to avoid errors. You can also sto 900 plus the quantity you're backstocking and toggle to subt and subt the 900 out. Also the best way to avoid counting anything like bts supplies I have my team NQ It. Where you just subt the item where you want to put it and just hit return and it is located without quantity.
doesn't that just baloon the size of your audit? Or do you just then skip that location?

Does backstock in the newer SUBT web-app trigger if an item is clearance or MIR? I know the old RF APPs it would not, was hoping that was a feature that would get updated.

SUBT9999 is actually best practice for resetting accumulator. No one should get in trouble unless you're always doing it. Some stores only backstock that way to avoid errors. You can also sto 900 plus the quantity you're backstocking and toggle to subt and subt the 900 out. Also the best way to avoid counting anything like bts supplies I have my team NQ It. Where you just subt the item where you want to put it and just hit return and it is located without quantity.
doesn't that just baloon the size of your audit? Or do you just then skip that location?
If there is no quantity it will not be a part of the audit unless there is constant errors.

Anyone else hate the new SUBT App? I wish they'd put it back into RF Apps..

It isn't new. It's been there at least since I started last September.

Yea it's very slow and unable to toggle between sto and subt. We still use rF apps subt

Lucky duck.

enjoy it while you can

You beat me to the punch. They will remove it from RF apps you two. It's gone on all of our PDAs. Completely asinine. Like backroom rarely uses that toggle. What's corporate smoking?!

Just wondering, what is best practice for backstocking softlines? I've been to two stores. One bsed it in the plastic they come in; the other store, however, backstocks them after removing them from their plastics. IMO, the latter isn't best practice but it does make it easier to scab the barcodes

Also, how do you guys deal with cds? We get too many cd pulls that don't have room on SF (including the browser) and I just keep having to pull them daily. Should I be using SUBT9999 on the cds? But that seems incredibly time consuming..

Just wondering, what is best practice for backstocking softlines? I've been to two stores. One bsed it in the plastic they come in; the other store, however, backstocks them after removing them from their plastics. IMO, the latter isn't best practice but it does make it easier to scab the barcodes

Also, how do you guys deal with cds? We get too many cd pulls that don't have room on SF (including the browser) and I just keep having to pull them daily. Should I be using SUBT9999 on the cds? But that seems incredibly time consuming..
All open stock product in the backroom should be detrashed of all plastic and cardboard for efficient pulls. Cds movies books movies that don't have sales floor locations should be backstocked in separate location so you know not to pull them. Mm2/1 should be mysupported if they don't go back on the entertainment scan or MIR

Ditto. Hence why I called him a lucky duck. What does corporate gain by making our process inefficient?

Right? Most of the time when you toggle in you have to relog, and if you're required to log in as FA like we are in my store, that takes a long time.
So it's like 3minutes just to respond to a guest call, not actually pulling the item yet.
And plano team hasn't SUBT'd their backstock since the switch, and it's grocery transition week, 70dpci 11am pulls, lovely.

Ditto. Hence why I called him a lucky duck. What does corporate gain by making our process inefficient?

Right? Most of the time when you toggle in you have to relog, and if you're required to log in as FA like we are in my store, that takes a long time.
So it's like 3minutes just to respond to a guest call, not actually pulling the item yet.
And plano team hasn't SUBT'd their backstock since the switch, and it's grocery transition week, 70dpci 11am pulls, lovely.
Plano was told NOT to SUBT their back stock anymore. That's a good time...

Your stores plano team does their own backstock?

We have to, or it sits there for days.

We have been fighting that battle for years and I do mean years...we are always told that its not planos job to do their backstock etc. We ( backroom) don't have the hours and with mytime and 4x4s its only worse. Our stores leadership just doesn't see the big picture I guess

Home

We have been fighting that battle for years and I do mean years...we are always told that its not planos job to do their backstock etc. We ( backroom) don't have the hours and with mytime and 4x4s its only worse. Our stores leadership just doesn't see the big picture I guess
Backroom shouldn't have to 4x4. Process team. In theory.

Home
I agree... getting leadership to see that point is a totally different. They claim that if they don't make the backroom do 4x4 then some other work center will wont to be excused as well...etc etc

Luckily our grocery transition was completed just before this change. They told us to log in as FA TM's too but seeing how it logs you out every 30 mins and you have 1hr to pull it to stay Green ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ . I just stay logged in as BRTM and check FA manually every 15 or so minutes.

The new app is a pain in the hiney... to say the least .

Ok, is my store the only one that had this since at least last September? Everyone thinks it's new. I would use it rarely if I was already in the menu.

Home
I agree... getting leadership to see that point is a totally different. They claim that if they don't make the backroom do 4x4 then some other work center will wont to be excused as well...etc etc
That's bull right there. flow/BR are exempt. In theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back