Archived The Big & Dandy Backroom thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A-volume with overnight and flex format. Overnight BR TMs (2-3) pull autos, CAFs, EXFs, POGs etc etc etc, backstock redline (truck backstock), assist with truck unload, autofill push and wave if needed, backstock from the wave, various projects such as assist with new POG setups, reprofiling as needed, swadd/sweep, assist market e2e (which is a massive failure at our location - even the TL is now gone), vendor receiving, receiving area duties etc etc etc, unload C&S and place in coolers. Nightly o/n truck with two doubles a week and 5 C&S. One dayside BR TM from 11-7:30. The backroom is typically trashed by 10pm so the first 20-30 minutes is always spent cleaning and organizing and now ... we hear there is no regular dayside BRTM. BTS here is insane as we have a gabillion schools/colleges/universities in the area and with e2e starting ... ug ... so ... for the next couple months we are going to have the backroom from h*ll.

Edit: at least because of all of this we will have hours

RIP my backroom. My store took a double today and got slammed with 1000 pieces of the Toys transition that had been trickling in for the past few weeks.

Your Flow TL doesn't react to 1,000 pieces of transition to sort off the truck?
He refuses to sort transition during the unload. Since it's not push, he views it as not his problem.

How would you sort if toys was pre-tied?
At my store they brought it all down to one area, put down a pallet per aisle and started sorting, stacking, and when done, wrapping each aisle's pallet to toss into the steel.

Lol@no closer...Our STL says ohhhhhhhh hell no I'm having closers in BR and all because he doesn't want to deal with Flex and or price change that could go past 8pm when pulling. As it is he think there is no difference in a 1500 piece truck and a 2400 piece truck. Along with this ever loving amount of wisdom he has...He now has the floor clear if vehicles by 8am Soooooo my oh so space restrained backroom gets all if it pushed to the back. I just love well thought out changes

He refuses to sort transition during the unload. Since it's not push, he views it as not his problem.
lol. I would rip into him then.

Plano - Pre-tie for new sets
Flow - Sort transition off of truck
BR - Throw transition up to be accessible

It might even be BP to sort transition. Your BRTL/ETL should have words about that. What a MASSIVE loss in efficiency.

Is there a way to know what pull batches a person made? Like if a person has made a rsrch or an exf batch? Like a history?

I think someone claimed to have done a pull for a certain aisle but I did my pull for that certain aisle and I pulled a lot.

Is there a way to know what pull batches a person made? Like if a person has made a rsrch or an exf batch? Like a history?

I think someone claimed to have done a pull for a certain aisle but I did my pull for that certain aisle and I pulled a lot.
unforunately, there is no way.

We started having no closers in the backroom.

Also backroom hours are cut drastically. 1 TM at 530am, 2 TMs at 6, and then another at 11am, everyone with 5hr shifts.

Yea, nothing gets done at all.

Then our TL is either one of the TM that comes in at 6 or 930 as our mid/closer.

Of course the BRTM that comes in at 530 spends 95% of his time unloading the trailer and C&S.

Today I spent a few hours consolidating plastics. Made a bunch of space. Standing there looking for more opportunity and I watch another BrTM go to put something away in the giant space I made. 1 plastic tub. I said there was already a location for it and he looks at his PDA and goes 'oh....yeah'. Seriously? This is why the BR at my store is fucked. I rearrange furniture to put heavy stuff down low for safety and it doesn't last a week before it's all to shit. Stop putting team lift furniture up high. Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Is it too hard to take five seconds to do things the right way? Good way to keep BR hours. Fuck.

unforunately, there is no way.

I take it there's also no way to look up a batch on the computer and find a list of the items in that batch?

As much as my STL annoys me, I'm really glad he started working at Target as a flow TM.

And he's really good (while also being really fucking annoying) at getting the backroom in shape.

91% BR location accuracy! This is what happens when you spend all your time training the E2E team how to answer phones and use spyder wraps and not how to use the goddamn backroom!

YOU CANNOT CUT BACK ON FUNDING YOU WILL REGRET THIS

I rearrange furniture to put heavy stuff down low for safety and it doesn't last a week before it's all to shit. Stop putting team lift furniture up high. Just because you can doesn't mean you should.
Come to my store where nobody backstocks furniture up high. Instead they just shove it in front of other stuff in lower locations.

Our BR seems to be hiding hours. Since people can't be scheduled past a certain time, or they just don't have hours they are scheduling people into different work centers and then they just work BR. So far I've seen people scheduled as Instocks, SFS, Hardlines, and Presentation who are meant to be there for BR

91% BRLA? That's pretty hard to do...we dipped under 97% one week and all hell broke loose.
Since e2e started and since they placed several brand spanking new, off the street, new hire TMs into the backroom ... we've gone from a consistent 98%-99% BRLA to now <drum roll> 91% to 93%. We now are going through each aisle during o/n and having to relocate/ locu / LoPro ... everything. Ugh.

Edit: our Ops ETL is simply blaming the o/n crew. Our STL is blaming the o/n crew. Our Salesfloor ETls are blaming the o/n crew. Loggy ETL: pulled up the reports, threw them into Excel, crunched the numbers, listed by TM: all o/n BRTMs have a 99% or higher LA, next to zero on baffles, awesome pull times, etc. Data Saves.

Last edited:
I have a question and the powers that be over here don't it won't answer it. We check our trucks and freight when scheduling and for the most part it's 5 trucks and 10,000 for freight but for the past 3 weeks it's been 5 trucks and anywhere from 12,000-14,000. I creases I get but that's like adding another truck and no payroll. Not to mention one day truck is 1600 next day 2800 then next day 1800...lil consistency please and no it is not transition

I have a question and the powers that be over here don't it won't answer it. We check our trucks and freight when scheduling and for the most part it's 5 trucks and 10,000 for freight but for the past 3 weeks it's been 5 trucks and anywhere from 12,000-14,000. I creases I get but that's like adding another truck and no payroll. Not to mention one day truck is 1600 next day 2800 then next day 1800...lil consistency please and no it is not transition
Welcome to Spot.

Our BR seems to be hiding hours. Since people can't be scheduled past a certain time, or they just don't have hours they are scheduling people into different work centers and then they just work BR. So far I've seen people scheduled as Instocks, SFS, Hardlines, and Presentation who are meant to be there for BR

Thats whats happeneing with us, i'm technically SFS, but the fastest backstocker so most days i come in and do both. its gotten to the point where i'll just do that now without anyone saying anything. come in, pull some batches, help with blackline, pull batches, backstock, pull batches, help with the 1's etc.

91% BR location accuracy! This is what happens when you spend all your time training the E2E team how to answer phones and use spyder wraps and not how to use the goddamn backroom!

YOU CANNOT CUT BACK ON FUNDING YOU WILL REGRET THIS

Lol at Sim City 2000 reference.

91% BRLA? That's pretty hard to do...we dipped under 97% one week and all hell broke loose.
It's since bumped up to some 95%... still awful

Apparently the 91% was chalked up to 1k+ errors in softlines so we now have a single dedicated softlines backstocker (???)

BR's never looked so terrible, we used to keep it 98%+ all year, with exceptions during BTS and December

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back