Archived The Big & Dandy Backroom thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
PBTuEF4.jpg

Found this gem today... Apparently someone had the time to make a new box and find the tape to affix the old box's label but not the time to simply print a new label. It really isn't that hard people.

PBTuEF4.jpg

Found this gem today... Apparently someone had the time to make a new box and find the tape to affix the old box's label but not the time to simply print a new label. It really isn't that hard people.
To be fair, my store recently went a month without backroom label paper, and no one showed the newbies how to print new labels. At least print it on paper and tape it!

To be fair, my store recently went a month without backroom label paper, and no one showed the newbies how to print new labels. At least print it on paper and tape it!
Our store always has too many rolls of shelf label stickers. I remember before they switched backroom pfresh off to the market people, I'd always be looking for market labels and having to dig through twenty rolls of shelf stickers.

How do you even print single labels on the portable printers? We have the stickers for it, but I've never been able to figure out how to actually do it.

Can you not print them using a PDA and the old portable printers, assuming you still have them?

We just recently got the new printers; can you use the PDA to print to those or do you need the older printers? I think we got rid of all our old printers because none of them ever worked anyway.

We just recently got the new printers; can you use the PDA to print to those or do you need the older printers? I think we got rid of all our old printers because none of them ever worked anyway.
Can you not print them using a PDA and the old portable printers, assuming you still have them?
You can use either printer, but the old portable printers were forced disabled in the system so I’m not sure how you’re going to make it work.
The new printers don’t fit the huge rolls from the old printers. You would have to remove about half from the backroom location label roll (if it doesn’t have the zebra logo on the center roll) to make it fit in the new printer. Currently, you’ll still use the PDA to print (portable) backroom labels.

How do you even print single labels on the portable printers? We have the stickers for it, but I've never been able to figure out how to actually do it.
PDA<RFapps<Stockroom locator<Location Management or print barcodes
Make sure to say yes to group locations.

If anyone figures out the holy trinity of completing all backstock, all 12 steps, and green BRLA, let me know.

The whole company has taken a fat dip on BRLA yet our sister district is green but one store. Not only green, but they hover 98.5%. I'm pretty sure they never hit AIS and are very anal about completing additional manuals.

Trick for fitting old labels in the new printers is don't. You have to feed the paper through the back and leave the roll outside the printer.

If anyone figures out the holy trinity of completing all backstock, all 12 steps, and green BRLA, let me know.

The only stores I know that have green location accuracy do two things, 1 train everyone in the backroom regardless of work center and two all the BRTMs carry both a PDA and a MyDevice so they can LOCU and backstock with the PDA and do pulls with the MyDevice.

I have no clue how they get the 12 steps done in the hours given. We get probably 6 steps done regardless of what the STL puts on the paper.

Last edited:
Seeing 01A008, just looks wrong to me since ours goes from 7 to 9. Otherwise, I'd be happy that they at least tried to maintain location accuracy unlike the people here.
As I have learned, to them, Yes it actually is. Thanks that made my day.

Anyone figure out what to do with all the old printers?

Can someone here explain what accuracy is when doing pulls? I’m a sales floor team member and our back room TL always writes cards each week saying our names and like ‘____ pulls at ____ accuracy’. I literally always get 100%. How can you do an inaccurate pull? Like what would the process of doing that actually be?

@HLN13 You have a baffle or ghost attached to your name. In the case of ghost what the system says is there isn't really there. With a PDA that would be an LOCU and rebackstock, with a my device you're likely exiting out going back into the cart, skipping the location, then exiting out again and going into MyWork to do a take from that location then going into Move again and continuing on. With a baffle you scanned something that on the shelf that wasn't backstocked. With move it tells you the DCPI so you can just scan that item. Sometimes I'll scan every item on the shelf just to locate them in the backroom. It pisses the STL off because the BRLA isn't green, but which is more important the BRLA or product sitting unlocated in the backroom?

@HLN13 You have a baffle or ghost attached to your name. In the case of ghost what the system says is there isn't really there. With a PDA that would be an LOCU and rebackstock, with a my device you're likely exiting out going back into the cart, skipping the location, then exiting out again and going into MyWork to do a take from that location then going into Move again and continuing on. With a baffle you scanned something that on the shelf that wasn't backstocked. With move it tells you the DCPI so you can just scan that item. Sometimes I'll scan every item on the shelf just to locate them in the backroom. It pisses the STL off because the BRLA isn't green, but which is more important the BRLA or product sitting unlocated in the backroom?

Why not also include the fastest and easiest way to do it on the PDA? The m delete function.

And on the my device, it will ask you if you've scanned e everything on the shelf if what you want isn't there. But yes.

Why add in all these extra steps when the most efficient route is provided

Yes. Correct. However on the reporting for calculating Brla the item(s) that were ghosts count as errors as soon az you m delete ( or ais on move) whereas if you LOCU/manual audit the location beforehand, it doesn't count as a ghost.

Yes, I know. But the Brla is a metric used to expose these errors. If we cheat the system, we arent fixing the problem, being that someone can't backstock or pull correctly. And to be honest, I don't care about a made up metric. I've got guests to help.

It updates the location. That's what it's for. It doesn't cause an error. It exposes an error. The error is already there.

The error in creating a ghost is someone not pulling properly. But doing m-delete doesn't tell you who pulled something incorrectly it only tells you who couldn't find the item.
Most ETL/STLs use the m-delete to narrow down who was lazy in their pulls.

Yes it's more efficient to m-delete, but a TM that knows how to pull properly is also likely to not m-delete and fix problems when they come across them, where one that doesn't is more likely to be watched.

The error in creating a ghost is someone not pulling properly. But doing m-delete doesn't tell you who pulled something incorrectly it only tells you who couldn't find the item.

Yes it's more efficient to m-delete, but a TM that knows how to pull properly is also likely to not m-delete and fix problems when they come across them, where one that doesn't is more likely to be watched.

I know how to pull properly. M delete does fix the error. Nothing is made better by locuing it either, it just fluff the metric. It just takes longer. Maybe by only a few seconds. But seconds count. Just ask my ETL hr if I go over 6 hours by a few seconds.

My understanding was that M-Delete didn't count against the TM who exposed an error unless the item was later found there in an audit or another TM scanned it in that location.

@unknown What methods can management use to know that you know how to pull properly? The two main ones are pull times and errors.

My understanding, I might be wrong, is that m deleting does not create an error. It backs up to the last person to scan that Waco. As far as pull times, I'm pulling POG fills and price change. If they want to check the pull times, go for it.

But, how does locuing something expose an error?

I think this loci the location has been drilled into too many people's heads. You're taking more time to cover up errors instead of highlighting them so the person who is actually creating them can be found. I just don't get it.

Any items you don't scan but were located when you scanned the location (including the item you're looking for) are immediately added as an error for that days errors, under the ghost category. There is no system in place since the swap to the myDevice to find 'blame' for these types of errors.

There was never a backup to the last person in the PDA m-delete was associated with the name of the person that scanned it and clicked m-delete. There is a similar report for all items scanned in Move.

The only way to find blame is process of elimination.

What is all entailed in changing aisles in backroom with profiling. For example moving chemical aisle from 30 to aisle 11 in backroom. Is there anything more into it than just simply updating the profile for the aisle (moving the shelves for case stock and Wacos). Is there any form that needs to be submitted so that errors aren't created bc we used to have PLUG located on that aisle now Chemicals are there now or does the system automatically know that chemicals is there based off the new profile for the aisle (basically the shelving changed and where the case stock and Wacos will be placed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back