Archived The Big & Dandy Backroom thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's amazing the work that gets done when you are not meager with hours. We had 3 + 1 (trainee) people in the BR from 11-4 and in that time we pulled 70 Research/EXF Batches within 3 hours + CAFs. Last week we didn't finish all the research batches until 9 pm.

Then today we knocked out the CAFs in like 15 min.

Of course they are looking to add 2 BRTMs so I expect hours to crash and burn again.
Yup that's how it goes...Our Backroom team complains everyday about the never-ending mountain of backstock. But they seem to have forgotten that their hours go from 40 down to 20-30 after new TMs are hired and BR starts coming clean again.

As anyone who has worked backroom for awhile, it's a pain to deal with seasonal merchandise in locations.

Few weeks ago, I updated and fixed BTS/Office which had around 30 baffles. This week, I have to fix about 70 baffles all in open stock locations. Needless to say, I spent about 2-3 hours down the aisle, whic h blew up my CAF pulls in correspondence.

My reaction:
post-55902-son-of-a-bitch-gif-Imgur-Tumbl-sOAG.gif

Yeah, I was not happy.

That's no surprise. BTS brings in a lot of things that look a like that have different DPCIs with huge quantities. Unless you're super careful and know what to look for, it's easy to mess something up. Next time, try dropping a manual every few sections so everything won't drop into one single batch ;)

If I do nothing else this summer, it will be my mission to keep BTS (at least in the backroom) organized. Neat and organized. Rubber-banded, neat, and organized. My efforts will be appreciated when errors drop. Or they'll just find something else to complain about.

Probably the second one. Yeah.

So our Plano Team reset Intimates and there is a lot of women's bras to be backstocked.

When you backstock these, almost all of them stow without a quantity.

So, since I usually "SUBT999" Plano backstock, does it really matter if I do it that way or will it still come out in the CAFs in bulk if I don't? :confused:

The process to me seems to be: Scan product, Scan Loc, Yes to stow, Take 999, Did you pull all? No. [Normally it would ask how much is left]

I only ask because, it is a lot of bras in repacks and doing "SUBT999" on all of it is time consuming. :)

So our Plano Team reset Intimates and there is a lot of women's bras to be backstocked.

When you backstock these, almost all of them stow without a quantity.

So, since I usually "SUBT999" Plano backstock, does it really matter if I do it that way or will it still come out in the CAFs in bulk if I don't? :confused:

The process to me seems to be: Scan product, Scan Loc, Yes to stow, Take 999, Did you pull all? No. [Normally it would ask how much is left]

I only ask because, it is a lot of bras in repacks and doing "SUBT999" on all of it is time consuming. :)
I would just wait to see if it tries to come out in the CAFS. If it does, type in however many it asks for and don't actually pull them. Hit no when it asks if you pulled all.

That might screw up the accumulator though...

I've been using SUBT999 for months and the apocalypse hasn't happened. After 5pm, I use STO to back stock. When it's the CAF batch hours, I ONLY use SUBT999. And don't give me this accumulator bullshit because that is a lie. I've back stocked numerous things numerous times in one day with only SUBT999 and the stupid caf batches still wanted me to pull the item.

I found out during lunch that no one is going to be helping on Sunday(today) in the backroom. Bubba that's been helping me told me that he had been transitioned out of backroom to hardlines. Not one ETL or TL told me that information. Had to get it from a team member. I also looked on the schedule to confirm it and it's true. Horrible tax free weekend is next weekend and I also will be alone in the backroom.
This store is a pathetic joke and leadership is clueless. And the big kick to the dick is I have to clock in at noon which means I have punch out for lunch before 6pm. 5pm is going be to a horrible time. I will have to worry about the 5pm CAF batches, meal compliance, and wonderful FF.

My other fear is that I will get stuck with a newbie and it will just as bad as if I'm alone. Why does backroom management think it's a good idea for newbies or rookies to work their first day in backroom day on the weekend particularly a Sunday? Horrifically stupid leadership. Backroom day team members need to be gradually shown the backroom day schedule. Start on a Tuesday or Wednesday and work some week day shifts then pop your weekend cherry. Shit like this is just another sign in a long series of signs that it's time to finally tell Target to fuck off and part ways.

I used SUBT9999 once just to try it, on a challenge item. I heard if you use it, you end up on some report. Don't know how true this is.

Yesterday was ridiculously busy. The noon CAFs were one of the smallest batches of the day, every other hour constantly hovered around 2 hours, thanks in part to 1/2 hour office batches. Guess BTS is starting to hit.

@Jackswastedlife99
If you get an FF in the 5pm hour, pawn it off on the LOD. Tell them you need to make sure the CAFs don't roll, get the FF on time, and avoid hitting compliance but you only have enough time for two of those.

The BTS pull goal is horribly inaccurate. A 30 min office pull takes me maybe 10 min to pull tops. Then again, the timer is wrong for things where I don't have to hunt a ladder, ride the wave, etc.

It was rollover-palooza in the backroom today. The noons, 1's, 2's, and probobly(I left at 4ish with 5 batches left) the 3's rolled over. I'm guessing the 4's and 5's rolled over too since there is only one person in the backroom from now til close. Ridiculous to be getting thrown 2 hour CAFs every hour when no one was backstocking shit. The sales floor couldn't keep up with the pulls either since they were glued to the checklanes. There were 20 something pulls on the line and we started using shopping carts to put pulls in since that's all we had.

The store has be doing amazing sales this weekend.

@asidius , that's what we've had today, too. Thankfully I have double coverage this year! But the line is full of leftover freight and the dock doors are covered with CAF pulls. Craaaazyyy

So ON Backroom had hours slashed. 2 ppl worked the dept. No Auto fills were done. So I walk into 53 batches. Ignore and continue on my merry way? Pull 15 batches b4 the first CAFS drop. Doing good so far. Just myself and another tm in the br. 11am hour CAFS about 2 and a half hours, alright we got this. 12s drop. Nearly 10 hours. Outie like bugatti.

BTS kicked our are rest of the day. Lol.

Miraculously someone was there to help me today. He did an alright job for a newbie. I think he had been working with the morning team for a month. We pulled gigantic amounts of hardlines and grocery today. At 6pm, the line was full of caf pulls. I was filling up a whole tub with just GRC 1, 2, 3, and snck. Ridiculously huge caf pulls. I would use a tub for food and then a shopping cart for beverage and paper and chemicals. Just ridiculous. I think next weekend is going to be even worse because it's tax free weekend.

THE IDIOT IN BACKROOM TODAY FOR THE 3PM CAFS DID 6 BATCHES IN FORTY MINUTES. WHY YOU MAY ASK? BECAUSE THIS PARAGON OF INTELLIGENCE THOUGHT PULLING OFFICE AND STATIONARY FIRST WAS A GOOD IDRA

THE IDIOT IN BACKROOM TODAY FOR THE 3PM CAFS DID 6 BATCHES IN FORTY MINUTES. WHY YOU MAY ASK? BECAUSE THIS PARAGON OF INTELLIGENCE THOUGHT PULLING OFFICE AND STATIONARY FIRST WAS A GOOD IDRA
Well you have to pull it sometime...

Most of our OFCE is in another stockroom, so it gets pulled first if someone is over there.

Well you have to pull it sometime...

Most of our OFCE is in another stockroom, so it gets pulled first if someone is over there.

There were 29 others he could have pulled first.

Is it better to have 1 go over or 29?

I would just wait to see if it tries to come out in the CAFS. If it does, type in however many it asks for and don't actually pull them. Hit no when it asks if you pulled all.

That might screw up the accumulator though...
You'll be fine.. This literally does the same as SUBT9999, Just as long as you answer no!

Yesterday, people thought it was tax free weekend so we where busy af.. Apparently, the BR mid called the LOD and asked for help one round and they sent one of the hardlines guys that only pulls once in a blue moon and just left LF to zone his grocery aisles. About half of the batches rolled into the next hour. I think the HLTM was able to contribute two batches It is what it is, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back