Archived The Big & Dandy Backroom thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our wave died during 4th quarter and it took months before we got it back. We would just locu and pull everything or burn and pull later.

I don't like putting FDC or 'unload' pallets in the steel because I 80% of the time (mostly talking about transition here) those suckers will be dropped onto flats and that's just no bueno.

Our wave died during 4th quarter and it took months before we got it back. We would just locu and pull everything or burn and pull later.
Ours died during 4Q too.. At the time, all the steralite case stock was on the top row of the steel and it sucked soo bad.

We generally don't use the plastic pallets in the steel, except when the ETL-LOG is "cleaning up" and stacks them ALL up on the top.

your diaper puller isn't very good :p
If their diaper is set up like ours, it's 10% aisle and 90% bulk steel. I'll toggle to another batch and grab the rest of diapers when I'm passing the steel. Diaper, Paper, Pets.. My times do the same thing because I don't believe in zigzagging through the backroom.

If their diaper is set up like ours, it's 10% aisle and 90% bulk steel. I'll toggle to another batch and grab the rest of diapers when I'm passing the steel. Diaper, Paper, Pets.. My times do the same thing because I don't believe in zigzagging through the backroom.

Same here. Our pets and diapers bulk locations are halfway across the store from the aisle locations. Whoever is in the aisle will just exit the batch once it sends him to bulk and whoever happens to be pulling the bulk will hop in and complete it.

Yup, Diaper and BBO2 share an aisle in my backroom, along with most of the diapers in their own mini aisle in the steel.

#thisiswhyidontbackstock
The alternative is dozens of vehicles of untouched backstock everywhere for months...Not a fun experience. I would so have preferred to have the backroom clean and just help pull a few times a day.

The alternative is dozens of vehicles of untouched backstock everywhere for months...Not a fun experience. I would so have preferred to have the backroom clean and just help pull a few times a day.

Not my experience in back to school. So much of it goes out when it's repushed. It feels like such a waste of time to put it away and then pull it back out the very next hour.

ADDED: Oh, and a question for y'all. Let's say FDC is coming tomorrow and you need to get the coolers and freezers cleaned. Let's say there's light-moderate backstock in PRO, MEAT, and DARY, and a lot in FRZN because your fellow TMs are babies who can't bring themselves to backstock in there. You don't have enough time to take care of all of them because nobody did cardboard all day and that's gonna take some time out of your night. What's your plan? Clean up the three coolers and barely touch the freezer? (Maybe) clean up the freezer and not touch the others? Say screw it and backstock BTS instead (LOL)?

Last edited:
Not my experience in back to school. So much of it goes out when it's repushed. It feels like such a waste of time to put it away and then pull it back out the very next hour.

ADDED: Oh, and a question for y'all. Let's say FDC is coming tomorrow and you need to get the coolers and freezers cleaned. Let's say there's light-moderate backstock in PRO, MEAT, and DARY, and a lot in FRZN because your fellow TMs are babies who can't bring themselves to backstock in there. You don't have enough time to take care of all of them because nobody did cardboard all day and that's gonna take some time out of your night. What's your plan? Clean up the three coolers and barely touch the freezer? (Maybe) clean up the freezer and not touch the others? Say screw it and backstock BTS instead (LOL)?
Given the redwire communication that says frozen freight from our FDC is going to be increased for the next few days, I would probably get the freezer ready. The milk transition at my store got fucked up so I don't have the patience to spend much time in my dairy cooler right now. As far as BTS is concerned, I would probably try to sort through a few vehicles and have the quick sellers (notebooks, dump bins, crayola, glue) repushed and backstock the rest.

Backroom morning back stocked 20 vehicles for bts yesterday. The caf pull times were ridiculous. Our coolers get ignored by everyone. If I'm closing I know the freezers go off around 8:15pm so I'll try to spend 45-60 minutes in there. If the morning team would come clean I think us mid and closers could do the coolers over regular bs.

But it's not just helping pull a few times a day. Half the stuff you pull will be backstock. So you're just piling back up while you waste time pulling stuff that won't go out.

The coolers aren't the backroom's problem. You're main concern should be getting the BR ready for Flow's truck. If there is no truck the next day, you should clear the tubs and such of BS for the morning Autofills.

Helping out with the coolers is a nice thought but remember that the faster flow gets done, the faster they can help out with Market.

I clocked out and left tonight without really starting that I was leaving. I thought I was going to have a nervous breakdown. At this point, I don't care if I get fired. I'll take unemployment over working at the shithole of a store that I work at. I was scheduled to leave at 7pm and didn't clock out until about 740pm. Always get bitched at for pullls being left in the PDA so I had to pull 2 research batches at 630pm and each one filled up a flat. I didn't start pulling the price change batches until 7pm. Pathetic. I also deleted a FF order because I was ready to leave and clock and I asked the LOD and was told it was going to wait and then I asked if I could delete it so I could clock out and heard it was okay. The lazy shopping order wanted two backpacks but there was only one so I had to pick one and get the sticker and then delete the order. I don't care. Maybe getting fired will be the best thing to happen to me. I just can't believe how much of a wimp I am. I let a shitty place like Target fuck me up in the head.

Backroom wasn't as bad as I was expecting today. Came in early to help the new guys finish the 12s. I had them pull chem and paper for the ones and spend the rest of there day backstocking. They were so happy about not having to pull. Worse thing about today was moving the 40 vehicles of push from Saturday onto the floor to be pushed Monday.

But it's not just helping pull a few times a day. Half the stuff you pull will be backstock. So you're just piling back up while you waste time pulling stuff that won't go out.
True, but a lot of the repushed backstock didn't go out either. And that was a lot messier and disorganized for the TMs working in seasonal to deal with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back