Archived The Big & Dandy Backroom thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate that you can't Control-X anymore.

The PDA now makes a loud beep when you scan something(similar to scanning in RF Apps) in the web apps now (flex fulfillment, SUBT, Item Search).

The most useless update during my time. I feel as if those are the only things that changed.

It's horrible. It's going back to standing like an idiot waiting for my PDA to reboot while we're pulling CAFs.
At least my backroom days are over.

I've found that my biggest problem with using the MyDevice in the backroom is the take function. Its just not effective. Pair that with tms hitting 'get more' instead of 'take' and you get a million ghosts along with random confusing exf batches.
I've asked and begged and pleaded with everyone to just ask a backroom TM to help them or grab a PDA but as I only have 8hrs and 2 eyes, the asking and begging and pleading falls on deaf ears.

Makes me a rather sad BRTL panda.

Not having help during Labor Day weekend in the backroom is always fun. I swear the store I'm at is a joke and a turd. I come in at noon and check the damn grid because I have been screwed over the last month on the weekend. Dumbasses don't want to work. I check the grid and yep I was right. No one was even scheduled to help me. I just don't get it. One of the lazy dumbasses can't work 10am to 530pm or 6pm to help me pull the CAF batches on a Saturday? Yeah, you're probably thinking "why are you so mean to backroom team members". Okay, I will tell you why.
Most of them are lazy assholes that bullshit around during the last 30 minutes of their shifts. I called for help today and my ETL tried calling one of the dummies that was still at the store and the dummy refused to answer his walkie talkie. Instead of helping me, the dumbass was throwing trash and cardboard away and then pushed some shopping carts up to the front. This fucker is the type that takes a break when he's got 15 to 30 minutes left on his shift This dummy plays the "tenure" card a lot. He's like "I've been here for 20 years". My response is "I don't give a fuck". This isn't a university. Your 20 years of experience don't mean shit to me. Stop bullshitting around and help me. When you are about to leave in 10 to 15 minutes, it's not gonna kill you to pull maybe 5 CAF batches to help me out. Honestly, I don't fucking get it. Wouldn't a dummy morning backroom team member want to pull CAF batches instead of just bullshitting around because pulling the CAF batches makes the time go by faster? Just pure laziness.
And then when I do get help with CAF batches, there is this defiant attitude about it. When I need help, I need help. Stop bullshitting and fucking help me. It's not gonna kill you to pull some CAF batches.

Today was a disaster. I burned probably half of the shit that I pulled. I honestly didn't give a fuck. And the backroom was a joke. A fucking obstacle course. Don't even get me started on the freezer. Having to squeeze through to get by. Stupid dumb vendor fucks blocking the beverage aisle in receiving with their shitty merchandise. I moved their pallets out of the way before I left tonight. When I move their pallets, I always make sure to put trash and broke pieces of pallets on their pallets.

Target Dev team needs one swift kick to the family jewels. This staggered regression in functionality is pointless. It's their arbitrary way of making the PDAs look worse than the mydevices. It may have worked if the mydeivces weren't total failures. I've heard they want to replace all PDAs with them eventually. As a brtm good luck with them A) surviving a drop from a ladder/wave & B) not fogging in 3sec when pulling in the freezer.

I just heard of a new process in the backroom.

Beginning in the next few weeks, backroom TM's will be assigned an aisle and will be responsible for pulling discontinued, NOP, and keeping it error free, plus other things. I think we'll get more info next week. Apparently this is rolling out to the entire group.

At my store, my folks are given a list of aisles to do those functions. I thought it was in best practice already.

Lol my store is lucky if we have 1 TM per stockroom, let alone 1 per aisle.

I just heard of a new process in the backroom.

Beginning in the next few weeks, backroom TM's will be assigned an aisle and will be responsible for pulling discontinued, NOP, and keeping it error free, plus other things. I think we'll get more info next week. Apparently this is rolling out to the entire group.
It is an ancient process, not even sure it is on the list of things to do but much like the pyramids, target leadership all over the country comes up with that same idea. I give it about a month before it falls by the wayside due to hours and scheduling.

Man, the money our leadership is paid to come up with these "innovative" ideas, yet they forget we need payroll to achieve these ideas...

Or they really want us to fail.

Hi, With how many TMs do you run the BR on a truck day? At my store it was usually 3 tms and TL helping to bowl into the aisles. But recently they want me to run it with 2 Tms and myself. Our average truck is 2200+ and usually 500+ Blackline. Not counting that after the truck they want us to BS presentation's, hardline's and what not. Is this normal?

Hi, With how many TMs do you run the BR on a truck day? At my store it was usually 3 tms and TL helping to bowl into the aisles. But recently they want me to run it with 2 Tms and myself. Our average truck is 2200+ and usually 500+ Blackline. Not counting that after the truck they want us to BS presentation's, hardline's and what not. Is this normal?
We close with 2, but they get help from people on truck that aren't horrible to clean up.

I called for help 4 times during the CAF batch hours. My helper left at 230pm. I had to have someone help at noon and 3pm to 5pm. You're probably asking "Labor Day was today and no one was scheduled to help you all day with the CAF batches"?
Of course, not. I was by myself after 230pm and had to fend for myself. Today was basically a Sunday on the grocery side. Ridiculous amounts of CAF batches. It didn't help that I had to pull backstock in the CAF batches. I loved how the backroom morning dumbass backstocked 2 tubs of chemicals at 1pm and I got to pull them at 2pm. I had 24 DPCI in the chemicals batch. Filled up an entire tub.

If I could looper the designer of RF apps especially the person that created STO, I probably would.

STO backstocking should not regurgitate the back stock into CAF batches. It should not happen. If a dummy backstocks a tub of shampoo at noon and the salesfloor locations are full, I should not have to pull it again at 1pm. Nope.
STO backstocking is probably my biggest pet peeves in the backroom.

My top 3 pet peeves in the backroom are
1. STO backstocking only during the CAF batch hours. It's not going to kill you to backstock using SUBT. Shit, I've been using SUBT 999 to backstock crap all this year and the store is still standing. It's not going to kill you. You're just lazy and don't want to do it. Please don't give me bullshit about the accumulator. Fuck the accumulator.
2. Blocking location labels in the freezers and coolers and any place else in the backroom. That is incredibly rude and you should be shamed and shunned for doing it. How would you like it if I got a pile of wooden pallets and blocked off your entrances to the aisles on the salesfloor or to the cash registers? Or how would you like it if I left just enough room for you to squeeze through? How would that feel?
3. Blocking my way in general in the backroom. When I am pulling CAF batches especially on the grocery side, move out of my way. What I am doing trumps whatever you're doing. I'm on timer and you are not. Move the fuck out of my way. This goes for vendors too. Keep the pathways clear at all times. This isn't a Double Dare, Guts, Wipeout, or Survivor. I don't want to have go through an obstacle course to pull the CAF batches.

I came in at 2:30 to close alone. Nobody pulled the 2:00s because they "forgot". I finished them with two minutes to spare.

I came in at 2:30 to close alone. Nobody pulled the 2:00s because they "forgot". I finished them with two minutes to spare.

Oh really? We forget to issue you a check this Friday as well. Here is a Target gift card with $2 to spare...

Another horrible day at Target. I walked into the back and had tons of backstock from Plano clearing out mini seasonal. I had a ton of batches of research that I was told to pull one and wait for it to be pushed. Eventually I just pulled everything after getting tired of waiting. I had dozens of vehicles on the push side. We had no closer so I had to set the line, bs, make a bale and pull cafs.

Set the line? LMAO! I haven't cleared the line in a week. Too much Halloween seasonal shit. Stayed until 10 to pull 9 pallets of office price change tonight.

I saw a trim a tree box in the backroom. Then as I was backstocking I ran into a christmasy bow and discovered we have ornaments, gift boxes and more already.

Christmas is coming.

So I wrapped up my backroom training today, and pretty much everything makes sense except for one thing.

Trainer mentioned when we were pulling 2s that areas that we had just recently backstocked, and it asking for an item that was backstocked, when it asks for the quantity to do 99 and say not everything was pulled?

I'm assuming that's the SUBT999 I keep seeing all over the place? Just wanna make sure I'm actually doing that part right...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back