Archived The Big & Dandy Backroom thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can you pull price change in an hour 6pm to 7pm when you don't get done with the 6pm.caf batches until 630pm and then you have a HOME price change batch that has 60 DPCI in it?

I said many times price change and autofills don't count but every other batch is timed one hour or you get dinged as if you missed a caf hour.

That's pretty dumb. A few days ago I had to pull a mammoth of a revision POG that took me hours to complete because of the CAFs and other things that took priority.

I said many times price change and autofills don't count but every other batch is timed one hour or you get dinged as if you missed a caf hour.

I haven't been to work in a few days, wonder how my store's handling that.

I've seen multiple POGs hang around in the gun for hours. Is the POG team gonna step up and pull them or ask (make) backroom do it? (given our crummy dayside team, we'd be getting a lot of dings...) Guess I'll find out Monday...

Nothing was mentioned last night when I went in to work, so I'm gonna continue operating like I have until someone tells me otherwise. Our backroom is actually starting to recover some more, we still aren't coming clean and the coolers are still a shitshow but that's nothing new. At least we are coming clean on main stockroom backstock and whittling down the backstock left in the various satellite stockrooms.

Although I feel the need to bitch about our Infant/Mens/Shoes stockroom. It's just a long fucking aisle on the other side of the store, and it's actually even narrower than the aisles in the main stockroom. It's so narrow that any backstock just has to be put inside of the aisle, which means that pulling any batch in there when there is any kind of backstock is a major pain. But on top of that, there isn't one of the built-in ladders so instead it's just a giant ladder that we have to wheel down the aisle. And guess what? It's backwards. And there is no room to maneuver it to turn it around. So basically, in order to get up the ladder, you have to go all the way down to the end of the aisle, into this little cubby hole, then push the ladder up the aisle to where you need it and then climb it. Then you have to pull it all the way back to the end of the aisle, go around it in the cubby hole, and then back up the aisle. Anytime that I see the PDA tell me that I need to scan location XXXA7 or more, I want to kick a puppy. Of course, since the aisle is so narrow even the skinniest person can't wiggle past it. It's so infuriating.

We have two tubs with toppers at my store. We mainly use them for softlines pulls. We don't use re-packs much for CAFs, but I usually use them for openstock from BATH, BEDS, HOME, and small plastics so they're not all over the place.

I saw my backroom TL today and she said nothing about non-CAF batches besides research having a 1-hour time limit. If that were the case, we'd be blood red because we rarely pull POGs and EXFs right away, and we don't pull price changes at night anymore.

I still don't get how you guys don't use repacks. What do you do with all the hangers, towels, sheets, HOME, etc

At my store, the BRTL will write up any TM who used repack boxes for the CAFs. A transfer BRTM got in trouble doing that since at his previous store, they did. He says it wastes too much time. Any open stock that comes out is just thrown onto the vehicle until it begins to fall. We also don't use any clips other than green pulls and pink backstock. (And the occasional clearance, price changes, and store pickup.) Don't ask me why, I've no idea.

The DTL's heart will stop if you place items in repack boxes on flats and tubs for the CAF batches. Yep, true story.

I always ask shit like that to my team lead when I get the third degree about shit like that. I ask "is someone going to die if I use repack boxes for the CAF batches or if I delete FF orders that have items that are not in the building". HAHAHA

I still don't get how you guys don't use repacks. What do you do with all the hangers, towels, sheets, HOME, etc
We just put them on the tub... I actually prefer to use the open tubs with no shelf for domestics. Towels will stack nicely in one corner, sheets and blankets are easy to stack, and small loose items just go wherever they fit. Hangars are a bitch though, and if I have enough BPLS to justify using a flat, I'll hang the hangars off the handle and bars.

They are separate positions when applying online though. The unload and stocking part of flow is called "Merchandise Flow TM" and the backroom part of flow is called "Early Morning Backroom TM."

For us...

BR = EM Backroom for truck days and non truck days.

Flow = UNLOAD/Stocking and for autofills in the AM on no truck days.

They may both be under the LOGISTICS UMBRELLA, but we are not just FLOW Team. Unless you work the truck unload, and push you are NOT FLOW! :) :p

The LOGISTICS TEAM = BR, PC, IS, POG, and Flow.

BR = BR

Flow = Flow, trailer unloading and pushing

The bulk persons for unload are sort of dual teamed I guess, since they really are BR centric, but they fall under FLOWTL in our store since they deal with the truck process more than BR.

PC, IS, POG are their respective teams.

"Flow" is not an umbrealla term in our store for this... They are really considered separate teams, and most especially BR/IS by the BRTL. PPTL handles the POG and PC TMs.

We do share TMs from Flow to BR, PC, POG etc. as needed... but "Flow" is not the umbrella term, here. Flow is only those unloading and pushing to the floor, here.

Why won't backroom team leads admit they play favorites? I've worked at Target for 8 years and every backroom team lead I've had has always favored the morning backroom people over the heart and soul of the backroom aka backroom day. I just wish my cunt team lead would admit it.

She always blames backroom day for all of the mistakes in the backroom especially location accuracy. She had the balls to ask me if I pull everything when I pull price change. That cunt would faint if she had to pull price change. I don't think she or any of her angels in the morning would stay til 10pm to pull 14 pallets of price change for 3 hours. Fuck her.

How my team handles daily workload

Check/Pull Online Flex Orders
Pull 7 am CAFs
Organize Compactor/Bale if necessary
Pull research under the hour before 11 am CAFs

*Only pull POGs if someone requests for current day (POG team pulls their own)
CAFs
*Backstock in between
Set the line for truck
If price change can't get finished at night, the morning crew will finish it

*That is if we aren't asked to push CAFs with the state of my BR the way it is now.

I try to make sure that no POG, research and EXF batches drop into the CAFs at all times. Talk about a headache.

Do any of you guys have these cool wire shelving units that you can screw onto the top of your tubs? Basically its just a shelf that screws on to the sides of the tub and sits on top, so you can still throw boxes underneath the shelf but you can put small openstock items on the shelving unit. Plus the shelf has 3 dividers, so it makes pulling things like HBA, OFCE, and STAT so much easier cause I can just chuck all of these into their own division of the shelf. No more repack boxes for one or two openstock items! I'll take a picture if I can tonight.
We have two of these. One is permanently full off gift cards. The other houses batteries. Because apparently storing them and only hoarding a vehicle when needed is too much work...which I bring up every time we run out of vehicles.

The only time I end up using repack boxes for pulls is when our DIPR batch gets out of control with the soft pack diapers, but someone in our backroom keeps taking the boxes we put in our BBO section. Bastids.

We have like 9 of the tubs with shelves, and another like 10 w/o shelves. I try to use shelfless with the PLUG pulls or with the BEV pulls, or with open stock pillows.

The only time I end up using repack boxes for pulls is when our DIPR batch gets out of control with the soft pack diapers, but someone in our backroom keeps taking the boxes we put in our BBO section. Bastids.

We have like 9 of the tubs with shelves, and another like 10 w/o shelves. I try to use shelfless with the PLUG pulls or with the BEV pulls, or with open stock pillows.
You only have 19 tubs total? We have at least 30 in our moderately sized backroom (B-volume store).

We have two of these. One is permanently full off gift cards. The other houses batteries. Because apparently storing them and only hoarding a vehicle when needed is too much work...which I bring up every time we run out of vehicles.
You only have 2?!?! We have around 20!!

We don't have very many tubs. Maybe 15 or so for our A Volume store. We make up for that by having a gazillion flats and a fair number of 3 tiers. We usually save the tubs for home/beds/bath/doms (because fuck putting pillows on a flat) as well as Toys and Grocery.

Yes but you technically have more leeway since if you type in a number, it will delete the item from the location. If there are 100 items in the location and you only press 1, the item is deleted. You should type in the correct quantity just to save your own butt.

What's the policy on staying late to do price change? At my turd store, my cunt team lead says we have to stay until it's done. I had a night back in the fall of last year in which I was pulling price change until 1045pm. The bubba that helps me on the weekends stayed until midnight to pull price change on a night in December. He is extremely slow with scanning so his lack of speed may have factored into him staying until midnight. I personally wouldn't have stayed until midnight. Target can suck a dick. 1045pm is late enough. Midnight is a joke. Get the lazy assholes in backroom morning to finish pulling price change. I really don't have any respect for my team lead. She always accuses me of doing all sorts of bad shit in the backroom. Always giving me the third degree too.

You only have 19 tubs total? We have at least 30 in our moderately sized backroom (B-volume store).

We have more, I just haven't counted ALL of them. I work on O/N, the only time we touch dayside processes directly is during BF, if we're backstocking their Pfresh backstock, or if we have a random Price Change to pull.

I think we have something like 25ish tubs total. We're only A+ volume (Though we recently had a 2K FDC..that was nuts)

I would be surprised if we had more than 20 tubs in our AA+ store. 3 are probably occupied with various shelves/fixtures that nobody has bothered to put away, 3 are full of defectives to be worked, 2 are being used by our cart attendants to collect trash, 2 more are sitting near the compactor (empty, but covered in some strange liquid, no doubt because our cart attendants use them for trash)...at best we have 5-7 tubs to use for push.

Don't even get me started on the ladies at the fitting room taking our 3-teir carts meant for pfresh to sort softlines reshop...

I wasn't even counting the ones permanently used by guest services, receiving, POG, etc.

And don't get me started on 3-tiers... We can have 15 of them lined up in the backroom at 6 and they will be gone by 8. We try to save a few for HBA and electronics, and the PA/CTL usually tries to keep one for Pfresh stuff. Dry market pulls just go on bare tubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back