Archived The Big & Dandy Backroom thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If your store has a SFS station, the person working it should always be the one doing STS. We also have SFS take care of flexibles for store pickup during the day. It works pretty well, but the backroom closer SOMETIMES forgets that they are responsible for flexibles after 4:30opm. Then they need a nice reminder the next time they work. lol

Now, if your store does not do SFS, receiving STS packages is very easy to learn. You simply go to "Recieving" which should be the first program on the list of your home PDA screen. Scan the barcode in the top right of the collate (the sheet that comes with the order). It will tell you the items that "should" be in the package, then you scan the item barcode (enter the DPCI starting with 49 if this does not work), then scan a portable printer to print a barcode off, then after placing the label on the item, scan it into a flexible fufillment location at guest service.

WOO :p
We do have a SFS station. I am trained :p BR still handles the SPU orders tho

I guess this isn't the right thread.... but we have over 400 Price Change batches in our PDA at the moment.... a backroom confession if you will. :(

We have been told specifically NOT to pull any. This started before the holidays for whatever reason. However, we have been manually pulling all D code and PTM from aisles via the backroom reports. So... probably 90% of those batches will auto complete if worked. Or else there is like 1 item per batch remaining for some other reason.

So yeah.... as somebody that has been there for a while and was super proactive about ensuring Price Changes were done every night that hurts a little. In fact last year I was the guy that pulled things PTM and flexed them out to get rid of them before they went Clearance. :p

You cannot fathom my inability to even.

If your store team was perfect at pulling dcode and executing PTM, then the price change batches shouldn't have even dropped due to lack of clearance product in the backroom. I'd hate to see your pricing scores.

Is this something corporate is testing at your store? Or is it just the brainchild of your STL/DTL/whoever?

I was asked by Guest Services if backroom does STS (Ship to Store)? There was a hand basket full of items up at Guest Services and I wasn't sure what the answer to that would be.
Anyone with a PDA can do it (including guest services) once they've spent a few minutes reading the training guide.

Anyone getting lied to about hours? I asked 2 weeks ago when the hours were going to get better and was told "late February". Of course, I didn't put that much faith into it. It's late February and hours suck ass. I've been scheduled 30 hours a week for the last 5 weeks. 30 hours a week don't fucking cut it. Luckily I've been using vacation payout hours to cover the difference but eventually that well will dry up.

I just want some communication and honesty. If this is the new normal then have the guts to tell me. Don't fucking lie to me.

And this CAF schedule is going to be a colossal failure. I'm going to laugh.

Some terminology I'm not sure of yet. What does it mean when something is flexing? Does it have anything to do with flex fulfillment?

Last edited:
And you should only do so if the items that was supposed to be in the empty location are discontinued or clearance. Or flow's definition... if it's empty, fill it. I really hate that flow TLs would encourage flexing without teaching tms on how to flex properly.

With this new CAF schedule hours have dropped for us. I'm pissed, because I need to get at least 35hrs a week to make ends meet and mine have dropped to under 30.

This new system did not work when they tried it out before, so I don't' know why they are going back to it. If my hours don't go up, and with the state of my freaking store I am probably gonna have to look for another job.

Thank you TBRTWITCH AND Shirohime.

If I am using the SUBT app and a Sales floor TM is asking me to see if an item is in the backroom, do I still have to type in 49 before scanning the DPCI that's on the sales floor ? Or is 49 only used when manually entering the DPCI?

Thank you for all your responses!

Thank you TBRTWITCH AND Shirohime.

If I am using the SUBT app and a Sales floor TM is asking me to see if an item is in the backroom, do I still have to type in 49 before scanning the DPCI that's on the sales floor ? Or is 49 only used when manually entering the DPCI?

Thank you for all your responses!
Only when typing it in

The 11's were 7 hours today like what :eek: Chem was 4 hours alone. I was pulled from p-fresh to help pull. It was finished in 30 min, with 2 TL's, HL ETL, 2 BR TM's and me so I'm pretty sure the system really overestimated the pull times

I was told that the CAF schedule is transitioning into a new system of 2 hour periods. So instead of hourly CAF's they are just going to be 2 hours?

Yep that's correct. If you're a backroom day team member, better start looking for another job. I love how early morning backroom is safe as usual. Always the favorites while backroom day minions are expendable.

Yep that's correct. If you're a backroom day team member, better start looking for another job. I love how early morning backroom is safe as usual. Always the favorites while backroom day minions are expendable.

I just began working at Target this month in the backroom. They now have one TL controlling one stockroom, and another controlling another side. Will the CAF transitioning affect scheduling at large across Target stores?

From what I've heard, yes. Less CAF batch hours which means smaller workload and that translate to fewer hours.

I just wish someone would just say hey we're firing you. If it's me, fine. Just fucking tell me.

Wouldn't pulling 2 hours cafs in 2 hours take the same amout of time as pulling one 1 hour caf in an hour?

It doesnt make sense to cut hours, especially if your brtms are only finishing at the 45-ish min mark. That means you'd finish an half hour early (cafs would take 1:30 to pull in 2 hours) which is taken up by flexes, backstock and cardboard

Wouldn't pulling 2 hours cafs in 2 hours take the same amout of time as pulling one 1 hour caf in an hour?

It doesnt make sense to cut hours, especially if your brtms are only finishing at the 45-ish min mark. That means you'd finish an half hour early (cafs would take 1:30 to pull in 2 hours) which is taken up by flexes, backstock and cardboard

In theory yes, but when you think about it, it's faster and more efficient to do 2 hours worth of CAFs in a one hour time frame since you only need to go to each fillgroup once as opposed to the two trips from having two different CAF rounds. If all of you fillgroups are close together the difference would be negligible, but at my store we have 3 auxiliary stockrooms separate from the main stockroom, so pulling those is a pain every hour. It would also reduce the whole pulling of a single item when there are still 3-4 on the shelf. I'm optimistic for these changes, as long as hours aren't slashed significantly.

Only our HBA stockroom is seperate but where store out ship to store orders in the back are expected to bring them up the front when the guest comes for it. That combined with the rest of the bs in the BR and only person pulling a theory 1:30 caf in 2 hours

Even if the Cafs are split up by groups, I'm personally a fast puller. I've pulled 1:30min cafes in 30mins. Maybe I learn to be lazy so I don't end up screwing my self with busy work when the new system starts

My hours dropped and I'm early morning. Luckily my TL is letting me add shifts, because he overheard the Plano TL offering to train me and he said that he would get me the hours. Apparently once you get trained on planning/pricing in my store, they will latch onto you and never let go. Since we don't have many early morning BR people who can actually do the work, they don't want me getting snatched up.

What does the acronym ASANTS stand for? I've tried looking it up in other threads, but to no avail.

It can also mean "my store is better than your store" and "your work at a shitty store".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back