Archived The Big & Dandy Backroom thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Live with it? Hahaha

Live with it? You're talking about people's lives. A lot of Target team members have families that depend on them for survival.

I'm so tired of non retail assholes talk shit about retail. They have no idea what the fuck they're talking about. I deal with it all the time with people in my family.

Live with it? Hahaha

Live with it? You're talking about people's lives. A lot of Target team members have families that depend on them for survival.

I'm so tired of non retail assholes talk shit about retail. They have no idea what the fuck they're talking about. I deal with it all the time with people in my family.
Live with backroom getting fewer hours. They've been preaching cross training to get more hours overall for over a month now. The hours available to schedule backroom aren't going back up unless the stl borrows from another work center. I'm not saying they should adjust from getting 40hrs to 20hrs, but they might have to pick up shifts on the floor to get there.

This tm is only trained for br and doesn't want to train for other things or even to push cafs...

Live with backroom getting fewer hours. They've been preaching cross training to get more hours overall for over a month now. The hours available to schedule backroom aren't going back up unless the stl borrows from another work center. I'm not saying they should adjust from getting 40hrs to 20hrs, but they might have to pick up shifts on the floor to get there.

This tm is only trained for br and doesn't want to train for other things or even to push cafs...

I'm trained in instocks, sales floor, and cashier and have been trying to get cross trained in other places ever since the calendar rolled over to 2016. You know what they said then? Not enough hours. Know what they're saying now? Not enough hours.

I pester an ETL weekly to cross train me in pricing. Hasn't happened. I pestered the electronics leader to cross train me in electronics, told me they have too many people.

It's simple to say to get crossed trained, but when they're refusing to cross train you, what can you do?

Our backroom hasn't been hit too hard. There is definitely fewer hours than before, but most are still able to get 34+. I think this mostly has to do with our high turnover rate, our BRTM's are dropping like flies.

I went from getting between 32-40 down to 25 on the next schedule out. My ETL said everyone lost hours across the store, so I'm hoping that it is just a fluke. I'm gonna be pissed if I lose hours because they keep hiring in worthless people for dayside.

Won't people keep hitting the same errors until the audit is done? Maybe he doesn't care about a green BRLA score.

Our BRTL delegates that task to some of the BRTMs.

Same as @SFSFun. They aren't a huge deal, my BRTL just asks one of us to do it or he will do it himself if he has the time for it.

Our BRTL is not a fan of doing the audits. They will wait a few days then knock a couple out at once. Thoughts?

Weird. It normally takes me and another BRTM like 10min to get the audit done each day. Why wouldn't you just go ahead and do it when it drops in? Apparently our BRLA has increased a fair amount since we started doing the audit before the autofills, so it seems like you're just hurting your scores if you don't.

Short staffed in the backroom, but everyone is getting their hours. The POGs have been heavy these past 2 weeks. For some reason, some of our Pharmacy nutrition bars like Kind, was switched over to the Snacks fillgroup. That made my POGs and unnoticed batches drop into our CAFs.

We're lucky if we can get the Audit done before the Autofills, which are Dayside's responsibility. If not, we do them in the morning.

Our BRTL is not a fan of doing the audits. They will wait a few days then knock a couple out at once. Thoughts?

Won't people keep hitting the same errors until the audit is done? Maybe he doesn't care about a green BRLA score.

Our BRTL delegates that task to some of the BRTMs.

Our early morning team is responsible for doing the audit after they finish the backstock. If they don't have time, we do it as soon as humanly possible.

Isn't there a metric somewhere regarding audit completion?

Our audits gets usually gets done once the autos are done, for a while our TL would tell one of us to stop pulling to finish the audit.

I'm slightly annoyed because of the grocery reset. Now fruit snacks are grocery 3 so I am going to need to locu and move a ton of stuff to make room for them.

The TL has us backstock instead of the audits and let's them accumulate until there's time later in the week to do a couple.

Audits are the 6am person's job. Monday through Friday they are only around 65 scans. Weekends can go up to 120 scans.

Between the backroom audit, sea, and misc research and exfs, everything gets done before 730 or 8.

I'm slightly annoyed because of the grocery reset. Now fruit snacks are grocery 3 so I am going to need to locu and move a ton of stuff to make room for them.

I'm SO happy fruit snacks are in grc3 now- our snack section was always overflowing but right now grc3 is pretty empty. Snack, beverage, and grc2 are deadly, so anything to even some of that out a bit makes me happy!

And those market pantry fruit snack boxes are so huge, so I'm excited to see how much extra room snack will have!

I'm SO happy fruit snacks are in grc3 now- our snack section was always overflowing but right now grc3 is pretty empty. Snack, beverage, and grc2 are deadly, so anything to even some of that out a bit makes me happy!

And those market pantry fruit snack boxes are so huge, so I'm excited to see how much extra room snack will have!
Good for you... Our GRC3 has only 7 sections of shelves and was already overflowing. SNCK has 21 sections, so we are leaving it as is for now.

We just found out last night that the applesauce is now going into SNCK ... and we usually have a ton of applesauce... so SNCK isn't getting any lighter. Blah.

We do not have room for grocery at all in my store now. SNCK and GRC1 are in the same valley and they both have 10 sections, then GRC2 and GRC3 having 10 in the same valley but we have so much GRC2 has so much stuff if has taken over most of the valley so we try to cram GRC3 in about 4 sections.

Even with the fruit snacks moving, we have no room in SNCK because of all the nutrition bars that have moved there.

It is a crazy battle trying to keep these sections neat and even though I try to train people how to do it properly most people don't give a crap.

Our team is a complete skeleton crew right now. Including myself, there are only 2 other dedicated Backroom TMs, and another 3 who split their time between Backroom and Pricing/SFS/Sales Floor etc. Plus I have limited weekend availability because of school. We have two new people, but they're still learning the ropes and have limited availability and one of them is split between SFS/Backroom. Our BRTL also had to go to overnight because one of our overnight ETLs got canned, so we're even further down the shitter.

Definitely nowhere near enough people for a high volume store like ours. We've been reduced to an opener from 8-4:30, a mid from 12-8:30, and a closer from 5-11. For comparison, we used to have our TL in from 6-2:30, an opener from 6:30-3:30, another opener from 8-4:30, a mid from 11-7:30, and a closer from 3:30-12. Nothing is getting done properly. All of our scores, except for maybe CAF Pull Timeliness, are red or at least yellow, and the only leader that really seems to care is our ETL-OPS and I imagine our BRTL, but I haven't run into him since he's been on overnight. Me and my team are doing our best to stay afloat, but there are definitely days where even treading water is simply impossible.

The only sign I've seen from leadership that things are getting better is that they are starting to give less attitude about taking care of SPUs during CAF times and maybe sending one extra person our way to help pull the 6 hour long CAFs. Other than that, most of them are almost entirely apathetic to our plight, instead preferring to sit on their phones gossiping in TSC or in their offices. It's completely inexcusable that we have so many ETLs yet none of them are willing to pick up a PDA and help keep backroom afloat. On most days, I would say that we have 5-6 ETLs in the building during peak CAF hours. One as LOD, and the rest are all working on their little projects or sitting in TSC doing nothing, when they could instead pick up a PDA and actually help scoot us along until we have enough to people to stop the never-ending downward spiral that is our backroom.

It almost seems like our Target is trying to phase out the Backroom. They drop the autofills in the evening and dropped our Backroom staffing to 2-3 people in the back pulling a one hour pull at 4AM. Then we essentially audit the backstock from Flow to try to keep stuff from going to the back, even flexing if we have to. Starting to get concerned for my hours and my job at Target since mine keeps hiring more people instead of letting me cross-train and we're getting less backstock both from the truck and from the floor.

Where are your stores? I'm BRTL and we get 360-390 a week for hours plus when instocks is done with task list and pushing they support the backroom. We're a 4 am store...am I missing something?

It almost seems like our Target is trying to phase out the Backroom. They drop the autofills in the evening and dropped our Backroom staffing to 2-3 people in the back pulling a one hour pull at 4AM. Then we essentially audit the backstock from Flow to try to keep stuff from going to the back, even flexing if we have to. Starting to get concerned for my hours and my job at Target since mine keeps hiring more people instead of letting me cross-train and we're getting less backstock both from the truck and from the floor.
That's bizarre and almost definitely specific to your store. Sounds like you have at least one Log TL/ETL who is experimenting with different processes.

Where are your stores? I'm BRTL and we get 360-390 a week for hours plus when instocks is done with task list and pushing they support the backroom. We're a 4 am store...am I missing something?
Jesus. We're a 6am and last I heard get in the mid 200s. Some weeks the TL has trouble using them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back