Archived The Break Room Webpage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh funny, "Yammer" is actually a Microsoft product name just like "SharePoint".

And yes, Red360 is what I was thinking of. That thing's still alive?!
Yep. It’s Microsoft Yammer, it’s not too bad for what it is once you filter through the nonsense.

Became ETL one day, disappeared the next.

HRZone was lured in to what he thought was a training seminar for new ETLs, only to realize too late that it was a trap.

"I'll ask you again," murmurs Potts menacingly as Cornell dangles our hero over a shark tank. "Do you post on 'The Break Room dot org'?"

HRZone looks down at the circling great whites with fear mounting inside him, but spits defiantly at his captors and whispers "Never heard of it."

"Wrong answer!" growls Potts. Cornell lowers the rope bringing HRZone to within a foot of the snapping jaws, and a shriek is heard as one of the sharks bites off our hero's foot. The water reddens and the sharks are driven into a frenzy.

"You don't have much longer," Cornell observes with a smirk. "Answer truthfully before it's too late."

"And if I tell you what you want to hear, you'll let me live?" our hero groans as his vision begins to fade.

Potts smiles grimly. "No, Mr. HRZone, I expect you to die."

I'd be curious, Formina, what percentage of the traffic to this site comes from a target.com visitor domain...

oh god. I would love to know what they think. Maybe this is why we get free hand sanitizer.

You get free hand sanitizer? We are currently 2 months without any because if we can order it when cant requisition it.

Has anyone ever mentioned "The Break Room" to any upper store level management or group or regional management? What did they say? Or did they talk to your STL and have your STL tell you that the "upper management" said that it was totally inappropriate to bring up the web site that I spoke of?

Or, maybe the better question is......has anyone ever spoken to way upper level management about "the team website by team members for team members?"

What did you say.....and what did the upper levels say to you?

A some weeks ago we had some high level Target visitors (5-6)...they were group leaders, a regional person, and someone else, but I'm not sure who they were. When they were leaving I stopped by the exit doors and mentioned that there's a great website by team members for team members. I said that the sight is full of lots of great things, very helpful and a wonderful source for information. I told them that it is a website well worth looking into and that they'd be impressed to see how it works. I did tell them that it was called "the break room."

I didn't get much response at that point of time. However a couple of weeks later I was with my STL and she told me that I was to be told that it was completely inappropriate for me to mention this website. When I asked her why it was inappropriate and should not have been brought up. She repeated herself and said that it was not the appropriate thing to say.

So, I'm just curious.....am I the only one to have mentioned this site to specific upper level Target leaders?

If I'm not the only one to talk......I'd appreciate feedback from anyone about their experiences.
Excuse me higher ups, but I just wanted to personally inform you that I violated the company’s social media policy! :)

I don't mention this site to anyone. If they find it on their own, good or bad for them. If not, Target is still gonna be operating. Just a good way to express ourselves and use our freedoms.

It’s called Yammer and supposedly it is rolling out to more work centers soon. HQ has a very large presence on the pages, so yes it’s quite G rated.

Yammer is SO much better than our old internally-built PM2GO / Inside TGT social spheres and communication tools. For one thing, it's nice to be able to actually find my old posts and receive notifications without relying on an iPad app that never works (looking at you, Social Sites! o_O) Plus, because HQ was forcing it down everyone's throats at launch, you can actually get answers and talk directly to people in Minnesota to solve problems quickly, instead of week-long email chains just trying to get to the right person. For Property Management, it is extremely valuable. I'm sure it will be very useful in its own ways for different work centers as it becomes more widely adopted.

From what I have heard, AP is going to be adopting it next, which makes sense since their teams are structured similarly to PM. AP field leaders have been on there for a while, but I haven't seen anyone lower than a BP so far. My TPS asked me about it just the other day, so they are definitely hearing something about it.

I am a very active Yammer user and spend a great deal of time asking questions and trying to contribute whenever I can spare the time. I have prior Yammer experience from another employer (former second job) so I was one of the first to set up a district PMT group for my peers, and helped a few of them learn how to use it. Our group is set to private and is very active. It has pretty much replaced our Facebook messenger group (for just about everything that wouldn't get us coached, at least :cool:). I am the sole Admin of our group, so when I received the invites from my PMBP and PMD I had to clean it up a bit and warn everyone on Facebook messenger before I added them. :p

Sorry to get off-topic, just figured I'd share a little more insight for those who are more curious about it. It sure beats Twitter! :D

Last edited:
As for this site, I have shared it with a couple of my fellow TLs and a few of my PMT peers. Both circles are a pretty tight group of people. It is a great source of moral support, and getting information when our ETLs and STLs act like some of this info is equivalent to nuclear launch codes.

My former PMBP actually showed it to me once. I think she was disappointed that there wasn't more PM content. I just acted surprised and disinterested, because there aren't that many PMTs on here and if she knew I was one of them it probably wouldn't be that hard to guess which one. :eek:

Yammer is SO much better than our old internally-built PM2GO / Inside TGT social spheres and communication tools. For one thing, it's nice to be able to actually find my old posts and receive notifications without relying on an iPad app that never works (looking at you, Social Sites! o_O) Plus, because HQ was forcing it down everyone's throats at launch, you can actually get answers and talk directly to people in Minnesota to solve problems quickly, instead of week-long email chains just trying to get to the right person. For Property Management, it is extremely valuable. I'm sure it will be very useful in its own ways for different work centers as it becomes more widely adopted.

From what I have heard, AP is going to be adopting it next, which makes sense since their teams are structured similarly to PM. AP field leaders have been on there for a while, but I haven't seen anyone lower than a BP so far. My TPS asked me about it just the other day, so they are definitely hearing something about it.

I am a very active Yammer user and spend a great deal of time asking questions and trying to contribute whenever I can spare the time. I have prior Yammer experience from another employer (former second job) so I was one of the first to set up a district PMT group for my peers, and helped a few of them learn how to use it. Our group is set to private and is very active. It has pretty much replaced our Facebook messenger group (for just about everything that wouldn't get us coached, at least :cool:). I am the sole Admin of our group, so when I received the invites from my PMBP and PMD I had to clean it up a bit and warn everyone on Facebook messenger before I added them. :p

Sorry to get off-topic, just figured I'd share a little more insight for those who are more curious about it. It sure beats Twitter! :D
I agree on your points, it just gets a little old seeing 10 posts in a row about work order app not working, when there’s a quick hit at the top about known bugs, or those chosen few guys who make patronizing comments on legitimate questions. I chalk it up to a lot of the older fellas not being very social media savvy.

I agree on your points, it just gets a little old seeing 10 posts in a row about work order app not working, when there’s a quick hit at the top about known bugs, or those chosen few guys who make patronizing comments on legitimate questions. I chalk it up to a lot of the older fellas not being very social media savvy.

Yep, I would have to say I completely agree with you on that! I definitely get tired of the repeat posts. If I see one more screenshot from WebCTRL I may smash my iPad... We know! It's not working! There's already multiple posts about this!

I know exactly what you mean with the patronizing posts, as well. I find myself skipping over comments by certain people because it seems like all they do is spend their time policing Yammer and just generally being a dick. :rolleyes:

So basically, it's exactly like Facebook! :D

I have seeded a few references to this website (and also the reddit page) to a few TMs at my store. Never said anything to TLs or above though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back