I'm Lost! The Call In/Sick/Late/NCNS/Attendance Thread

Hi, I have been with Target for 15 months I accidentally had two no calls no shows in a row. I had never had a NCNS before and it was a honest mistake on why I my the two shifts. I couldn't find my name on the schedule so I assume I didn't work that week. Am I on final warning and if I am what does final warning mean?

Hi, I have been with Target for 15 months I accidentally had two no calls no shows in a row. I had never had a NCNS before and it was a honest mistake on why I my the two shifts. I couldn't find my name on the schedule so I assume I didn't work that week. Am I on final warning and if I am what does final warning mean?
Talk to your tl or Etl about it.

I guess I would make sure that first off I'd make sure I was actually wasn't scheduled just so there wouldn't be any more NCNS.
Then I would go to the HR-ETL hat in hand and grovel a bit.
Say you are really, really sorry about making your scheduled days and you will never do it again.
Look I'm sure you've already apologized but right now they don't see you as being very reliable.
It might not be fair but that's the way it is.
Spot management tends not to look at what you've done for years but what's happened just this week or so.

Thanks. I did a lot of apologizing when my HR-ETL called me about this. I already went in to talk to my HR-ETL she never said that I was on final she just said that I can't have NCNS or call out or I could/would be terminated. When she called me about the second one(she didn't know about the first until I told her) she told me that I wasn't on CA. I would be very surprised if they did change schedule without notice as they are fairly honest people but then again the next week they scheduled me outside of my availability.

Does having someone cover your shift via the swap shift board count against you?

Ive been worried about my attendance lately :/ For the past 3 weeks I've had to miss a day one way or another. The first week I had to leave sick after only 1 hour, the second week I called out sick, and this past week I had someone cover my shift. :/

If someone agrees to cover your shift and IF its changed in the system then you are no longer responsible for it . Just make sure they change the swap shift in the system.

If someone agrees to cover your shift and IF its changed in the system then you are no longer responsible for it . Just make sure they change the swap shift in the system.

The shift was for Saturday, actually. I put my name on the swap shift board Monday, someone agreed to pick it up the same day, and I had an LOD sign off on it Thursday. So hopefully that was enough time? With the site being down I haven't been able to check to see if it was taken off my schedule...

I put my name on the swap shift for tomorrow (I have a funeral to attend) and after no one picked it up, I asked an ETL. He said he found someone but my schedule still shows me as working tomorrow. I hope it won't count as an NCNS when I don't show up tomorrow. I'm thinking about calling in tomorrow just to be safe.

Last edited:
If your schedule is still showing you as being scheduled then I would call in just to be on safe side. Just let them know that you did the swap shift but you are still showing in the schedule ( just to cover yourself). Let them know that you are attending a funeral.

UPDATE
I didn't get written up yet. Unfortunately it happen again but this time I caught Target scheduling behind my back because I had a photo of the schedule. What should I do this time?

I would suggest you to your hr/etl and explain to them the situation. Don't go in there and start off with you guys changed the schedule behind my back etc...because if you do that it puts them on the defensive and they are less likely to listen to what you are saying. I would go in there tell them you checked your schedule and you were not on there ask them if it was changed etc. Then if they say no tell them you do have a picture of it so you are confused. Then you can show them the picture etc.

I would suggest you to your hr/etl and explain to them the situation. Don't go in there and start off with you guys changed the schedule behind my back etc...because if you do that it puts them on the defensive and they are less likely to listen to what you are saying. I would go in there tell them you checked your schedule and you were not on there ask them if it was changed etc. Then if they say no tell them you do have a picture of it so you are confused. Then you can show them the picture etc.
Thanks

A couple days ago I got the stomach flu, and I'm slowly getting better, but I'm really low on energy and I'm still quite shaky so I was going to call off my four hour mid shift tomorrow.

I've never called off in being here for two years, so I was wondering what is the best way to word when you're calling off, should I be specific or just say I'm sick, any input would be appreciated!

Call ask for the LOD, and straight up say you don't feel good and you should be there for your next shift. And do it as soon as you can, if you know people are in the building at 4am call then, or 6am(times are examples), so they know and can plan around it or if miracles happen call someone to cover.

No one will give you crap, I always go by the "better to puke at home, then at work." And if you are still shaky get the rest, you don't have reserves yet..

Just call tomorrow and ask to speak to the LOD, and let them know you won't be able to make it in for your shift. You don't even have to tell them why, but your illness is a more than good enough reason not to work.

Like everyone else is saying just call and ask for the lod and tell them you are not feeling well and wont be able to make it in. Remember that you are calling them to let them know you are not coming ...you are not calling them to ask them permission not to come in. Hope you feel better soon!

Back