I'm Lost! The Call In/Sick/Late/NCNS/Attendance Thread

Might have been a bit of an exaggeration, but unless you only tend to work weekends, or the majority of your hours are on weekends, it is a bit suspicious that your call outs have all been on or near weekends. If you only work every other weekend, and have basically called out every other time you're scheduled on a weekend for the past few months, well. That gets noticed.

Might have been a bit of an exaggeration, but unless you only tend to work weekends, or the majority of your hours are on weekends, it is a bit suspicious that your call outs have all been on or near weekends. If you only work every other weekend, and have basically called out every other time you're scheduled on a weekend for the past few months, well. That gets noticed.

I work every weekend. Usually both Friday and Saturday or Saturday and Sunday if not all 3. Of course most of my call outs are weekends, that's when most of my shifts are.

Last edited:
Ah, ok. Well, 3 callouts in three months is kind of a lot, particularly if you only work 2-3 days a week.

2 months or so is usually how long it takes to term someone for attendance if your leadership is staying on it.

I would assume they'll be termed sooner or later, but if the store would have a hard time replacing them or if for some dumb reason they were told they can't replace flex fulfillment staff then they might consider a partial employee better than no employee.

Well yeah...but explain that it was against your availability. That way you won't be docked as a NCNS.

Yeah you do. Happened to me once, since no one would take it I was told to call out that day before the shift started.

Question, do I have to call out for a shift that's against my availability?
Happened to me three weeks in a row: scheduled on my unavailable days. I just ignored it ... They came to me later but I interrupted the conversation and explained it was contrary to my availability. "Oh, sorry about that, West! No problem, West! Error on our side, West! SO very very very Sorry, West! Totally 100% our issue, West! Are we good, West??!!??". Smiled and walked away. Of course in my region of the country we have local ordinances and laws regulating it so for them to say anything else would be "retaliation".

If you're not in an area such as that ... best to let your HR or ETL know ASAP you've been scheduled contrary to your availability so they can make changes.

Don't call out, talk to your ETL or HR as soon as you can, explain that shift is outside your availability and see if they can switch you to a time that will work. Unless your leaders are assholes they should be more than willing to do that rather than have you call in at the last minute.

all absences, including with dr notes, count against you unless you are on a leave (fmla, education, personal). no exceptions.
the only rules about enforcing attendance (via workbench) are that there are no rules, its up to the individual store.

don't call out. find someone to take your shift.

Not correct . If a team member calls in sick but he is using the sick hours ,it won’t go against his attendance.

I might call out once like every 3-4 months, no one seems to mind or bat an eye. I accidentally NCNS'd once back last November and I was told I was gonna get a write up to sign but that still hasn't happened, so idk if that's counted against me at all. I know it does but if I never signed anything and my GSTL never did... who knows.

That walk of shame I do coming into a shift that I put on branch purely for the reason that I didn’t feel like working it and since no one picked it up I still have to come in because I don’t have the balls to call out

I've called out a few times in the last 3 months. Mostly due to my Mom, she's dying, it slow, and painful. Hard to deal with. Occasionally I've been I'll, probably stress!. Can they fire me for this?

I've called out a few times in the last 3 months. Mostly due to my Mom, she's dying, it slow, and painful. Hard to deal with. Occasionally I've been I'll, probably stress!. Can they fire me for this?
Are you her primary caretaker?

I might call out once like every 3-4 months, no one seems to mind or bat an eye. I accidentally NCNS'd once back last November and I was told I was gonna get a write up to sign but that still hasn't happened, so idk if that's counted against me at all. I know it does but if I never signed anything and my GSTL never did... who knows.

So the NCNS will show up on your attendance record but you won't have a corrective on file since you didn't sign anything. Honestly they probably forgot to deliver it at the time. After a certain time they can't go back and deliver it. So count yourself lucky.

My condolences to you and your mom, first and foremost.

They can push to term you if they really wanted to. If you have doctor's notes then it would be harder but not impossible. You should seriously consider taking LOA so that you can focus on your mom without leaving your team short staffed.

So the NCNS will show up on your attendance record but you won't have a corrective on file since you didn't sign anything. Honestly they probably forgot to deliver it at the time. After a certain time they can't go back and deliver it. So count yourself lucky.
A TM doesn’t have to sign a CA , as long as it is delivered, a TM signature is not required for a CA to be enforced.

Yes they can fire you, they will give you enough rope for you to hang your self.

You should seriously consider taking LOA so that you can focus on your mom without leaving your team short staffed.

If @Waynesworld is the primary caretaker, then he would almost certainly qualify for FMLA. You don't have to take your 12 weeks all at once, you can take it intermittently by calling out whenever needed for your/whoever you are caring for needs that day unexpectedly off.

When is just a pdd attendance it will stay for 90 days after the conversation( meaning you can’t call out or be late for the next 90) then it goes away. When it’s CCA is 6 months, if you do it within the 6 months then goes to a year and possible termination.

Back