I'm Lost! The Call In/Sick/Late/NCNS/Attendance Thread

I’m late by about 2-4 minutes half my shifts and am on time the other half. Only on two occasions I was later than that but that was because of inclement weather, which my TL understood and was cool about. However my TL has talked to me about being late 3 times. The first time was to see what the issue was, the second time was to have my availability changed, and the third time was because I was still late by a couple minutes.

On top of that my schedule has been all over the place in and out of my availability. I requested the availability change a couple months ago and they were scheduling me 30 minutes out of my availability and at the previous clock in time, up until now, in which they recently are scheduling me the time I requested. So they have been very inconsistent on their end.

I have a strong sense my TL doesn’t particularly like me. He has threatened a CCA for this and two other separate things not related to this. All the other TL’s, ETL’s, and STL really like me. I have never NCNS, I always stay the minutes I was late for, I easily do 4x as much work as everyone on my team, I always come to work, I always stay late when asked or I offer to, I’m great with guests.

I realize I shouldn’t be late and it’s my responsibility to be on time. I was under the impression there was a 5 minute grace period. But I feel as though my TL is out to get me for some reason. How concerned should I be? How serious is this?

Any advice or criticism is appreciated.

The 5 minute grace period is just that. A grace period. If you’re late, you’re late. I wouldn’t make a habit out of using the grace period, unless you want less hours.

Quick question - have caught the Death Flu and had to call out on Friday. Still can't eat or function as of tonight and will have to call out for tomorrow's shift as well. In prior jobs, a "continued absence" like that counted as one incident - is that how it counts at Target, too, or am I basically getting one strike for every shift I call in? Thanks!

Quick question - have caught the Death Flu and had to call out on Friday. Still can't eat or function as of tonight and will have to call out for tomorrow's shift as well. In prior jobs, a "continued absence" like that counted as one incident - is that how it counts at Target, too, or am I basically getting one strike for every shift I call in? Thanks!

Really depends on your store, unfortunately, as they're allowed to set their own rules.
Mine does not take doctor's notes, and counts every absence the same. Basically, if you miss three shifts in three months, you go on a CCA, and if you miss more during that period, they move you to the next corrective level.
So, for my store, as long as you didn't have a single issue for the next couple months, it would be alright.

I was on self-checkout the other day and the opening human resources team member let the softlines lead know of at least three callouts for that day by walkie. The softlines lead was predictably aggravated and let the human resources team member know that she didn't want any more callouts for the rest of the day. Is Target allowed to deny any callouts like in the above situation?

I was on self-checkout the other day and the opening human resources team member let the softlines lead know of at least three callouts for that day by walkie. The softlines lead was predictably aggravated and let the human resources team member know that she didn't want any more callouts for the rest of the day. Is Target allowed to deny any callouts like in the above situation?
I mean they can’t force someone to come in?

In Alaska we have one rather unique reason for calling in late that will actually fly with the boss.
Moose.

53472612_2365736016780290_5359551283357286400_n.jpg

In Alaska we have one rather unique reason for calling in late that will actually fly with the boss.
Moose.

53472612_2365736016780290_5359551283357286400_n.jpg
They don't expect you to throw your lettuce and carrots out onto the steps as distraction and then avoid the stairs by jumping over the railing and getting in the car on the passenger side?

I mean they can’t force someone to come in?
That's true, but I've heard from posters here that team members who call out frequently receive fewer hours in future schedules. I can only speak for the front end at my store, but it seems like there is a call-out at least half the days that I am working and it really puts a strain on the team members who very rarely call-out. There is one specific front end team member at my store who calls out at least once a month and she is often scheduled to close, and it really puts the front end in a tough spot when she calls out because there are only 1 or 2 closing cashiers on a given night. On the other hand, Target doesn't want to schedule team members close to 40 hours for fear that they will hit overtime, so they have to try to evenly distribute the allocated hours, even to team members who call out. It's an unfortunate situation and I know my store isn't the only one dealing with this situation.

I've never called in sick before but had to under doctor's orders the other day. How do get my sick time to be paid out to me for that day? Is there a certain number of days I have to submit the request? It was yesterday (the last day of the last work week.)

I've never called in sick before but had to under doctor's orders the other day. How do get my sick time to be paid out to me for that day? Is there a certain number of days I have to submit the request? It was yesterday (the last day of the last work week.)

If your state offers sick time, I'd do it right away

Go on ehr & submit request under my time. There should be a form you need to fill out too, I think.

It really sucks that the people who call out on a limb or for literally anything ruin it for the ones who do show up, come to work, work hard, and have good reasons to call out. There's this cart attendant at my store and ever since he got hired last seasonal time, he's called out or NCNS'd so many times, but he's still not fired.

Then, there's me, I get a stomach bug monday night into tuesday and I call in and my team leader wants to write me up lol... AND THEN SHE GETS SICK WITH IT TWO DAYS LATER AND STAYS OUT FOR TWO DAYS ON A WEEKEND. I also heard she's writing up another TM in the Meat department for getting his shift covered by a TM that only works 15-20 hours a week. That sounds like bullshit so I don't know if it's true but if it is... that's bullshit lol.

It really sucks that the people who call out on a limb or for literally anything ruin it for the ones who do show up, come to work, work hard, and have good reasons to call out. There's this cart attendant at my store and ever since he got hired last seasonal time, he's called out or NCNS'd so many times, but he's still not fired.

Then, there's me, I get a stomach bug monday night into tuesday and I call in and my team leader wants to write me up lol... AND THEN SHE GETS SICK WITH IT TWO DAYS LATER AND STAYS OUT FOR TWO DAYS ON A WEEKEND. I also heard she's writing up another TM in the Meat department for getting his shift covered by a TM that only works 15-20 hours a week. That sounds like bullshit so I don't know if it's true but if it is... that's bullshit lol.

Someone is drinking tainted koolaid....

I can tell you with the new modernization role out and with $15 by 2020 we have been told to start coaching more often. If you never call out, that's crap to be written up for.

Someone is drinking tainted koolaid....

I can tell you with the new modernization role out and with $15 by 2020 we have been told to start coaching more often. If you never call out, that's crap to be written up for.

when I called out the two weeks ago it was my first time since December when I tore both calves in my leg and couldn't stand or walk, and then before December I have no idea how long it was but it was at least another two-three months.

Back