I'm Lost! The Call In/Sick/Late/NCNS/Attendance Thread

it's not a NCNS. you would have to not show up or not call within two hours after the start of your shift for it to count as that. And an NCNS and calling out or attendance issues are two separate things so you should be fine.

I was called one morning and asked why I wasn't at work yet - the schedule I had written down and the printed schedule in our TSC all said I was in later; I checked with my ETL, and someone had edited my schedule after it posted to have me in four hours earlier. I was never told, so I didn't show up on time. I asked around if this would be a no-call/no-show, but everyone so far has told me they're not sure.

The main reason I'm concerned is I have perfect attendance up until now, and I'm being trained for a promotion to team lead. I was told a while ago that a NCNS means 6 months without promotion. Anyone have knowledge on this issue?

Happens a lot at my store. You def. should not be considered a NCNS...If your schedule is changed by HR after it is posted you should have been contacted.

It wasn't really a NCNS unless someone is out to get you.
If there was a miscommunication about the schedule change it'll just slid right by.
If this was done on purpose because at some point you've pissed an ETL or STL off and they want you gone ...
Well there really isn't much you can do but just watch the schedule a whole lot closer.

Just be prepared, its going to happen a lot during the Holidays.

Scheduling errors happened to me about once a week for 3 months during a time when I had lacking in performance ETL-HR. Its annoying as hell when the LOD calls and starts yelling on why I wasn't at work. Then I calmly tell him the posted schedule has me off for the day. But I never go a Sorry.

Since I lived close to my store, I would drive over to confirm that I was right and put it back on the LOD. Then I made it a point to inform my STL that it was continuing issue, and I should not be penalized.

Usually the LOD or ETL-HR will note the missed shift as a scheduling error, or change the schedule to have me off. And the NCNS is supposed to be voided.

To me, how hard is it to print out a new schedule whenever its edited. I was always told off updated schedules at my other stores.

In my opinion if the posted schedule and the computer schedule are different, the TM needs to paid for the missed hours.

Hello everyone!

Today I woke up feeling very sick to my stomach and with a major headache. I called Target 2 hours early but the automatic message said the store was closed and stupid me hung up. 20 minutes before my shift I figured there had to be someone there now? So I called again, and while it still said it was closed I got on the line and HR picked up. I told her I wasn't feeling well and she handed the phone off to someone else who asked for my name and after telling him, he just said "I'll mark you down" and that was that. I'm still on my 90 days- but I called before my shift. That will still count as a NCNS though, right? Will I get fired? I've been working 8 hours everyday, will they take that into consideration? Or the fact that I'm on the Amazing moment wall, and have sold 4 red cards so far? I always come into work 15 minutes early- will any of this even matter? I'm just really worried about my job. :wacko2:

If you have to call during non-store hrs, hit the "0" during the announcement.
If you get the "sorry we're closed" message, hit "0" again & it will ring on the overhead. If there's any leadership in the store, they'll pick up.

Apparently when you're on your 90 days you can't call out. Which means the only way to get out of working when you're sick is to go in sick and get sent home or be psychic and know a week a head of time and swap shifts and get it approved.

Calling in during 90 day probationary period hurts you mostly. It's not that you're not allowed to, it just gives them an idea that it might become a habit if they keep you on. This is why a lot of 90 day TMs are let go.

Of course if it's something serious, exceptions are usually made..

Calling in during 90 day probationary period hurts you mostly. It's not that you're not allowed to, it just gives them an idea that it might become a habit if they keep you on. This is why a lot of 90 day TMs are let go.

At least I came back with a doctors note and didn't fake being sick. And it wasn't that I was yelled at that bugged me, it was being yelled at in the middle of the toys section while I was reshopping not in private.

At least I came back with a doctors note and didn't fake being sick. And it wasn't that I was yelled at that bugged me, it was being yelled at in the middle of the toys section while I was reshopping not in private.

The first rule of good management, in my book, is 'praise in public, criticize in private.'

I remember when I was still in my 90 days, my wife's grandmother had a terrible accident, so we went out to Colorado to see her...she died when we were on on our way. Long story short, a couple of days turned into almost two weeks. I was so worried I was going to lose my job, that I called my store almost every day to let them know what was going on. Luckily, they were very understanding about it.

It'll affect whether or not you're hired after seasonal employment is over but there is no use sweating about it now. I was hired after seasonal with a call off but then the seasonal employees the year after me were not hired because of call offs. It really just depends on your HR etl.

I did a NCNS on my 90. This was before they had the rule where stores couldn't call you seeing where you were. Remember I was at the uni library starting on a paper when the TL at the time called me in.

Don't understand why the no call rule went in effect. Makes no sense to me although I did get called one time when I was apparently in the system but not on the paper. Since it was their mistake, it wasn't considered a NCNS.

I did a NCNS on my 90. This was before they had the rule where stores couldn't call you seeing where you were. Remember I was at the uni library starting on a paper when the TL at the time called me in.

Don't understand why the no call rule went in effect. Makes no sense to me although I did get called one time when I was apparently in the system but not on the paper. Since it was their mistake, it wasn't considered a NCNS.

Makes perfect sense to me. Just imagine how much Target saves by ensuring TM are not called in, the savings in raises and terminated senior team members replaced by lower waged newbies. Ohhh, the profitability!

I had recently found out my grandfather passed away. I wasn't sure when the funeral was, but we had planned on leaving that Tuesday night (He passed on Monday night). I had called the LOD Tuesday morning to let them know I would be out of state for a funeral until the next Monday (this coming Monday). He said okay. I had asked if this would impact my seasonal employment and me staying on at all and he said "Not necessarily, it's just basically you not showing up." What exactly does that mean? I found out I'll be gone until next Thursday and haven't called yet, the funeral is on Wednesday, so i'll be missing 6 shifts total. Am I suppose to call in for every single one of those shifts or did calling in ahead of time cover them all? Do these count as Ncns then?

Sorry for your loss.I would just call your store and tell them your situation and you'll be back Thursday (or whenever). NCNS is literally what it sounds like: You not calling to tell them you'll be out and not showing up. So just make it VERY CLEAR when you'll be back and you'll be okay on that aspect. As for effecting your employment after the season, I don't know. Do your best, show up, work hard, vibe,etc. I would hope they wouldn't count a funeral against you. But it is Target. Welcome to the Breakroom.

Here's the thing too, I had a trip planned in January from the 6th to the 13th that I can't back out of. This current trip was unexpected. It will still be within my 90 days, and I don't have an option on my eHR for time off. Are they going to fire me?

Back