Logistics The Flow/Inbound thread: Until We Yeet Again edition 🤙

We currently have two rolled trucks in the back room with another truck coming tomorrow. You can barely get a person, let alone a tub, flat, pallet, or three tier through most portions of receiving and the backroom. Need something on a U boat? Good luck getting that merch out to the floor for it to sell. Flow’s hurting for people, we’re pulling from other stores just to keep up, and anyone from non-flow workcenters that knows how the process works is being scheduled as flow just so we can try to get the line clean, if nothing else. We had multiple pallets in the fire tunnel despite the mantra of “nothing in the fire tunnel” because the LODs got complaints from guests when pallets were on the floor.

When the building catches fire, watch those bitches burn trying to crawl over them to the exit.

We currently have two rolled trucks in the back room with another truck coming tomorrow. You can barely get a person, let alone a tub, flat, pallet, or three tier through most portions of receiving and the backroom. Need something on a U boat? Good luck getting that merch out to the floor for it to sell. Flow’s hurting for people, we’re pulling from other stores just to keep up, and anyone from non-flow workcenters that knows how the process works is being scheduled as flow just so we can try to get the line clean, if nothing else. We had multiple pallets in the fire tunnel despite the mantra of “nothing in the fire tunnel” because the LODs got complaints from guests when pallets were on the floor.

L9N1V93.jpg

How many trucks are going to roll until we don't even know how many behind we are?

Also, what is zoning?

If I didn't get a discount, I probably wouldn't shop at my store.

My store has the worst zone of any Target I've been to. Literally the only time we zone at all is right before a visit. It's coming back when we go E2E apparently.

Oddly enough the unload went a little better than we expected it to be. But I walk in to see new custom blocks changed and set up in front and being the line.
It got really crowded once our "vehicles" were filled. But here's the best part: we don't have all the u boats needed.
So we are using what we have.

My store has the worst zone of any Target I've been to. Literally the only time we zone at all is right before a visit. It's coming back when we go E2E apparently.
Ours went away when we went e2e. It's because they are not hiring people and want one person to do the work of 3+. It doesn't work that way.

@tmap98 happen to know if/when truck scanning is getting moved to the Zebras? If it's been posted somewhere before my appy lolly loggies in advance.

My store's scanning accuracy is apparently the highest in the district but it's not as high as it could be because the gun likes to freak out and reboot suddenly in the middle of the unload. The ETL-LOG has been testing a new process he cooked up by scanning stuff as it's unloaded in myWork and separating out NOLO transition onto its own pallets, but the Zebras are going to have to get way less laggy very soon if scanning with them is to be viable at all (the front of the line is a WLAN dead zone) lol

Ours went away when we went e2e. It's because they are not hiring people and want one person to do the work of 3+. It doesn't work that way.

Weird. When we were E2E I was in charge of PAPR and that was my only assigned zone. I usually had time to zone because the backroom had too much Q4 shit in the way for me to backstock, so I would ditch the backstock on the back wall of seasonal and zone paper until they sent me home lol.

Hey y’all. I’m new to the forum but I’ve been a flow/consumables team member for almost a year. I’m usually at the front of the line doing plastics (which ends up being 9-12 pallets a day) and keeping the line going for the rest of the crew. Our store runs a 5-130 shift for flow and our trucks average 2,200 six days a week. FDC averages 400 just 2 days a week since we don’t have a big grocery department. Anyway, just wanted to say hello!

@tmap98 happen to know if/when truck scanning is getting moved to the Zebras? If it's been posted somewhere before my appy lolly loggies in advance.

Zebras are going to have to get way less laggy very soon if scanning with them is to be viable at all (the front of the line is a WLAN dead zone) lol

Do what my store did, call and mysupport network issues weekly for a few months and they will move one of the access points, or add a new one, right next to the truck. It's literally only useful there during the unload process, but boy is it useful there during the unload process.

Do what my store did, call and mysupport network issues weekly for a few months and they will move one of the access points, or add a new one, right next to the truck. It's literally only useful there during the unload process, but boy is it useful there during the unload process.

How many calls would it take to get them to send us 50 new ones, you think? It would also help if they would put us on an actual enterprise connection instead of a 300 baud accoustic modem they found at a flea market

@can't touch this MySupport every 3 days for 2 months straight. Or as CSC told me to do once, just tell them one is broken on the floor and the wire is hanging from the ceiling and they will send a tech out.

@tmap98 I think they were trying to get most stores onto Verizon fiber, but to my knowledge they haven't updated the server racks and trying to explain that you have a minimum of 40 devices in a 50 square foot area for Q4 just seems to confuse Low Voltage. I don't know why, they can look at load reports from the servers from that time.

Last edited:
Is this Verizon fiber like the enterprise version of FIOS or something different? FIOS isn't available in my city yet so I don't know what we're using

It really should not be that difficult to get things fixed.

uhh supposedly we’re doing “push all” tomorrow w/o scanning

reeeeeee. Mellow status: harshed

uhh supposedly we’re doing “push all” tomorrow w/o scanning

reeeeeee. Mellow status: harshed
All stores unload process will be switching to push alls from what I have heard. It's a part of the "Optomization" process FLOW will be undertaking as a companion to Modernization. Push alls with an high degree of sorting, namely using U-boats for almost everything on the line. The idea being to sort down to the aisle. Best part is they are starting the initiative before stores have actually received the boats. It's just about as much of a nightmare as it sounds. Maybe if my store didnt lose every single other person with experience that isnt old enough to be my grandma over the past year, it could have been done. But as others are saying my team is being padded out by sales floor members and is full of newbies. Even worse Flex team is in dire need of help so anyone on Flow that is cross trained has been exclusively Flex the past two weeks. Thankfully my ETLs and TLs are VERY hands on. But areas like infants and the repack carts are almost exclusively being done by salesfloor team members at this point. And zoning is suffering.

Back