Logistics The Flow/Inbound thread: Until We Yeet Again edition 🤙

My store was a tester in the district to get this new unload process. It's been a few weeks since its started. We are getting the hang of it. Just waiting for the U-boats and other needed vehicles in place of the pallets. Pretty much all departments use a flat to push from while stocking the shelves. The pallets we are using are for domestics, infant furniture and to use in place of the U-boat. The repack we open, put in their custom block or sort them on the line. The woman who does our repacks, sorts them into smart carts. My STL and other ppl are going to tweak the back room again for more space due to the remodel that we are getting in September. And yes if your store is unrolling this process, your back room will change in some ways.
Good luck!

And yes if your store is unrolling this process, your back room will change in some ways.

Some ways? Thats like saying that the Health Ledgers Joker actually planned to spend the money he got.

NO. it will radically change.

PMT tore up and took down the light duty steel and bulk steel in the backroom that was the seasonal aisles just to make room for re-pack breakouts for softlines. Receiving looks like its in the middle of a war! Being told this will help with Black Friday Prep as well...I'm just trying to get through the week. I can't and don't want to think about Black Friday! And we are supposedly the pilot store for the district...:rolleyes:

PMT tore up and took down the light duty steel and bulk steel in the backroom that was the seasonal aisles just to make room for re-pack breakouts for softlines. Receiving looks like its in the middle of a war! Being told this will help with Black Friday Prep as well...I'm just trying to get through the week. I can't and don't want to think about Black Friday! And we are supposedly the pilot store for the district...:rolleyes:
Yeah this is consistent.

And Jenna, if you had info that region VP, His/her boss Group TL, DTL and all the stls of your district coming in to watch your unload, how fast would those carts be emptied?

Since candy corn is here to stay

So is
39085290_2091026880931907_8873590480089120768_n.jpg

Yeah this is consistent.

And Jenna, if you had info that region VP, His/her boss Group TL, DTL and all the stls of your district coming in to watch your unload, how fast would those carts be emptied?

I am talking long term solutions. Not a one day band-aid of over spending on hours to prep for a visit (and subsequent slashing of hours over the next few days.)

For some reason, our ETL-LOG usually balks at the idea of sending flow team to attack repacks after the case stock is pushed, I'm guessing because he sees most of them as a waste of payroll.
Wow, at my store, flow is who you want pushing those repacks because floor staff just sort of puts a lot of it anywhere it fits, sometimes not even bothering to remove the plastic wrap from a 6-pack of Tylenol boxes. Although then they do manage to put that 6-pack in the right place on the shelf - go figure. Of course, with the new unload process starting soon, that may be changing. I'm expecting a mess, but might be pleasantly surprised!

Wow, at my store, flow is who you want pushing those repacks because floor staff just sort of puts a lot of it anywhere it fits, sometimes not even bothering to remove the plastic wrap from a 6-pack of Tylenol boxes. Although then they do manage to put that 6-pack in the right place on the shelf - go figure. Of course, with the new unload process starting soon, that may be changing. I'm expecting a mess, but might be pleasantly surprised!
I guess depends on training because the store I'm at, it's the flow team that pushes to the wrong location and leaves the 6-pack Tylenol intact on the shelf. I get that we all can't have devices to help the push correctly but there are so many ways to push without equipment. I was taught to read the label/UPC/DPCI which if I were to ask the newbies they wouldn't have a clue (possibly even some not new). They seem to only know how to visually push. What I mean by this is if the package looks similar then that's where they push it. Flow isn't the only one that does this, salesfloor too. I wish we would go back to basics and teach Class 101 (common sense) on working retail.

Okay, this process done correctly has fixed Target. But really any other way of working product (maybe except metered unload) truck to shelf works with a great team.

Having said that, I was an etl log and then deployed 2 years ago and came back to target 3 months ago and for my position in particular it’s amazing. Janna came to our store and she was suprised, region 300 has already had it rolled out for over 18 months so I didn’t have to do anything I just walked into a store with tm’s actually accountable for aisles and tl’s Who were watching over them! Where did my job go!? My store currently does a hybrid of modernization with old school logistics and we get it done. It has completely remodeled cosmetics and soft lines into some real money makers although the rest of the store suffer a tad for it. Money-wise it makes sense.

You must have a good team regardless of the way spot wants it done.

That’s the bottom line.

Tubs are going away.
I was so happy that my store got permission to keep a couple tubs since the flats don't fit inside our OPU closet and we sometimes need to leave items on vehicles inside that area, and "can't" use guest carts (we don't have space for BR hold locations, and if it's furniture as a drive up, can't really put it back there anyway).

12 trucks plus 7 FDC trucks this upcoming week. No where to put the cardboard one bailer is not enough The guy puts 10 rods in for 1 bail 20 minutes later.

We are pushing out our start date to first week of September. We have a scheduled double week after next. Our leaders are not feeling confident enough for a new process and a double. Eventually they won't have that choice.

We are pushing out our start date to first week of September. We have a scheduled double week after next. Our leaders are not feeling confident enough for a new process and a double. Eventually they won't have that choice.
I do believe that this holiday season is going to be a real shit show but on the positive note. Stores well have to give flow all the hours they want because they wont have a choice seeing how all the u boats well have to be empty before the next truck unload starts or there won't be enought to finish unloading the truck. Seeing how there throwing out all of our pallets expect some wooden ones for bails.

I do believe that this holiday season is going to be a real shit show but on the positive note. Stores well have to give flow all the hours they want because they wont have a choice seeing how all the u boats well have to be empty before the next truck unload starts or there won't be enought to finish unloading the truck. Seeing how there throwing out all of our pallets expect some wooden ones for bails.

There is no way this isn't going to suck 4th qtr when taking trucks everyday. I am 7 years in, always flow, and I'm scared, lol.

They started to use my fdc pallets for gm truck push. What I thought they were for food only not chemical spills.

I have a feeling the stores well be losing a lot of people this year
Especially if they stick to the short flow shifts because if there a chance you could be randomly placed in 4am , 5am and 7am starts then it well be impossible for the team to have second jobs and even if they love target you still have bills to pay.
Im honestly hoping that it ends so badly that it hurts the company enough in a few years that they go back to the old ways of doing it.
I love the company but sometimes they need some tough love and if they stores get hurt enough then its going to piss of the investors. But know target there going to run with this until it really hurts are reputation because guests like the store to be fully stocked and nobody blocking there way when there trying to shop

Back