Logistics The Flow/Inbound thread: Until We Yeet Again edition 🤙

Well, yes, this is how it's "supposed" to work. Except that's not real life. I've been told on some shifts by my TL to just keep pushing and someone else will do the back stock. (Which is sort of a bummer to me because I actually like back stocking. But oh well.)
And hard lines ETL told the Beauty TMs to leave their back stock because they're supposed to be out on the floor selling product.

You’re right that is how it’s supposed to work. And that’s honestly about the only way for it to really work. That can be real life if your Exec and TLs or leads and leaders whatever would just get with the program. It’s really easy for them to say it doesn’t work when they aren’t really even trying to do it and just immediately go back to the old way as soon as things get rough. But clearly the old way doesn’t work anymore either.

Again, I feel that there is a lot wrong with the implementation if modernization (most of all that Target really needs to invest payroll into a dedicated training bank so you can truly train your team), but the streamlining and total ownership of small sections makes a lot of sense. Stores just have no clue how to actually implement it and either give up too soon or never really try and whine about how it’s never going to work. I know that firsthand bc we never thought it would work at first but we committed to making it happen.

But also I’m not with Target anymore so feel free to completely ignore my point of view! I haven’t been there in several months so I don’t know what the situation is like on the ground anymore.

Back in the day we finished clean. Every truck. With all the teams. Corporate has thrown that under the bus. Get out. It’s a sinking ship. If stores need storage containers it’s quadruple handling no money saved. Get out before the true stupidity starts.

Last edited:
Where are all these guest going to park during Q4 with all the storage containers taking up 40 parking spaces. 40 less guest per hour.next they will ask us to park across the street and walk a mile to work.

And don’t forget that 100 to 200 new team members driving to your store to work now More parking gone.

Last edited:
How do you backstock without a Zebra? Spoiler alert: you don't.
Ahhh, Yes you can. First you scan the upc on the sticker if a full case or the upc on the product for singles then the back room location you want to stow it. The zebra will then ask how many do you want to stow (backstock) type in the number and enter it. Thats all there is to it. Much easier than using a pda.

Ahhh, Yes you can. First you scan the upc on the sticker if a full case or the upc on the product for singles then the back room location you want to stow it. The zebra will then ask how many do you want to stow (backstock) type in the number and enter it. Thats all there is to it. Much easier than using a pda.
He wrote WITHOUT a Zebra, not with.

PDA's until they pull it out of cold dead hand. or they out right kill them.
Well we just got My Work 2.0 and it says that you can't backstock with the PDA otherwise there will be errors. Can anyone attest to this? I personally haven't tested this out so anyone who has please share. My store is so brand new to 2.0 so no one knows. 2.0 just showed up unannounced...🙄

Well we just got My Work 2.0 and it says that you can't backstock with the PDA otherwise there will be errors. Can anyone attest to this? I personally haven't tested this out so anyone who has please share. My store is so brand new to 2.0 so no one knows. 2.0 just showed up unannounced...🙄

We also just got the update and it caused some issues with receiving and backroom because the apps changed or something

The pda will let you stow , however if you scan the item in my work with zebra it says it has no location in the back. So the two systems don’t correspond with each other . So might as well leave the pda alone. Pretty much everything is in the zebra . Including printing backroom locations and all.

The pda will let you stow , however if you scan the item in my work with zebra it says it has no location in the back. So the two systems don’t correspond with each other . So might as well leave the pda alone. Pretty much everything is in the zebra . Including printing backroom locations and all.
Do you have the rolls of paper to print backroom locations? I would like to know the number to order in SAP.

Correct. You are not meant to STO on the PDA if your store now has myWork2. It will lead to many ghosts and baffles

asants but I checked that little bit out. I STO'd with the PDA and double checked it right after with the ZEBRA and it showed as being in location that I had just backstocked it in.

But also I’m not with Target anymore so feel free to completely ignore my point of view! I haven’t been there in several months so I don’t know what the situation is like on the ground anymore.
Yeah, funny how with the passage of time we tend to forget the bad parts. Sorry, but I'm glad you "confessed" that you're not even at Spot anymore. I'd been thinking that either your store was perfect or you were delusional. I'm on the ground NOW - on the line with the new unload process, pushing product on the floor with the u-boats that don't hold my trash adequately, trying to maneuver in a crowded stock room because too many people leave their vehicles of back stock. Life with modernization is just peachy!

Back