Logistics The Flow/Inbound thread: Until We Yeet Again edition šŸ¤™

Rolling 2 trucks of pharmacy and Hba repacks, about 20 total. Had call offs both days. But can we replace those hours?? Of course not silly. It seems a really bad business plan to not push product people want to buy, but instead have it sitting in the backroom. If it all comes not pushing product versus saving hours, then I have the ultimate answer .... close down your business. Wouldn't that be the ultimate hour saver? Think of all the product that wouldn't need to be pushed.

I couldn't be an ETL cause I'd get fired for talking back. Instead of stressing their employees out they need to tell our overlords, "These time frames only work on paper." I ain't even trying at this point. If they fired me I'd probably laugh my way right out the door with the amount of hours I'm getting.

At this point Target is a disposable side hustle for me šŸ˜‚

Rolling 2 trucks of pharmacy and Hba repacks, about 20 total. Had call offs both days. But can we replace those hours?? Of course not silly. It seems a really bad business plan to not push product people want to buy, but instead have it sitting in the backroom. If it all comes not pushing product versus saving hours, then I have the ultimate answer .... close down your business. Wouldn't that be the ultimate hour saver? Think of all the product that wouldn't need to be pushed.
This is what blows my mind the most! The product that isn't getting pushed is worth more than paying a dozen TMs an extra $200 each to stay over the course of a week. I get it--what do we know? We're just the grunts, but even to my unsophisticated mind, all of this seems like a major waste of money.

My store is a glorified dumping ground lol

Guys looks like the company finally did it they got rid of the entire logistics department. Now i dont see any of my friends because everyone in there own little world working and unload has to go home at 8:30 no exceptions because DBOs get priority on hours even though they never push anything and they almost always roll over all the push from the truck making it a nightmare to unload trucks in the morning
What time do guys start the truck? 4am?

walnut brain: 6 am
big brain: 4 am
galaxy brain: 12 am
hyperdimensional cognitive-singularity brain: 10 pm

12 AM would be such an ideal start time for me. No guests wanting hands held to every little item in the store, no having to stop every 3 seconds because a guest needs something you're in front of, etc...

I mean, we need guests but it's tough to DO anything with them there.

12 AM would be such an ideal start time for me. No guests wanting hands held to every little item in the store, no having to stop every 3 seconds because a guest needs something you're in front of, etc...

Imagine a surgeon doing an.operation with the whole family and all the friends in the operating room. Lol

I told my ETL the other day during the unload 'this would be a whole lot easier if we went back to overnights.' The response I got was 'this is the way the process is now. If you don't like it find another job.' 5 minutes later on our 15 I submitted my voluntary resignation. Sinc then, a week ago, I know of at least 10 others who have either submitted their resignations or plan on doing so as soon as they have other jobs lined up.

Corporate doesn't want to pay the shift differential. Costs too much money to pay employees that extra 50 cents per hour.

Corporate doesn't want to pay the shift differential. Costs too much money to pay employees that extra 50 cents per hour.

Even if we had 5 or 6 people whose only job was to unload and push at 12am we could come clean by opening. Once the store opens have another couple TMs backstock and then have the DBOs do all their other responsibilities, zoning, signing, pulls. The majority of the stocking though, the truck freight, needs to be done without guests on the floor. Especially with BTS coming up soon. We have running out of vehicles mid unload and have to stop, push freight to get empty uboats, then resume the unload. Only problem is that we're only scheduled for 4 hours so we usually punch out before resuming the unload. Apparently some of the DBOs finish it up during the day.

Even if we had 5 or 6 people whose only job was to unload and push at 12am we could come clean by opening. Once the store opens have another couple TMs backstock and then have the DBOs do all their other responsibilities, zoning, signing, pulls. The majority of the stocking though, the truck freight, needs to be done without guests on the floor. Especially with BTS coming up soon. We have running out of vehicles mid unload and have to stop, push freight to get empty uboats, then resume the unload. Only problem is that we're only scheduled for 4 hours so we usually punch out before resuming the unload. Apparently some of the DBOs finish it up during the day.
This was also their way to get the most coverage of team members on the sales floor to help with guests first. I see both sides but for now this is the way it is. It's sad but true. This is no longer the Spot people have grown up with and know. This is the new Spot!

This was also their way to get the most coverage of team members on the sales floor to help with guests first. I see both sides but for now this is the way it is. It's sad but true. This is no longer the Spot people have grown up with and know. This is the new Spot!

I can understand them not wanting a full 25 member flow team but just 5 or 6 to get the truck pushed would make a huge difference. I was told that 'this is the way it is now, if you don't like it get out.' My last day is this week.

I've been w Target for years and have seen lots of failed ideas. Nothing as major as this though. Changing the time the truck is unloaded, on top of expecting all TMs to be experts in all areas is what do Target in.

We used to have a guy who was hired on flow to just stock shelves. He was terrible at it. Our TL wanted to fire him but decided to see how he'd do in the backroom. He thrived at it, became our 'backroom captain' and was next in line to be a TL. Once we started having to super sort he found a better position elsewhere. The point being not everyone is going to be great at everything. I love to push shelves but I hate doing pulls and backstocking. Our backroom team is great back there but hates stocking. Things were great and still could be with dedicated teams doing a specific task while the store is open. Expecting everyone to be an expert at all functions is going to blow up though.

Not to pinpoint exactly where you are but East Coast? Mid East? Mid West? West Coast?

We got a $1 more. When it was told we were going to 6am, and thus losing the differential, we were assured by HR our pay would be raised by the $1 to compensate for it. It never happened. What did happen though is our hours were reduced. About the same time people's weeks went from 30-40 to 8-16.

I can understand them not wanting a full 25 member flow team but just 5 or 6 to get the truck pushed would make a huge difference. I was told that 'this is the way it is now, if you don't like it get out.' My last day is this week.

I've been w Target for years and have seen lots of failed ideas. Nothing as major as this though. Changing the time the truck is unloaded, on top of expecting all TMs to be experts in all areas is what do Target in.

We used to have a guy who was hired on flow to just stock shelves. He was terrible at it. Our TL wanted to fire him but decided to see how he'd do in the backroom. He thrived at it, became our 'backroom captain' and was next in line to be a TL. Once we started having to super sort he found a better position elsewhere. The point being not everyone is going to be great at everything. I love to push shelves but I hate doing pulls and backstocking. Our backroom team is great back there but hates stocking. Things were great and still could be with dedicated teams doing a specific task while the store is open. Expecting everyone to be an expert at all functions is going to blow up though.
I am in total agreement with you! I feel they all want us to be like cookie cutter houses. Everyone is expected to do the same thing at the same pace. What ever happened to DIVERSITY?! IMO I guess Target is no longer a diverse company. The only reason it was working was because we all brought strengths and weaknesses to the plate. Whatever I wasn't good at, someone else was and vice versa. We balanced each other out. WE MADE IT WORK! Well this is now a thing of the past. So if I'm a DBO of my area, I can pass the buck to another DBO if a guest needs help in am area that's not mine? I feel it's only fair, no?!

We got a $1 more. When it was told we were going to 6am, and thus losing the differential, we were assured by HR our pay would be raised by the $1 to compensate for it. It never happened. What did happen though is our hours were reduced. About the same time people's weeks went from 30-40 to 8-16.

I am shocked ..... shocked I tell you ..... that you were lied to.

Back