Logistics The Flow/Inbound thread: Until We Yeet Again edition 🤙

I was going to say "Far enough north that I get called a yankee" but that was too long
🤷🏾‍♀️ I'm not southern enough to use that term or to even tell you where that would be. I can tell you it's too far north for me when I have to experience all 4 seasons instead of 2.5.

I remember my early days of just being a stocker inbound pp1 hardlines pp2 consumables Dry and frozen/dairy clueless about everything I was in fact great at it but told my etl log that anything is fine then he decides to try putting me in backroom being a keys holder since you know can’t be there without one also excel at it think of saving time organizing smarter than faster. Q4 came leadership asked me to lead Flex okay in my head simply fulfill orders.. Became a god at it as well and loves it with a passion. Metrics became a thing i liked the challenge. Leadership wants me to go help Food & Beverage since they really need it and every single tm quit plus it’s hard for them to find ppl it seems to replace. I declined of course I would like to help them like before but it’s not the same anymore they’re not getting treated with respect from corporate every team member will be the same paygrade. I asked my ETL HR if I would be getting the specialty differential from others If I went to Food they told me nope.

While on the line today I saw an unusually high number of case packs that were sent to the wrong store. Most of the products we dont even sell. Guess they'll be sitting in the backroom for who knows how long

Has anyone else received a ton Cottonelle or Scott toilet paper that doesn't have a shelf location recently? I think the pick label says it's in an upcoming ad. If you have received it, what have you done with it? It's WAY to much to back stock so my TL told me to flex it out next to a similar item, as long as the similar item is not at a lower price point. Thanks to TBR threads, I decided to make a store tie to show the location just so we can find it later if we get more or if there is a OPU/SFS order.

We also got sent an entire national forest's worth of PAPR and just flexed the fuck out of it after turning over all the labels. The new pog that this all goes to set today at my store and guess who got a 5:30-1:30 pog shift to set it. I've been waiting for this reset forever because our PAPR pogs have been fucked up for over a year now ... finally I can get all this money losing product out!!!!

Has anyone else received a ton Cottonelle or Scott toilet paper that doesn't have a shelf location recently? I think the pick label says it's in an upcoming ad. If you have received it, what have you done with it? It's WAY to much to back stock so my TL told me to flex it out next to a similar item, as long as the similar item is not at a lower price point. Thanks to TBR threads, I decided to make a store tie to show the location just so we can find it later if we get more or if there is a OPU/SFS order.
Yeah, paper is resetting at our store, this week.

Anyone else feel like there being used by the general merchandise team now because i notice a trend of them not pushing there part of the truck so were forced to bowl it out and push it for them because we need there vehicles and when were done and finaly start unloading and were half way done and it just so happened to hit 8am sharp and boom we hear are STL over the radio saying all inbound team has to go home now.
And my TL asked if we can stay to are 5th to finish the truck and she said no and that according to district inbound is only supposed to be scheduled 4hrs and not a min more so now are bulk runner,receiver and TL gets to unload and sort the rest of the truck by themselfs because h there scheduled full days

Holy fuck are the leads at some stores really that useless? My store still pays zero attention to corporate's ridiculous splitting of the inbound/DBO roles and has each of us doing both. My owned areas were just made official today, but they have me really spread out rather weirdly over several priority 1 areas, which I'm guessing is because they know I'm not going to call out on a 2600 Thursday. And guess what it says under my name on the grid? "Inbound 6:00AM - 2:30PM"

I mean my leaders could always ignore corp even more but they're on the right track at least. Do we want to follow the ops model to the T or do we want to get done and get sales? Choose 1 and only 1, m8

Inbound at my store has been getting pushed out the door, mostly, at our scheduled out times the last couple of weeks, but we unload the truck until it's unloaded. Once the line is cleaned up, we start push in our areas, and leave what we don't finish for GM.
Hoping that once we're converted to the DBO plan, my area will be done by the same 3 people all the time (maybe? probably?) which I hope means I won't be finding weird stuff all the time anymore. Having it finished up by whoever is available isn't too great.

Man its sad now that inbound is basically the redheaded step child now and entirely made up of old flow.
Seeing those tms that used to be energetic and talkative and are all friends to now were they never get hours and have insane unload expectations and the only sound you hear in receiving when there back there is the sound of the rollers and its even quieter now that the store took away the music radio they were using for awhile.
We had a a visit recently and basically the STL threw inbound under the bus blaming there sorting for why nothing was getting pushed and how they aren't doing there share of the workload

Today's truck featured a paper PIPO stacked on top of an uneven pet food PIPO. Needless to say, the paper one was half way tilted over and leaning on top of boxes

Back