Archived The Handicap Stall Conundrum

Status
Not open for further replies.

themusicalfruit

No, I'm not open. I get paid to stand here.
So, for however long I've been shopping at my Target, the handicap stall door has been broken in one of our bathrooms. The latch doesn't stay in place, and if someone slams the neighboring stall door, the handicap stall door opens up. This is a huge invasion of privacy and a source of humiliation for people who need to use this stall. As a woman, I just can't stand to see this be an issue anymore.

I'm sure this problem has been reported on numerous occasions by guests, but no change has occurred. As an employee, would it be appropriate for me to go directly to my STL to let him know about this problem? I don't know what I can do to make it clear that this is just wrong. And it makes me so upset to see people struggling to get privacy while they relieve themselves at the store.

Try putting in a workorder for it, or ask someone to put one in. Some things remain broken for months or years just because no one actually tells the PMT to fix it.

Also, just know that something like this 1) likely isn't going to be a priority for them and 2) might take up to a couple months to get the correct part ordered. Seriously, I've seen certain things take months to come in.

How do you know that people have complained about it before? You just said yourself that it's been like that for a long time and implied that you haven't said anything about it yet.

Put in a work order or tell the PMT. He/she will take a look at it and get it fixed.

How do you know that people have complained about it before? You just said yourself that it's been like that for a long time and implied that you haven't said anything about it yet.

Put in a work order or tell the PMT. He/she will take a look at it and get it fixed.

I've listened to guests complain to our LOD or GSTL on multiple occasions. No idea if a work order has been placed or not.
Part of me thinks there is a problem with the piece of the stall that holds the latch in place and it would mean replacing more than just the door. Probably don't want to improve the entire stall setup just for one stall

Doesn't really matter if it's just a part or the entire stall. The PMT should be able to fix it. It's their job. Seriously just talk to the PMT. They can probably give you an explanation why it hasn't been fixed. But I have a feeling they don't even know. Communication isn't always the best at Target.

I've listened to guests complain to our LOD or GSTL on multiple occasions. No idea if a work order has been placed or not.
Part of me thinks there is a problem with the piece of the stall that holds the latch in place and it would mean replacing more than just the door. Probably don't want to improve the entire stall setup just for one stall

Its not their responsibility. believe it or not its not your stls either. The PMTs primary job is to fix issues like the one you mentioned. infact they get paid good money for it

If they stall (pun intended) on fixing it, go to the sewing notions aisle & requisition some peel & stick velcro to rig a temporary latch.

Just wait until a woman in a wheelchair or with any kind of disability who needs to use that stall fires off a seriously pissed off email to Spot.
You can bet that latch will be fixed within the hour.

It's kind of sad that it would take something like that to get it done.
Thinking ahead and making peoples comfort a priority seems like what Target was all about.

Here is a temporary fix.

hAQkYUq.jpg

Like, I don't understand how this has been a problem for YEARS. A few weeks ago the handle for the door broke off and they fixed that but not the door. wtf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back