Archived The local Walmart store is getting tile replaced with concrete flooring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The local Walmart store is getting a remodel and getting the tile replaced with concrete flooring. I'm glad my Target store is keeping the tile. Concrete floors are harder on the feet.

The local Walmart store is getting a remodel and getting the tile replaced with concrete flooring. I'm glad my Target store is keeping the tile. Concrete floors are harder on the feet.
Like @Tessa120 said. How is 1/8" tile any better than concrete? The tile has no impact absorption and its glued directly to the concrete

Concrete is easier to clean and harder to scratch. Our tile has so many scuff marks from shit stuck to the Crown wheels

Like @Tessa120 said. How is 1/8" tile any better than concrete? The tile has no impact absorption and its glued directly to the concrete

Surprisingly it does. I definitely noticed it during remodel when the tile was torn up. My feet hurt way more when I was working in areas without the tile.

Similar to how running/walking on concrete is harder on you than asphalt. Seems like it shouldn't make a difference, but it does.

This thread brings a tear to my eye...

show me a concrete that looks as good as tile? Concrete still scuffs, and since it does not get the waxing treatment the paint is exposed which means the paint chips.

Waxed concrete floors is nothing new.

There are types of concrete floors that arent just grey poured concrete

I personally hate linoleum tile so I’m happy it’s going away

Meh, those floors look amazing but don't look like something target would do. :) I can see the grey look the puma store front has as being used.

But this would require a whole store renovation. Those don't exist anymore.

There are types of concrete floors that arent just grey poured concrete
Actually it is. I knew someone that worked for a company that was branching into concrete flooring. Plain old gray concrete, once laid it is sanded smooth, stained and sealed.

Also as a child I lived in a house built in the 1920s, it was built as cheap housing for workers, very little money even for the time was invested in building it. Concrete floors, nothing on top, shiny, smooth as glass. That last part was really fun if your feet were wet. All of our neighbors had the same smooth concrete floors.

But you're right, the renovations would be expensive. Too expensive for a retail store, though a new store it may be an acceptable cost since Target wants high end style. I was simply answering @daemon 's challenge of showing a concrete floor as good as tile.

Meh, those floors look amazing but don't look like something target would do. :) I can see the grey look the puma store front has as being used.

But this would require a whole store renovation. Those don't exist anymore.
My store goes through a full remodel starting january

Even in a full remodel, they wouldn't do that. It would require tearing up the existing concrete floors to replace them with something that nice. If your store has tile already, they will probably just replace the tile (if that. My store wasn't originally going to get new tile).

Even in a full remodel, they wouldn't do that. It would require tearing up the existing concrete floors to replace them with something that nice. If your store has tile already, they will probably just replace the tile (if that. My store wasn't originally going to get new tile).
Exactly. And even if the existing concrete could be used everything from the knees down would have to be removed for the sanding to be done, and too much sanding means all that stuff won't fit right when it's brought back in and will need readjusting and/or replacing. Too much money for sprucing up the flooring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back