Archived the most redcards you've sold?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i've been a cashier for almost 2months. last week i didn't sell a single redcard and everyday that i didn't sell i would get coached by two gstl's/gsa's and found out that we are supposed to be selling 2 per shift. luckily today, i sold 5 redcards in my 5 hour shift. i'm proud of that, my gstl even got me starbucks for it. :p

so what's the most redcards you've gotten in a shift?
is there a person in your store that has the record of 'most redcards sold in a single shift'?
(a guy at our starbucks sold 7 redcards in his 5 hour shift... pretty awesome.)

Two or three. Lol it's purely about luck so try not to feel bad about it. I don't ask everyone if they want a red card, typically I just ask people who make large purchases or are in a good mood. The redcard 'type' haha.

I got two one day earlier this week (got my choice of Food Ave or SB for it)...usually I stop asking after one unless prompted or the GSTL/GSA is around. The week before last I was so close on 5 of them (as in got the application scanned) and then they couldn't complete them for one reason or another. I'm up to 5 for the week, so I'm hoping to make up for that lousy week. They aren't concerned that I'm not green for redcards yet, but it makes me a bit nervous. 2.0 seems awfully high for an individual conversion.

For a ULV store, we've already had two days in double digits this week for redcards.

The max I have ever gotten is 7 in a 8hr shift but I was only a backup cashier that shift my store has a contest going to where its. The cashier crew & electronics crew versus all other register trained team members the team with the best overall conversion wins prizes tbd

3 in one shift, got the last one on my last guest ;) lol

your store must be hard up for redcards if youre getting coached on it... lol. Not sure if my GSTLs coach people on it, but not from what I've seen... Personally i dont care if people get them or not, sometimes you just get unlucky and can't get them, no use making people feel bad for it.

Yes, don't feel bad, like my favorite line from dumb and dumber:

Lloyd: What do you think the chances are of a guy like you and a girl like me... ending up together?
Mary: Well, Lloyd, that's difficult to say. I mean, we don't really...
Lloyd: Hit me with it! Just give it to me straight! I came a long way just to see you, Mary. The least you can do is level with me. What are my chances?
Mary: Not good.
Lloyd: You mean, not good like one out of a hundred?
Mary: I'd say more like one out of a million.
[pause]
Lloyd: So you're telling me there's a chance... *YEAH!*

My GSTL gave me something to read today and it about REDCard goals, my store is was like 22 a day we had to average so its like 154 a week, at first I was like "your crazy", I dont think gettinga redcard is too difficult bcus I know a trick is to describe the differences between Credit and Debit, it makes a huge difference and most guests i know dont want credit, so always say there is a debit option which may help your chances. But great job today and keep it up!

154 is ridiculous.... we are 10 a day, or about 70ish a week.

I was cashiering for 4 hours after I came out of cash office yesterday. I asked every single guest if they were interested in applying for a redcard, and I had 0 luck.

It happens!

Back in the day when I was a GSTL we were having a problem making our redcard goal. The cashier team said our market was saturated along with a few other excuses. So we had the ETL-GS watch the lanes on a Saturday while I cashiered in between 2 lanes with the 2 cashiers who had the least amount of success getting them. At the end of 4 hours, I had 6. The two cashiers who usually got 1 per month had 14 between them. We had a lot of fun trying to one up each other. I realize that this was not going to happen every Saturday but it was good for the cashiers to know that they could get them. I think for GSTLs to just keep saying "we need more redcards" is in no way motivational. The team needs to know that you understand how frustrating it can be. There are days when you try everything and get zero. Other days you have multiple guests that ask you if they can sign up. This is why I hate the daily goal. I believe that if you look at monthly results you get a more accurate picture of how a cashier is doing. After that Saturday those 2 cashiers became 2 of our best a redcards. They really just needed to find what worked for them and get comfortable using it.

It's rare enough for me to even get one RedCard in a shift, but there was a time in Q4 last year when I got two.

I've been talked to twice about my abysmal conversion score. The first time was when I was young and stupid and used to skip prompts (yes, I admit it...though to be fair, I was on Express), and the second time was our formerly new GSTL who really didn't understand yet how difficult it is to talk guests into opening RedCards.

ahh.. so i just got off tonight, no redcards for me today... and my fellow TM who did cart attendant most of the night but did cashier for a good 2 hours or so goes, "unacceptable, i was cart attendant tonight and i atleast got 1 redcard." damn. i guess are store isn't playing about redcards lol.

I am not a cashier so it's a bit more difficult to get them. The most I ever got in a day was 5. I think it was during college move-in time.

I set our store record at 11 in one day for a 7 and a half our shift. I worked my butt off to do that though, selling is in my background since I used to sell TV's at Circuit City. Just have to be persistent. My conversion has been at 10 numerous times. Less so now that I am getting scheduled as Cart Attendant and Guest Service as well. I average 5 or so on conversion now.

If I'm a cashier, I can usually get at least 4 in a 5 and a half our shift. It's all about the pitch.

Last edited:
i've been a cashier for almost 2months. last week i didn't sell a single redcard and everyday that i didn't sell i would get coached by two gstl's/gsa's and found out that we are supposed to be selling 2 per shift. luckily today, i sold 5 redcards in my 5 hour shift. i'm proud of that, my gstl even got me starbucks for it. :p

is there a person in your store that has the record of 'most redcards sold in a single shift'?

I cashiered for the first time tonight. (been working at target for 2 Weeks.) And in my 6 hour shift I sold 5 redcards.. But I asked EVERY guest if they would like to save 5% not only when prompted. :) more enthusiasm = more redcards. I'm hoping to break some records at my store.

One cashier always gets tons every shift they work. They had 8 yesterday and I know they have got over 10 before in a shift

I cashiered for the first time tonight. (been working at target for 2 Weeks.) And in my 6 hour shift I sold 5 redcards.. But I asked EVERY guest if they would like to save 5% not only when prompted. :) more enthusiasm = more redcards. I'm hoping to break some records at my store.

nice work! I've been working with a couple of the cashiers at my store in their pitch, attitude, etc. Yesterday I had one come in and tell me she was working 8 hours and her goal was to get 6 which i was like wow! that's an awesome goal!! by 3 hours in she had 6. The closing GSTL texted me when she got off and she got 14 redcards! This was amazing to me because she's worked there for over a year and is lucky if she gets ONE a week!. So yes, i think it's all in the attitude and making sure you're asking every guest!

I remember a Target newsletter article about a cart attendant getting 30 or more on some days. He would carry a number of applications out to the parking lot, and would approach guests. Of course this was back in the day of the original Target card with the paper applications and the applications were hand keyed.

I found it a little hard to believe because who is going to sign up for a credit card from some kid out in the middle of the parking lot.

Last edited:
I remember a Target newsletter article about a cart attendant getting 30 or more on some days. He would carry a number of applications out the parking lot, and would approach guests. Of course this was back in the day of the original Target card with the paper applications and the applications were hand keyed.

I found it a little hard to believe because who is going to sign up for a credit card from some kid out in the middle of the parking lot.

I know I would be highly suspicious of someone, even in Target uniform, approaching me in the parking lot and pitching the Redcard to me. There is no way that I would fill out that application.

I set our store record at 11 in one day for a 7 and a half our shift. I worked my butt off to do that though, selling is in my background since I used to sell TV's at Circuit City. Just have to be persistent. My conversion has been at 10 numerous times. Less so now that I am getting scheduled as Cart Attendant and Guest Service as well. I average 5 or so on conversion now.

If I'm a cashier, I can usually get at least 4 in a 5 and a half our shift. It's all about the pitch.

Hey! Glad to see another old Circuit City employee! Was a PC/Camera sales guy myself, and was a Firedog by the time we went out of business.

The most red cards I've gotten in a shift before was 8... I usually only get a few a week, but everything else I do is WAY beyond any of my peers... So my ETL's turn a bit of a blind eye towards my conversion =P

I think my record for a single shift is 2. And only because the 2nd guest applied after the 1st guest didn't get instantly approved.

I ask every single guest, change up my pitch, etc. - yet I have one Red Card all year. How I haven't been coached repeatedly is beyond me. :hangs head in shame:

Is it really that necessary to get a redcard everyday if you're a cashier? Doesn't it takes time to sign up for one, especially if you're in front end with 3-4 guest in your lane?

To keep up a decent conversion, you need to average one or two per shift. If you have 3 or 4 guests in a lane, you should be calling for back up. And if you need to do a Redcard app, it's usually best to hit your light and call for back up right away.

Yes & yes.
If you've got a GSA/GSTL with game, they'll notice your applicant, shut off your light & move your other guests to a nearby lane to ring out themselves (what I used to do).
The most I ever got was 10 in a 4-hr span years back (when you got 10% off upon approval). My ETL was so thrilled that he req'd me a $10 giftcard with a GTC attached.
Those were the days....

Three. For a ULV, that's darned impressive.

But we've been struggling lately. Only 1.77 for the store last week. I think our ETL-GE is going to have a heart attack when he sees we didn't get even one yesterday (and not for lack of trying, either).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back