Archived The official I hate my boss thread

• Thread starter Barcode
  • Start date
  • Replies 115
  • Views 21K
Status
Not open for further replies.
dear etlsl: stop complaining that we threw a sign away. if you would've cleaned out your own dang signing area and put your shelves where they belong instead of scattered around the fixture room floor, you would have known that the sign from 2 months ago didn't need to be thrown away. it is a piece of cardboard. GET OVER IT. it is especially not cool to yell at me about it right at the breakroom entrance in front of my team. i've never been so embarrassed in my life. you are a douche.

dear food ave peoples: ditto. if you could manage your inventory so it didn't take up 7 pallet spaces, we wouldn't have to clean up after you. just be happy that all the extra crap you ordered was donated to a great cause and learn how to manage your business.

i hate bounceback. just like the rest of the year, my team gets stuck cleaning up because "no one else has time" or "they can't do inventory on their supplies" or "we'll pick the shelves up, we promise". it would be nice if they showed a little appreciation rather than railroading my team. we threw out 14 hanger bins full of trash. ridiculous. yet, the stl still complains to me that "we're" not keeping the fixture/signing rooms clean. grrr.

i hate bounceback. just like the rest of the year, my team gets stuck cleaning up because "no one else has time" or "they can't do inventory on their supplies" or "we'll pick the shelves up, we promise". it would be nice if they showed a little appreciation rather than railroading my team. we threw out 14 hanger bins full of trash. ridiculous. yet, the stl still complains to me that "we're" not keeping the fixture/signing rooms clean. grrr.

The ETLs PTMd an aisle last week and dumped a cart full of pegs in there after we spent the last 2 weeks prepping for bounceback... guess who is not taking care of that cart of pegs.

The ETLs PTMd an aisle last week and dumped a cart full of pegs in there after we spent the last 2 weeks prepping for bounceback... guess who is not taking care of that cart of pegs.

no kidding! i hate that!! it's like if it sits there long enough, it automatically becomes ours, even though we had nothing to do with it.
i'm reaching a breaking point with understanding why my team is the only one getting held accountable. example... we set 15 aisles the other day and pushed 11 pallets of transition. left 5 in the back, because the weather was getting bad and i wanted my team to get out on time before the roads got slick. got lectured during the huddle about completing things the next day. yet, we had to also help push truck, backstock and shoot instocks as well and ticket a crapload of clearance in infants the pricing team missed. no mention of how those things may have impacted our time that day or how five people pushing 16 pallets in 2 hours may not be feasible to begin with.

I have to say.....reading some of the above comments makes me thankful that I work where I do....not only my store, but in the pharmacy. All we have to worry about is the pharmacy and I'm fortunate to have a pretty cool STL & ETL. :)

Yeah, some of our ETLs are not the brightest bulbs in the box but at least they're not lazy...they are ALWAYS doing pulls and helping out. When I was a newbie and I didn't know what ETLs actually did, I thought sales floor WAS their primary occupation, lol. They may be a bit thick skulled about some things but they do NOT sit in their office all day.

I used to think my store was some sort of utopia for a long time as well. Just wait until you've dealt with enough of spots bull**** like I have.

Our ETL-HR is so incredibly thoughtless and non-dependable. How one can function in that sort of role with absolutely no follow through whatsoever and such a willingness to screw over everyone else, I will never know. It isn't personal...she does it to everyone...but I hate seeing people hurt by her thoughtlessness.

Length of ETL rotations. Used to be that ETLs did rotations in GE, SL, HL1 & 2, LOG, HR, AP before moving up to STL.
Used to be.

Huh. Hope we don't lose our ETL-LOG; he's fab and has kept us as one of the top stores in the group. But it would be hard to feel bad if he got offered an STL position somewhere, though. He's good. :)

I know our ETL-GE is over two years...it sounds like just our STL tends to rotate out at 18 months to 2 years. Haven't seen him in about 3 weeks and the ETLs won't say why...we're still holding our collective breath and wondering and waiting.

We have been so lucky. Our STL was there when we opened 6 years ago and is still there. Besides him our overnight ETLs have also been here that long. And we also still have 1 of the original ETLs from back then. And the others tend to stay for a couple of years or more. And most of them (well except for one) I hope stay forever.

Does anyone else's store delegate new ETLs to Softlines on a consistent basis? Because we've had a new (at least to our store, sometimes even to Target) ETL for Softlines for every year I've been with Target.

Does anyone else's store delegate new ETLs to Softlines on a consistent basis? Because we've had a new (at least to our store, sometimes even to Target) ETL for Softlines for every year I've been with Target.

it's a very common starting place - up from there or out quite often

Etl to softlines is doom for most stores. My sl etl is very frustrated by my stl. I don't blame them at all. My stl went off deep end, recently.

our softline ETL was the only long termer (he is the one leaving the store this week)in the store. We seem to be the exception to the 18 month rule.....ours either last forever or just a few months.

My SL ETL has been here for two years, but we've had 6 GEs in 4 years. On Monday, it will be #7. Our latest blonde cheerleader just got promoted.

My management complaint: I get scheduled a certain number of hours a week for ad. My TL schedules me for exactly 8 hours over what the projected timing is for prep for the week (so I can do endcaps on Sunday). This would definitely not be an issue, except for the fact that I know food ave, the Bux, GSA, GS, sales floor, cashier, and price change. Apparently, my signing hours are just for show because I'm out on the floor more than I'm in my office. I did this weeks signs in 15 hours...and then got yelled at because I wasn't nice enough to put everything in order like I normally do. Really?!?! I had to have someone cover my lunch because I had to print 250 signs in prep and didn't want to fall behind or go into compliance. It has to be a signal of some sort that I was actually contemplating working through my lunch.

My SL ETL has been here for two years, but we've had 6 GEs in 4 years. On Monday, it will be #7. Our latest blonde cheerleader just got promoted.

Wow! I've been with my store for 2+ years, and we're on our 3rd GE and Hardlines 1 (our other ETL-Hardlines has been there for ages).

UGH. ETL-SL... if you ask someone to give up a shift and they agree, you might want to actually, you know, remove the shift from the system at some point before the shift begins!

My "powers that be" complaint: stop giving us unrealistic "goals" to meet. RxRewards rolled out LAST YEAR!!! A majority of our guests are already enrolled so how the hell are we supposed to enroll X "new members" when we probably don't have that many guests daily that aren't already enrolled? (And yes, we kept track today and we had ONE guest that wasn't already enrolled!!!) And now, we're ALSO supposed to enroll guests in text messaging too? Oh, and don't forget red cards! Do you not realize that guests DO NOT want to be inundated with questions when they're picking up medication? Particularly when they're sick?!?!?! ESPECIALLY the elderly!!!! Oh, and it's a little difficult to enroll people in the RxRewards program (or even give them credit when they're ALREADY enrolled) when it's DOWN!!!! Of course, you don't take that into account when calculating our scores....

Let's see....questions:
1) Name
2) Address
3) Verify medication
4) Any questions for pharmacist
5) RxRewards (which takes a few minutes to explain/enter)
6) Text Messaging (which takes a couple more minutes to explain/enter)
7) Red Card (add a few more minutes)

SERIOUSLY?!?!?!?! If someone agrees to all 3, a simple 2-minute transaction has now become 10+! We have 2 registers and people take it out on us on the surveys if they have to wait more than a minute or two. There's no way in hell our scores will be green EVER!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back