Archived The official I hate my boss thread

• Thread starter Barcode
  • Start date
  • Replies 115
  • Views 21K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup I'm getting fed up with all the unrealistic goals being piled on me. LOD asks me why we don't have more REDCards? I dont know?? Why don't you ask the people cashiering. Not my god damn job to coach people on getting more REDCards.

Yup I'm getting fed up with all the unrealistic goals being piled on me. LOD asks me why we don't have more REDCards? I dont know?? Why don't you ask the people cashiering. Not my god damn job to coach people on getting more REDCards.

are you looking for a new job? you seem really unhappy with yours right now. :(

are you looking for a new job? you seem really unhappy with yours right now. :(

Yeah well you can thank my incompetent front end leadership for that. You could have said I was a bit of an optimist before they went and screwed me over. I was always that person willing to bend over backwards for the store's needs, and when it came to my needs they pretty much told me to go **** myself.

Been applying at a lot of places recently, but more recently looking into military options, particularly the Air Force.

I can't stand these 'you seem unhappy with your job, are you looking for other options' posts.
No one really likes their job or is happy with it all the time. It's called work. Not play.
It's much harder to glean any amount of enjoyment out of work when your hours and therefore your income are cut in order to meet payroll and facilitate the bonuses of others.

You do realize we're not all 'fast' 'friendly' and 'fun' all the time, right?

Imerzan's posts recently have gone from his usual self to really unhappy. When there's a noticeable shift in someone's demeanor, I think it's okay to say, "hey, you seem to be not okay...are you working to make things different for yourself, because we want you to be in an okay place in life." When you dread going in every single day and get that terrible pit in your stomach and want out...then it's time to consider making a change.

This isn't a "love it or leave it" type of post that R&K was making.

Imerzan's posts recently have gone from his usual self to really unhappy. When there's a noticeable shift in someone's demeanor, I think it's okay to say, "hey, you seem to be not okay...are you working to make things different for yourself, because we want you to be in an okay place in life." When you dread going in every single day and get that terrible pit in your stomach and want out...then it's time to consider making a change.
This isn't a "love it or leave it" type of post that R&K was making.

Ok then, my bad.

imz has some real bad luck with his mgt recently. he is looking for other jobs right now. lets try to help him out, so he can stay focus on his job till another one comes around.
hang in there, Imz!

i'm sorry if i came off rude. I actually meant it in a way that i felt bad that he was unhappy right now. I've been in that place before at a job where i would have rather gotten into a car accident on the way to work than to have to go in. It's a crappy situation to go into every day. I hope you didn't take any offense to my remark, imerzan.

The difference between a job & a career is that a career is a job that you love so much that you'd do it even if the pay wasn't the greatest.
I used to feel that way about spot but that was quite some time ago.

The difference between a job & a career is that a career is a job that you love so much that you'd do it even if the pay wasn't the greatest.

i agree. I actually really really love working here. I came into this after being in such a horrible situation at work. I would leave my job every single day crying and finally left when i just couldn't take it anymore. Spot is so much more less stress for me and compared to my previous job a walk in the park! I guess to each it's own. :)

No offense taken redand ;) Sorry if i came off as rude as well

Yeah it's gotten to the point where i think they're about to performance me out, so I'm trying to hurry and get out. I used to have career satisfaction here, but thats long evaporated.

i agree. I actually really really love working here. I came into this after being in such a horrible situation at work. I would leave my job every single day crying and finally left when i just couldn't take it anymore. Spot is so much more less stress for me and compared to my previous job a walk in the park! I guess to each it's own. :)
R & k, imz, spot has become roller coaster, the both of you will be ok. Every store is run differently.
No offense taken redand ;) Sorry if i came off as rude as well

Yeah it's gotten to the point where i think they're about to performance me out, so I'm trying to hurry and get out. I used to have career satisfaction here, but thats long evaporated.

I think we all vent from time to time....god knows I do, but, like redandkhaki, I really like my job. I work because I want to, not because I have to. If I ever get to the point where I dread going to work every day, I'll have no problem walking away. Life's too short.

Oh, man...I'm in the same boat. No matter how frustrated I am and ready to scream some days, it is a million times better than being belittled and yelled at and going home crying day after day, and going into work knowing that you will do nothing right all day.

Not wanting to slice your wrists before the beginning of each shift is actually enjoyable.

I know not everyone feels that way, and I completely understand. I just want those who are so miserable at their job (whether it be Spot or any place else) be able to find a place where they are happy. Life is too short to be miserable at work.

To that one LOD...by now, you should realize that I know what I need to do every day as a signing team member, especially when I go over my workload with my PTL, and she has no issues with my weekly plan. Your condescending tone and demeanor during that conversation really turned me off.

This is one of the many reasons why just about everybody at the store does not like (or respect) you, except for your fellow ETLs. I don't need you to tell me what I need to do and treat me like I'm five years old.

I really wish we had competent management at my store, instead of people who are fresh out of college and have not been trained in managing people.

Last edited:
To that one LOD...by now, you should realize that I know what I need to do every day as a signing team member, especially when I go over my workload with my PTL, and she has no issues with my weekly plan. Your condescending tone and demeanor during that conversation really turned me off.

This is one of the many reasons why just about everybody at the store does not like (or respect) you, except for your fellow ETLs. I don't need you to tell me what I need to do and treat me like I'm five years old.

I really wish we had competent management at my store, instead of people who are fresh out of college and have not been trained in managing people.

It almost sounds like you work at my store.

...And the performancing out has commenced! Picked up my Self-Term Form tonight, just waiting to fill it out.

Our etl-food is a **** and can burn a fiery death in hell. ****ing sarcastic *****.

Our 3GSTLs.
Treating all cashiers like red card generating machine.
0 motivation, hounding at its best.

I mean, seriously, I expected my GSTL and ETL-GE would be much closer to their own cashiers, since cashiers are under them, but nope.
GSTLs and ETL-GE laughing around actually socializing with other salesfloor TMs while all they talk to cashiers is "NEED MOAR REDCARDSSSSSS."

I'm just looking for an opportunity to leave front end to actually get treated like a person, but cashiers have the worst possibilities of changing work center in my store, since they rarely hire new cashiers. We are always understaffed.

I sincerely want to apologize.
To all the people I tried to sell the idea that they could train their ETLs if they worked at it.
That most ETLs were decent people and could be guided in the right direction by people willing to take the time.
Sure there were ones that were awful people but that was to be expected, right...

Well, I have to say that's a load of dreck, presented by someone who had competent bosses and didn't know just how bad it could get.
Some of the ETLs probably started out as halfway decent folk but now, all too many of them are making decisions either from buying the party line or fear of loosing their jobs that destroy TMs lives.
There are still many I have a lot of respect for and enjoy working with but I have come to realize that I really didn't know what the hell I was talking about.
Sorry.

I sincerely want to apologize.
To all the people I tried to sell the idea that they could train their ETLs if they worked at it.
That most ETLs were decent people and could be guided in the right direction by people willing to take the time.
Sure there were ones that were awful people but that was to be expected, right...

Well, I have to say that's a load of dreck, presented by someone who had competent bosses and didn't know just how bad it could get.
Some of the ETLs probably started out as halfway decent folk but now, all too many of them are making decisions either from buying the party line or fear of loosing their jobs that destroy TMs lives.
There are still many I have a lot of respect for and enjoy working with but I have come to realize that I really didn't know what the hell I was talking about.
Sorry.

this is so true!

kudos to you!

one word is sufficient for my post and what I want to say to my ETL: "Really?"

Stop writing me meaningless vibe cards, stop mailing me insincere notes of thanks to my house, stop giving me junky little trash gifts as a token of your (fake) appreciation because these DON'T pay the bills like a DECENT RAISE would.
You wanna show me how much you appreciate me? PAY me what you'd pay the 3 other people it would take to do my work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back