I'm Lost! The Target Dating Thread

There are approximately 5 women I have crushes on at my store. 2 of them are ETL's and the other 3 are TL's. However, the 2 ETL's have personalities like a rock. They never smile and never say high and act like everyone around them has leprosy. The 3 TL's, though, are nice and make a point to say hello. My problem is that I wouldn't say anything mainly because I don't want them to say I was harrassing them, so I just admire them from a distance.

I am an electronics TM and my story has allowed me to date an AP TM. He is a TPS. We hid it for a couple of months (which we were horrible at.) When our new AP ETL came to the store my boyfriend came clean to him. They both sat down with our HR TL to go over the policy. They decided that a TPS was technically in the same category as other TMs below TLs. Since there was a AP ETL at the store to watch over me there were no worries about me getting away with anything. As long as we are professional on the clock they didn't care. We've been together for 8 months now and have known each other for a year. Happiest year of my life.

I am an electronics TM and my story has allowed me to date an AP TM. He is a TPS. We hid it for a couple of months (which we were horrible at.) When our new AP ETL came to the store my boyfriend came clean to him. They both sat down with our HR TL to go over the policy. They decided that a TPS was technically in the same category as other TMs below TLs. Since there was a AP ETL at the store to watch over me there were no worries about me getting away with anything. As long as we are professional on the clock they didn't care. We've been together for 8 months now and have known each other for a year. Happiest year of my life.
When you didn't realize your gf had a break room account till now

One of the salesfloor TMs that I'm friendly with is mutually flirting with our LOG-ETL. Is that even allowed?

I dated a guy for a couple weeks last month who I found out on date #1 he was a TM at another Target lol. Luckily I don't think there's an issue being that we're at separate stores. But after a couple weeks we happily decided to remain friends as we just didn't have the spark it would take it be anything more which honestly makes me a bit relieved. If something worked out it COULD of caused issues being I have support helped that store a few times.

That's interesting, I could see dating someone in my store but if I dated someone outside of my store for some reason I wouldn't want them to work at Target. A TL told me last week about his girlfriend who is a TL at a store in our district and he talked about how much time he spends at her store and how they compare stores. Idk I'm just wired weird.

Meh, anyone TL & above dating someone from their store or a nearby store would make me nervous because I've seen the fallout from relationships gone south.
Usually resulted in someone quitting or being transferred out.

So, hypothetically, what would is the policy on an AP team member dating a 3rd party Team member (CVS, Optical, or Mobile)?
Asking for a buddy, of course.

There are approximately 5 women I have crushes on at my store. 2 of them are ETL's and the other 3 are TL's. However, the 2 ETL's have personalities like a rock. They never smile and never say high and act like everyone around them has leprosy. The 3 TL's, though, are nice and make a point to say hello. My problem is that I wouldn't say anything mainly because I don't want them to say I was harrassing them, so I just admire them from a distance.
Same. I have a crush on one of my ETLs (which is a big no no but I can't help it and I obviously won't act on it -- not only because it's not allowed but because I'd be too chicken sh*t to do so anyway) but I just admire them from afar then run away like a child whenever they come anywhere near me lol.

Last edited:
I have a thing for a TM I work with. I don't know if he's gay or not but I get the impression that he might be. I've completely stopped talking to him as I get shy around him. Sigh.

We have a softlines tm who all the girls go crazy about but he's gay and proud. He is extremely masculine too so our guest do a lot of staring at him

I have a crush on my TL. Of course I'd never act on it. So I'll just be OK with the fact that he's super chill. :)

i have a crush on the etl-ap, a cart attendant and a gstl. yikes. but i have a feeling the etl-ap is kinda digging me. so even bigger yikes .

My boyfriend and I actually met while working at our current store, we're both sales floor TMs (he's in consumables, I'm in softlines) so there was never a problem with conflict of interest. We also have two different mother/daughter combinations in our store, with the mother and daughter working in the same department at the same level which still never constituted any conflict. The one incident that resulted in a SrTL transfer in my time at my current store was when a SrTL and TL began seeing each other and my store's HR found out, so that's definitely one to avoid.

Back