I'm Lost! The Target Dating Thread

What if it's just sex and not dating? Does sex count as dating? I've always been curious to see a situation of two team members that are basically just screw buddies meaning that the only thing they do together is have sex. They don't love each other and don't date each other. Just sex.

Ah, the good ol' friends with benefits. That might actually be more awkward due to the nature of the relationship.

I am thinking the secret room next to the fitting room. It has happened at my store.

Or an ETL's office, like a certain member of our forum whom I won't name.

What if it's just sex and not dating? Does sex count as dating? I've always been curious to see a situation of two team members that are basically just screw buddies meaning that the only thing they do together is have sex. They don't love each other and don't date each other. Just sex.

Ah, the good ol' friends with benefits. That might actually be more awkward due to the nature of the relationship.

I am thinking the secret room next to the fitting room. It has happened at my store.

Or an ETL's office, like a certain member of our forum whom I won't name.

There was a TL, ETL, and TM that got caught together in the backroom at a nearby store. Keepin' it brand.

Outside storage container, ETL office, Cleaning Crew's area.

When I said "just sex", I meant just sex. That means that the two humans are not even friends. They work at the same Target and have sex sometimes. I just don't get why "just sex" would be such a big deal. I mean if everyone is 18 and up and no incest is involved, why not? You only live once. My personal opinion on dating and/or having sex while being employed by Target or any work place would be to avoid it. It just creates more drama and stress for you. Why would you want that? And wouldn't it be somewhat of a distraction?

Sorry quick question.

Is the ETL-4AM I don't know his official title allowed to date the beauty concierge?

Sorry quick question.

Is the ETL-4AM I don't know his official title allowed to date the beauty concierge?

ETL-Logistics or Logistics TL (Keyholder)?

ETL- No.
Logistics TL- Probably, but not a good idea.

At my store they all probably do have STD's. They've all literally banged the same ETL. A fire bush who couldn't get around fast enough. Most recently she screwed a TM who left his job for her, she moved to another store, dumped him and seemingly ruined his life. Too bad because he was a really nice kid. Now he wears all black and never smiles...

I have said this before and I will continue to say. Why would you want to date someone that you worked with at Target? Dramaville and downerville if you ask me. If I was foolish to get with some lady right now, I would hope she wouldn't be working in retail. Retail isn't exactly an attractive profession especially when it comes to finding you a date/lover.

I have said this before and I will continue to say. Why would you want to date someone that you worked with at Target?...If I was foolish to get with some lady right now, I would hope she wouldn't be working in retail. Retail isn't exactly an attractive profession especially when it comes to finding you a date/lover.

Because, you know, people are exclusively the sum of their current job and nothing else.

Retail is actually a great place to meet people if you're young and have an exit strategy. Even at the exec level, you're making decent money, usually young, and not planning on working retail forever, so you can usually find people. I consider young mid 30s and younger. Granted, I wouldn't want to try to start a family or even get married while working retail. The schedule is really tough on home life. Nights. Weekends and all that.

But if someone was going to not give a second thought about dating me simply because I work retail then they can fuck off. Why the hell would I want to date someone so shallow that all they see is my job? It works for me right now, and at the end of the day I'm gonna do what works for me...not whatever impresses other people.

Jack, you really need to lighten up. I get that you hate your station in life right now, but the fact is that's where you're at. At least try to enjoy yourself while you're climbing up out of the pit. What's the point of always being so negative? Even if you fake outward nicety...people can see right through that. No one wants to be around that day in and day out. If you're having a hard time finding love or even friends, I'm sure your outlook and disposition have more to do with that than the mere fact that you work retail to survive.

Life isn't about what job you work.
Sure, retail can be hard but so can any job.
White collar jobs can be extremely soul crushing too.
The people you meet at work often have similar interests and if nothing else you can bitch about the same things.
Live for the moment.
You never know when you will find love.

Last edited:
Your job tells a lot about you. You can say it doesn't matter but it does. People judge you on everything especially your job. In America, it's all about being number 1 and seeing how much money you can make. Money is everything. I'm afraid we will have to agree to disagree. I can't fake being nice at Target because people would know I'm the Eyeore of the store. If I pretended to be nice all of the sudden, they'd probably think I was about to murder them or something. I've burned too many bridges. Too late to be fake nice.

Maybe too late to fake nice but never to late to practice patience.
The people that irritate you the most or are the biggest jerks, make them your practice dummies.

This is strange to say this considering I'm going to marry a woman I met and dated at target but DON'T DATE co-workers because its a dramafest..my relationship while we worked together was horrible ..we broke up and didn't get back together til she quit.. and now ..we getting married but anyways yeah I wouldn't recommend dating or hooking up with coworkers

This is strange to say this considering I'm going to marry a woman I met and dated at target but DON'T DATE co-workers because its a dramafest..my relationship while we worked together was horrible ..we broke up and didn't get back together til she quit.. and now ..we getting married but anyways yeah I wouldn't recommend dating or hooking up with coworkers
Congrats!!! I would never recommend that to anyone, glad it worked out for you two though :D

Every store is a world in its own. It depends on the STL. I have had an ETL dating the ETL-HR and the STL did nothing about it. My old STL dated a Starbucks TM and I think they are still together. I have also worked with ETLs who have dated TLs and TMs. Majority of them are still together (even MARRIED). I guess it goes back to the old saying, "It all depends on who you ask." Personally, I am happy for them finding Target Love. Just as long as they do not tread on me and cause more work for me.

So it's not okay for a Hardliners/Cashier TM to date the AP ETL? Totally different work center, but still not okay?

So it's not okay for a Hardliners/Cashier TM to date the AP ETL? Totally different work center, but still not okay?

No, that would be grounds for termination for both of them. Anyone in Asset Protections should not be dating any other team member, team leader or ETL in their store. Any ETL should not be dating any other team member, team leader or ETL in their store. It's a total conflict of interest.

In a store nearby mine, our DTL found out that that store's APL was dating the GSTL. The APL is now a flow team member at my store. I'm seriously surprised that the former APL still works for spot.

Moral of the story: Don't date within your store. It's a bad idea.

No, that would be grounds for termination for both of them. Anyone in Asset Protections should not be dating any other team member, team leader or ETL in their store. Any ETL should not be dating any other team member, team leader or ETL in their store. It's a total conflict of interest.
But it would be okay to date any one else basically, just not my TL or ETL?

Why can't AP date anyone at all? Makes no sense. As long as they're not letting the person they're dating get away with anything they're not supposed to, I don't see how it'd be an issue.

Because they're above everyone in the store with regards to investigation.
Dating someone you might have to investigate would taint your ability to be impartial.

Last edited:
What redeye said.

If you are a regular team member you can date any other team member in the store unless they are Asset Protection. You can also date a team leader that you do not report to, though this can be a significant hassle as every other person in the store is going to assume something shady is happening even if it isn't. The best advice I can give is if Target is in your long-term plans it's not best to date within your store. If you are young and not planning on being with Target for very long then go for it.

Back