I'm Lost! The Target Dating Thread

Nepotism for one.
When I first started, I heard about an HRTL whose son came to work at our store. He was forever hopping from dept to dept 'trying to find his niche'. He eventually racked up a bunch of NCNSs but his mom was trying to cover for him. She got termed for that & he got termed for coming to work stoned.

Ha ha ha ha! This kid is a mess! He is just really young and immature. He started as cashier but never stayed at the lanes. Them he was Starbucks but never stayed there either except when he was on the phone with his girlfriend. Then it was GS followed by FA. H was confused for a while and thought he was security. From day one he always had an LPDA and walkie. He would take off after guests that were "suspicious" and keep them "under surveillance." Then he decided he was the GSTL. When he was scheduled as cashier or FA he would have his walkie and LPDA and GS keys! He would call us up for backups and he just walked around the front talking to everyone and having a big time. Then he fell in love with a coworker at FA. Now he actually stays at FA. Problem is they stay in the back most of the time so forget about getting waited on while they are there. They have had at least one knock-down-and-drag-out right there in front of guests! lol But he is finally 18 so now they are officially training him as GSA. any other TMs who date aren't allowed to work in the same work center. I really think it's a conflict of interest because his mom does make schedule changes and is a HRTL. But...that's just me. He's not a bad kid, but they are setting him up for disaster if he ever works anywhere else. smh

What problems do you think there would be if an HRTL & their kid worked in the same store?
Omg the favoritism is the WORST! Plus when their kid's friends get hired the favoritism spreads, through scheduling them juuusssttt right to match their schedule and forget availability! Their mom makes their schedule and no one else dares to touch it! (Forget if the TL of the department needs to schedule them slightly differently....not gonna happen).

I could go on and on...but I won't. ;-)

Some stores have a rep from a company like Boots that just hangs out in cosmetics 2-3 times a week selling makeup. They love to do things like try to pester the backroom to scan outs in cosmetics or pull various DPCIs while you're in the middle of doing CAFs. Some of them have gone as far as just grabbing things out of the wacos when they don't see any backroom TMs around.

Some stores have a rep from a company like Boots that just hangs out in cosmetics 2-3 times a week selling makeup. They love to do things like try to pester the backroom to scan outs in cosmetics or pull various DPCIs while you're in the middle of doing CAFs. Some of them have gone as far as just grabbing things out of the wacos when they don't see any backroom TMs around.

I thought Beauty Concierge was different than the Boots rep. My store has both.

Dating at the store I'm leaving only happens if you aren't management and if you are not a hard worker. An added bonus is if you live in the hood, have tats and speak like a hot head. Cool calm and collective means boring to most. Also, prepare to have your presence with said person validated by the master circle that likes to gossip, some of those folks that people date live and die by those circles.

You mean the woman that wears a dress and heels or dress pants suit and puts makeup on people? I didn't even know stores had that anymore. I know there would be those at the mall.

I kinda wish my store had one. Some new eye candy would be nice. Sorry but I am only human.

I kinda wish my store had one. Some new eye candy would be nice. Sorry but I am only human.

A makeup expert doesn't mean eye candy.
The people who put the makeup on the movie stars don't look like them.
They're just very good at what they do and selling the product.
Also, wouldn't it be nicer to have someone to cuddle with instead of just look at?

A makeup expert doesn't mean eye candy.
The people who put the makeup on the movie stars don't look like them.
They're just very good at what they do and selling the product.
Also, wouldn't it be nicer to have someone to cuddle with instead of just look at?

No.

Jk

Back