The Things Guests Do/Pet Peeves Thread

How about when the LOD doesn't respond when you repeatedly tell them over the walkie that the baler needs to be unlocked and then they bitch and moan when there are several carts full of trash sitting in front of it tho?

TO ALL TMS....stop leaving your back stock in Guest Service!!! I will be putting it back into your go backs, so you can take it to the backroom correctly.

How about when the LOD doesn't respond when you repeatedly tell them over the walkie that the baler needs to be unlocked and then they bitch and moan when there are several carts full of trash sitting in front of it tho?

Or when they won't come back and unlock the receiving door to let in the truck driver or a vendor. Bonus points if the weather is shitty.

Come to our store, where the GSTL is required to give a "reshop rundown" every half hour.

Hey team it's time for our reshop rundown! Softlines you have an almost full cart; Electronics you have a half cart; Domestics you have 14 items in your cart; Chemicals you just have one bottle of Tide in your cart, Seasonal your cart is empty, HBA you have a hand basket full, and Market your cart is about 1/3 full.

And of course we don't even have anyone in half of those departments for most of the day.
We have cashier work abandons out when it slow or there to many cashiers but sales floor also does some .

To all those TMs who come over for ice water: STOP REACHING INTO MY PREP AREA!!!
You're grabbing cups, lids & straws without regard to where your hands have been & it's disgusting.
Don't make me get out the degreaser.

Better yet, when they forget to disarm receiving and I get to yell through the door to the line outside that I can't let them in yet.
This is exactly why our reciever is usually in a bad mood. A lot of the time the early morning LOD is either this lazy person who tries making other people do stuff for her even though she's right there or this guy who moves wayyyy to slowly

I would zip-tie them flat so they can't be opened for sitting.

I have done that.. And sat back and watched them try to open them.. Hysterical. "And no we can't open it, to many guests couldn't be bothered to clean up their mess so now they can't be opened." They get that pissy look but all the blame is put on them cause their fellow guests were the pigs that spoiled it for them.

Watched a pack of wild wolves kids take everything off every bottom hook in one poor cashier's lane tonight. The mother said, no, you can't have those, and the kids just dumped them on the ledge. I was headed that way and just glared at them with a raised eyebrow. She just let her little monsters get away with making a mess.

People who can't resist opening a box of food and eating it before checking out bother me, but it's even worse when they just take one item out and put the box back on the shelf.

I don't see what's wrong with that, personally. As long as I'm not touching anything but the box or it isn't those little baby food pouches.

I don't see what's wrong with that, personally. As long as I'm not touching anything but the box or it isn't those little baby food pouches.

They haven't paid for it yet. Those items don't belong to them.

It makes their hands dirty, and because of that, it's gross. If they pay with cash, they're now transmitting their food dust and saliva to you. If it's messy food, now the cashier has to handle your filthy yogurt container, and now they have to find a way to clean their hands and whatever mess made by the guest. Sometimes the package gets destroyed after the guest ripped it open with their teeth and fat sausage fingers, thus making the barcode unscanable. Also, a lot of the time, people don't pay for the food. It gets abandoned on a shelf, or simply not paid for.

Also, where's the self control? If you don't eat those Cheetos right this very second, you will die? What fuck face adult can't feed themselves so they don't get to that point of hunger? Wait 10 minutes and pay for your shit first, rather than eating it and trying to pay at the same time like an irresponsible self entitled dipshit.

They haven't paid for it yet. Those items don't belong to them.

It makes their hands dirty, and because of that, it's gross. If they pay with cash, they're now transmitting their food dust and saliva to you. If it's messy food, now the cashier has to handle your filthy yogurt container, and now they have to find a way to clean their hands and whatever mess made by the guest. Sometimes the package gets destroyed after the guest ripped it open with their teeth and fat sausage fingers, thus making the barcode unscanable. Also, a lot of the time, people don't pay for the food. It gets abandoned on a shelf, or simply not paid for.

Also, where's the self control? If you don't eat those Cheetos right this very second, you will die? What fuck face adult can't feed themselves so they don't get to that point of hunger? Wait 10 minutes and pay for your shit first, rather than eating it and trying to pay at the same time like an irresponsible self entitled dipshit.

That's true, fair enough. I was thinking just like a candy bar or something. Surprised I haven't run into that too much, besides baby food and sometimes a snickers or something. Guess I'm lucky.

I really hate the misuse of the phrase real quick.

"Hey backroom, I just dropped man cafs for office and chem. Can you pull those real quick and let me know when they're ready?"

"Hey can you help push paper real quick? It's not too heavy today." (Takes an hour with no help)

"Hey I'm going to take a real quick lunch." (Not sure how it can be quicker than the usual 30 minutes)

I really hate the misuse of the phrase real quick.

"Hey backroom, I just dropped man cafs for office and chem. Can you pull those real quick and let me know when they're ready?"

"Hey can you help push paper real quick? It's not too heavy today." (Takes an hour with no help)

"Hey I'm going to take a real quick lunch." (Not sure how it can be quicker than the usual 30 minutes)
I feel like this misuse of "real quick" can only be interpreted as "right now."

Back