The Things Guests Do/Pet Peeves Thread

Yuuuup , like please can people not use my valuable time for Jimmy's first retail experience I am busy as fuck and don't have the time for Jimmy to hand me all his crumbled bills that aren't flat or anything and then expecting me to count it.. like please?
The thought of little jimmy still Makes me angry.... but different! Now its 62.56 in unsorted change and 2 hours of counting

We should just do away with cash. And while the world's at it, let's get rid of landlines, watches, and newspapers. All absolete. But not pen and paper - I still love writing things down.

We should just do away with cash. And while the world's at it, let's get rid of landlines, watches, and newspapers. All absolete. But not pen and paper - I still love writing things down.
Landlines, yes. But I still wear a watch every day and get the local newspaper (plus have two online subscriptions).
I don't pay for a lot of things with cash, but it's useful for some things.

I need to get a new watch. Haven't replaced the last one and I'm annoyed all the time constantly that I have to dig my phone out whenever I want to know the time.

I need to get a new watch. Haven't replaced the last one and I'm annoyed all the time constantly that I have to dig my phone out whenever I want to know the time.
My phone is clipped to my jeans unless I'm home. Easy access.

I priced them once and compared features. The were fancy pedometers not worth the $200. I expected more for that money.

Landlines are good where there's spotty signal.
Yes, which is why my neighbors still have a landline at their second home way north of here, out in the middle of nowhere. But in my small city? No problem.
When my landline went on the fritz for the second time in a few months, I decided to call it quits and finally get a cell phone. This was quite a few years ago, but still well after a lot of people had cells in addition to landlines. I remember one of my coworkers at the time (before Target) being astonished that I'd gone so long without a cell. ;-)

Sticking their card to pay before I've even scanned the first or second thing... What the heck? None of your shit has been scanned, it only slows me down because then the reader acts like it accepts it and my screen loads for a second to process what just happened so I'm just standing there like "bruh"...

Putting their card in to pay without clearing the screen of the circle ad, then sitting there looking at it until I have to reach over & clear it because they didn't listen as I explained what Circle was.

Putting their card in to pay without clearing the screen of the circle ad, then sitting there looking at it until I have to reach over & clear it because they didn't listen as I explained what Circle was.
I’m at the SD so it matters less but I literally just say “if you’re a circle member you can enter your number or just hit skip” No other explanation lol

Might have already said this, but I've been repeatedly irked about it just lately: guests who seem to think it's funny to make a mess with shaving cream or hair removal products. The latter have a distinctive and unpleasant odor so that makes it even more annoying. Why do people have to be such jerks? :-(

Back