The Things Guests Do/Pet Peeves Thread

Peeves:

1. I don't mind that you're calling to see if we have something in stock, but for gods sake know what the fuck you are actually looking for. We sell like 20 different doc McStuffins play sets. Give me the actual name, DCPI, or something. (This does not apply to the Star Shower. If you are calling for that go die.)

2. Guests that hang up on me when I tell them I can put them on hold to check on something. I even remind them it is busy season, and that I haven't forgotten about then when it rings back. This is even better when a team member gets back to you on the item and you have to say never mind.

3. Letting kids destroy the store. Watch yo damn kids!

4. Half drunk Starbucks cups hidden everywhere. Bonus if you didn't find them the day before and they have rotten milk stink.

On my way to work I saw my neighbor had the star shower on their house and I yelled out of my window "THAT IS SO DUMB WHY DOES EVERYONE WANT THAT?!"

I always used to hate it when a guest would walk up to the electronics counter, set all their items down, pull out their wallet, and never say a word. Even if you're zoning nearby, not even at the boat. I would make them wait forever and never approach them, until I got complained about once. Then I started walking up to them after a while and asking if they needed help with something. Sometimes they would flat out ignore you and just keep shuffling through their wallet. Or they'd just say "yea." That's it. I'd say "oh! You wanted to pay here? Sure I can do that for you! The lines must be long up front huh? I'm glad I'm not a cashier!" Fuckers.

Last edited:
Guests who walk up yakking on their phone and just expect you to know who they are/what they want. I refuse to wait on them until they get off the damn phone. One 20-something girl walks up today, just yapping away, so I just stood there. She says to whomever she's talking to, "hold on, I'm at the PHARMACY bad they're not that smart here..." I replied, "I'm quite intelligent, I just didn't want to be RUDE and interrupt your phone call." She says, "whatever, I just need my subscription," pick up the phone and starts yapping again. Again, I just stood there....again, she goes, "hold on again, I don't know what this chick's problem is..." I say, "my PROBLEM is that I need your name to GIVE you your prescription and I can't ring you out if you're on your phone, it could be considered a HIPAA violation..." She says, "A hippo-what?" I said, "HIPAA, H.I.P.A.A.... it's a privacy law..." "Whatever, just give me my subscription..." "I still need your name to give you your PREscription..." "What?" "Can I have your full name?" "Britney (not really)" "and your last name????" "Wouldn't that be a violation of that hippo-law?" "No, I need your FULL NAME and date of birth to insure I'm giving you the correct prescription." "But it's JUST birth control..." "I still need your name, I have hundreds of prescriptions here and they're organized by LAST NAME!" "Whatever, Spears..." "I'm sorry, I don't have anything ready for you." "Well, you texted me it was ready..." "Do you have he text?" "Of course..." *shows me the text* "This says it's TIME TO FILL, you never replied, so it was never filled..." "But I JUST got the text..." No, based on the date, you received it 12/1...since you never replied, it wasn't filled. Would you like me to fill that for you?" "Dammit! She hung up! Uhhhhh.....what?" "I can get that ready for you, just give me about 10 minutes..." "Why isn't it ready? I'm out..." "Well, we aren't psychic....since you never replied, we didn't know to fill it, but I'll get that ready for you now (mostly because I sure as hell don't want you procreating!!!)" "oh, okay...I'll be at Starbucks...(color me shocked!!! :eek:)

After she left, my pharmacist says to me, "and that's why I love you. She had no idea..." ;)

Guests who walk up yakking on their phone and just expect you to know who they are/what they want. I refuse to wait on them until they get off the damn phone. One 20-something girl walks up today, just yapping away, so I just stood there. She says to whomever she's talking to, "hold on, I'm at the PHARMACY bad they're not that smart here..." I replied, "I'm quite intelligent, I just didn't want to be RUDE and interrupt your phone call." She says, "whatever, I just need my subscription," pick up the phone and starts yapping again. Again, I just stood there....again, she goes, "hold on again, I don't know what this chick's problem is..." I say, "my PROBLEM is that I need your name to GIVE you your prescription and I can't ring you out if you're on your phone, it could be considered a HIPAA violation..." She says, "A hippo-what?" I said, "HIPAA, H.I.P.A.A.... it's a privacy law..." "Whatever, just give me my subscription..." "I still need your name to give you your PREscription..." "What?" "Can I have your full name?" "Britney (not really)" "and your last name????" "Wouldn't that be a violation of that hippo-law?" "No, I need your FULL NAME and date of birth to insure I'm giving you the correct prescription." "But it's JUST birth control..." "I still need your name, I have hundreds of prescriptions here and they're organized by LAST NAME!" "Whatever, Spears..." "I'm sorry, I don't have anything ready for you." "Well, you texted me it was ready..." "Do you have he text?" "Of course..." *shows me the text* "This says it's TIME TO FILL, you never replied, so it was never filled..." "But I JUST got the text..." No, based on the date, you received it 12/1...since you never replied, it wasn't filled. Would you like me to fill that for you?" "Dammit! She hung up! Uhhhhh.....what?" "I can get that ready for you, just give me about 10 minutes..." "Why isn't it ready? I'm out..." "Well, we aren't psychic....since you never replied, we didn't know to fill it, but I'll get that ready for you now (mostly because I sure as hell don't want you procreating!!!)" "oh, okay...I'll be at Starbucks...(color me shocked!!! :eek:)

After she left, my pharmacist says to me, "and that's why I love you. She had no idea..." ;)
ugh.... 20's, rude, and pretty clueless! Its pretty good she was at least smart enough to use birth control!

3. Guests that want to know exactly when a truck is coming and when exactly the items will be on the floor

This is why I love working in an overnight store with a truck every night. I just tell them they should call the next morning because we have no idea what's on the trucks until they arrive. I don't envy you folks in ULV stores, especially when the toy collectors come in.

8. Guests who throw cash on the moving belt at the lanes and complain when their money gets sucked in

Then you slide out that dusty tray thing from under the belt, and voila! I found your money. Now don't you ever pull that crap with me again.

*go go gadget arm*

YES. That show was the greatest.

11. Guests who get mad that the natural peanut butter isn't in a fridge

Wait, is that seriously an actual thing? If it's shelf-stable, it's going on a shelf. You want it cold, then put it in the fridge when you get home.

This is why I love working in an overnight store with a truck every night. I just tell them they should call the next morning because we have no idea what's on the trucks until they arrive. I don't envy you folks in ULV stores, especially when the toy collectors come in.

Then you slide out that dusty tray thing from under the belt, and voila! I found your money. Now don't you ever pull that crap with me again.

YES. That show was the greatest.

Wait, is that seriously an actual thing? If it's shelf-stable, it's going on a shelf. You want it cold, then put it in the fridge when you get home.

I didn't realize it was a thing till some lady made a stink over it the other day. Me and another TM were like wait what??

That does work most of the time but every once in awhile it would get sucked right under the belt and not drop in that tray. Not often but it did happen.

I was doing toy pulls the other day and a guest followed me around and kept clearing his throat, as if I knew that he needed help. I thought he was sick. About ten minutes later I turned around and he cleared his throat very loudly and said, "EXCUSE ME"...which he then followed up with "do you have Pie Face"

Oh and a dad and his son were actually going though my toy pull opening up boxes while I had my back turned. There were boxes and product ALL OVER THE FLOOR--they were looking for Pie Face. I got in so much trouble because I had stuff on the floor and what the TL didn't understand was that I had no idea it was even like that until I walked back to the flat.

I was doing toy pulls the other day and a guest followed me around and kept clearing his throat, as if I knew that he needed help. I thought he was sick. About ten minutes later I turned around and he cleared his throat very loudly and said, "EXCUSE ME"...which he then followed up with "do you have Pie Face"

Oh and a dad and his son were actually going though my toy pull opening up boxes while I had my back turned. There were boxes and product ALL OVER THE FLOOR--they were looking for Pie Face. I got in so much trouble because I had stuff on the floor and what the TL didn't understand was that I had no idea it was even like that until I walked back to the flat.
You didn't realize that you were supposed to be psychic and know that they were doing that:eek:?

Whenever I am at guest services, I greet the guest in front of me by saying, "how can I help you?" Easily 8 out of 10 will say "good" or "fine." Seriously...learn to listen. Not once did I say, "how are you?"

I am to the point that I now say, "what can I do for you?" I don't like it, and it feels rude to me, but now only about 1 or 2 in 10 respond by telling me how they are. About the same number don't say anything at all.

Listen, this isn't a rhetorical question, and for the most part I don't care at this minute how you are. I just want to take care of whatever it is you came up here for and get you on your way. Learn to listen and comprehend.

Whenever I am at guest services, I greet the guest in front of me by saying, "how can I help you?" Easily 8 out of 10 will say "good" or "fine." Seriously...learn to listen. Not once did I say, "how are you?"

I am to the point that I now say, "what can I do for you?" I don't like it, and it feels rude to me, but now only about 1 or 2 in 10 respond by telling me how they are. About the same number don't say anything at all.

Listen, this isn't a rhetorical question, and for the most part I don't care at this minute how you are. I just want to take care of whatever it is you came up here for and get you on your way. Learn to listen and comprehend.
This exact same thing happens in the pharmacy. I will ask, "hi, are you picking up a script today?" and the guest will say "good." Or I will ask them to verify their date of birth and they will repeat their name to me. Pay attention to the task at hand people!

I hate how everybody just expects that because it's Star Wars, It goes into electronics. I can't even tell you how many times I get things like Star Wars cups or plates in my re-shop and have to bring it back later.

I hate how everybody just expects that because it's Star Wars, It goes into electronics. I can't even tell you how many times I get things like Star Wars cups or plates in my re-shop and have to bring it back later.

In my store they assume anything that's fabric is softlines. There's some tees and hats in electronics though. There's one Star Wars hat I had in mind when I read your post lol. They also send us the our generation kid and doll matching pj sets, dollar spot hats and scarves, occasionally dog clothes, etc etc.

Back