The Things Guests Do/Pet Peeves Thread

Someone printed up sticky labels one time for SD that said "NEED DPCI PLEASE" with space below to write it in.
They'd simply peel it off & stick it on the merch.
Sad when we ran out & the TM who made them was gone.

There are now preprinted notes available, they are called "merchandise identification slip" and are pink. They have a spot for the transaction #, DPCI, item name, quantity, price, and notes. Why the SF would use all this info, I don't know. Perhaps they are for AP. Either way, GS uses them at my store when an item needs info.

I always have a few in my pocket so i can just fix them as i go. Also, I carry a pen with me so if an item does not have a tag I can jot down the dpci. It drives me crazy that people find items that need tags so they throw them in with reshop. Then gstms tape a piece of paper on the item that says "need dpci" and puts it back into reshop. Why?
We have zone kits. Anyone else? One of those plastic shoe boxes with do-its (the adhesive hooks), pac men (not sure what they're called now, we just still call them pac men--slip on the peghooks to hold mdse to the end), paper, pen, mdse id slips, tape, box cutter, scissors, blank labels, flip label holders, clearance labels, GT cards, an ad, and whatever else may be needed. Closers grab them with equipment.

We have zone kits. Anyone else? One of those plastic shoe boxes with do-its (the adhesive hooks), pac men (not sure what they're called now, we just still call them pac men--slip on the peghooks to hold mdse to the end), paper, pen, mdse id slips, tape, box cutter, scissors, blank labels, flip label holders, clearance labels, GT cards, an ad, and whatever else may be needed. Closers grab them with equipment.

We don't have them for hardlines closers, but when we got the EE remodel and new electronics boat, one of the locking cabinets became the "brand box." It contains enough J-hooks/do-its to hook probably everything in the department, inventory clips/pac-men, pens, the pink merch ID things, 3 different kinds of tape, a printer with its own dedicated charger, rolls of clearance tickets and shelf labels, sheets of the white cover-up labels, clearance shelf tags, flippy label thingies for shelves and peghooks, security fixture devices, grey and red dots, defective equipment red tags, a thing of box cutter blades, extra redcard apps and warranty plans, and the new signs for the TV wall that have price cut/temp price cut on one side, and clearance/expect more pay less? on the other. We're basically a black market of supplies for the whole store, because we have almost everything one could need for their shift on the floor.

Guests who aren't picking up prescriptions, but expect us to ring out their storw purchases anyway. I don't mind if it's HBA, but kindly take your other stuff up front since we aren't even Target anymore!!! ESPECIALLY when it's just me working!!! :mad::mad::mad:

We don't have them for hardlines closers, but when we got the EE remodel and new electronics boat, one of the locking cabinets became the "brand box." It contains enough J-hooks/do-its to hook probably everything in the department, inventory clips/pac-men, pens, the pink merch ID things, 3 different kinds of tape, a printer with its own dedicated charger, rolls of clearance tickets and shelf labels, sheets of the white cover-up labels, clearance shelf tags, flippy label thingies for shelves and peghooks, security fixture devices, grey and red dots, defective equipment red tags, a thing of box cutter blades, extra redcard apps and warranty plans, and the new signs for the TV wall that have price cut/temp price cut on one side, and clearance/expect more pay less? on the other. We're basically a black market of supplies for the whole store, because we have almost everything one could need for their shift on the floor.
I keep literally all of those same supplies in my boat too. Old school style camera boat.:D

Do not leave your kid in electronics to mess with the iPads trying to pull them off the display, finding the power buttons on TVs, turning all the volume on the speaker displays to max and hitting them all at once while you go shop. We almost had AP hold them at guest service and paged you.

kthanksbyepleasedontcomeback

I once had a guest that made us look for an item all over the store. "the other Target store called here and you said you would put it on hold for me." We checked Guest Service, Backroom, the shelves, random carts, go backs, and even offices. The Guest was getting really mad that they drove all the way over and we didn't have it. Then we said, which store were you at last? We called that store and they told us that it was being held at a different Target store. We explained to the Guest that it was at a different location. The Guest then said, "This isn't xx location?, I thought this was XX location." The Guest made the mistake and had driven to the wrong store. We then had to call the store it was being held at to make sure it was there before the Guest would leave to go get it. I think we barely even got an apology.

To all guests who can't figure out the 3 for $10 deals we do on sodas...
It's really not that hard. If it says on the sign it's for Pepsi products, and all the Pepsi brand sodas have the sign on them, you can grab any 3 of those sodas for $11.

Please don't buy 3 Coca Cola sodas and expect me to honor your price challenge.

I wish we had those. One of our TLs made up little kits for each spill station that had do-its, gray dots, and blank labels for flexing, but they haven't been replenished in months because that would make too much sense.

And the annoying rubber things that go on the peghooks are called inventory control clips.

I once had a guest that made us look for an item all over the store. "the other Target store called here and you said you would put it on hold for me." We checked Guest Service, Backroom, the shelves, random carts, go backs, and even offices. The Guest was getting really mad that they drove all the way over and we didn't have it. Then we said, which store were you at last? We called that store and they told us that it was being held at a different Target store. We explained to the Guest that it was at a different location. The Guest then said, "This isn't xx location?, I thought this was XX location." The Guest made the mistake and had driven to the wrong store. We then had to call the store it was being held at to make sure it was there before the Guest would leave to go get it. I think we barely even got an apology.
Oh my god, I had a guest who did this once while I worked as a GSTM. Older lady who literally walked up and answered my "hi, can I help you?" with her last name like she was declaring a password and didn't explain what it was about. I asked her to clarify and she just repeated her last name and THEN -- after a frustrated pause -- explained she was picking up an item. We don't have it, we check the hold bins, we check salesfloor.... all of these locations, we don't even have it in stock. Turns out she came to the wrong store and then wanted a TM from there to just bring it over here because the other store was a couple miles away and we were expecting her to drive to that store after mistakenly coming in here. Like.... lady, we didn't make you come here. You.... YOU came here....

I wish we had those. One of our TLs made up little kits for each spill station that had do-its, gray dots, and blank labels for flexing, but they haven't been replenished in months because that would make too much sense.

And the annoying rubber things that go on the peghooks are called inventory control clips.
We call them pacman.

I have a GSTM who will complain about cashiers who aren't Guest Service trained coming up to the return desk and trying to help, saying that they should have a learning plan to be back there, and then the next sentence will be them telling me how to do my job and changing around break schedules. Like.... I'm sorry, do you have a learning plan for GSA?

This is part of the reason pharmacies make the store where you're transferring something call to get the transfer. Especially if it's a control because most states limit the number of times those can be transferred. We had a guest who had Walgreens transfer a rx to a different Spot, then she shows up at ours to pick it up. When we told her we had nothing, she threw a fit because "I was there when they called!" Look in the computer and, sure enough, it was filled at a different store. Of course, it was OUR fault :rolleyes:

Back