The Things Guests Do/Pet Peeves Thread

There once was a spill on a shelf,
I know cause I've seen it myself,
Carmel mocha so mean,
hardened to bullet proof sheen...
AND JUST HOW THE HELL DO YOU THINK IM GOING TO GET THAT OFF OF THERE! THERE ARE LIDS ON THAT STUFF FOR A REASON! IDIOTS.
Thank you.

I hate guests who stand at the Electronics boat, magically waiting for me to appear.
Or the ones who expect me to be tech support. The ones who were like "But i saw it online.." or "They used to do it here!"
I always get these people when I'm covering for electronics. I'll take a walkthrough of the electronics area to see if anybody needs help, and the guest at the boat is just standing there. Didn't press the call button, nothing. And when I get there they complain about us taking too long.

I always get these people when I'm covering for electronics. I'll take a walkthrough of the electronics area to see if anybody needs help, and the guest at the boat is just standing there. Didn't press the call button, nothing. And when I get there they complain about us taking too long.
Now, i just learned to watch them from a distance unless they spot me.

Seriously, what is the matter with people? It's like they walk through those pneumatic doors and some of their brains get sucked out.

Lane lights. Why do they skip 5 lanes with lights on and go to one that's closed??? It's not busy, I'm cleaning my lane, my light is off, I'm crouched down so they cant see me, we're NOT busy, and they skip an empty lane with a light on to come stand at my lane like a big dumb ogre. Then they get all pissy when I direct them to an open lane. I'm NICE about it, I smile, and they act like I've just taken a lolly away from their baby.

The closer we get to Christmas, the stupider and meaner they get.

Lane lights. Why do they skip 5 lanes with lights on and go to one that's closed??? It's not busy, I'm cleaning my lane, my light is off, I'm crouched down so they cant see me, we're NOT busy, and they skip an empty lane with a light on to come stand at my lane like a big dumb ogre. Then they get all pissy when I direct them to an open lane. I'm NICE about it, I smile, and they act like I've just taken a lolly away from their baby.
When our service desk was being rennovated, this would happen a lot. Seriously? It's *that* big of a deal for you that you can't pay for your one item in the Express lane which is literally a reach away from where you're standing. Don't make a total scene because someone said they're closed.

I hate people who move my abandon cart while Im standing there. Its not hard to say "excuse me" but if im moving a peg, I obviously can't see you coming down the aisle. I always move and apologize if I see it or they speak up. This lady the other day started to move my cart which was not in her way at all but I go to move it more and she says " Its okay" o_O Obviously not.

People who treat TMs like their own personal shopper. TMs will be more than happy to direct you to where an item is located, even show you, but they don't have the time to "fetch" an item for you, unless it's in the back room. If you want a personal shopper, pay someone to do your shopping for you, like Peapod.

1.) Guests that just start talking to you. "Do you know where the peanut butter is?" Like.... you can say excuse me... just get my attention.. otherwise I'll think you're talking on your phone.

2.) guests who ask me If I know where something is.... like I don't work there

3.) Guests who HIDE their Starbucks cups and we find them a week later stuffed inside a pillow. Nasty asses

4.) Guests that call and say "do y'all have that song by..."

5.) Guests that live in Texas who call ME because their store doesn't have it and they can't drive to my state.... why did you call?

6.) Guests that think that we buy everything before the store opens.

7.)Guests that have never worked a day in retail but want to tell me how to run my floor.

8.) Guests who think that I wake up reading the Sunday paper or that I'm a mind reader "that thing y'all have in the paper for $20" there's plenty of things. Be more specific.

9.)Guests that know our every move and term because they come to Target so much.

10.) Guests who are illiterate. "I saw buy one get one free" no bit you saw "buy 3 get a free gift card"

11.) Guests who spent the entire time complaining about no check lanes being open but once I've checked them out, they don't have their payment ready.

12.) Guests who sit there and stare at me while I struggle with taking the hangers off of their clothes.

13.) Guests that can't read coupons. It expired two years ago.

14.) Guests who bring you a picture of the price tag and the large amount of product in the wrong area

15.) Guests who know that the price is wrong because they've scanned it on the price scanner and say "well the guest is always right so I guess they will give it to me for that price"

16.) Guests that allow their children to play in chemicals and don't tell us about the spill

17.) Guests that break things and leave it and walk away

18.) Guests that saw the "wet floor" sign and still walked into it and fell....no money for you Lucy

19.) Guests that "need a carry out" and it's a body pillow.

20.) Guests that call you while they are in the store.

When a guest interrupts you while you're helping another guest.
Yaaaaassss!!!! I'll be standing with my guest trying to figure out what they need
First Guest: "yes, it's a umm movie called "The Black..."
Second Guest: "Ma'am, Ma'am! I have a question. Where's your clocks?"
Me: "I'll help you once I'm done helping my current guest."

Then there's the guest who thinks you're just talking for fun because you're laughing with your current guest while helping them find something... and when they approach you with "we'll you weren't busy anyway"..... bitch..... bitch.... its called guest service. I'm vibing!!!

Guests that come to the Express lane with an overflowing cart. There are clearly other lanes open, but they don't want to wheel their lazy asses down to them.

"Ma'am, this is the Express lane..."
Lady pauses, looks up at my light: "Oh, I know I have too many, but you're open, no one else is."

Bullshit. You're just too lazy.

3.) Guests who HIDE their Starbucks cups and we find them a week later stuffed inside a pillow. Nasty asses
I found a Jamba Juice cup hidden under a rack in girls one time. It had mold growing on the liquid that was left in the cup.:mad:

Or the guest that picks up the phone instead of checking the next aisle. We are always just two steps away.

I found a Jamba Juice cup hidden under a rack in girls one time. It had mold growing on the liquid that was left in the cup.:mad:
I caught 2 teenage girls one time trying to hide their "almost empty" Starbucks cups in random places in the store. Their plan was to hide them and come back periodically to see if anyone had found them. After I saw the first girl hide hers, I walked up right behind them, picked it up and told the other girl I'd be happy to take hers too. They handed it to me and turned beet red like their mom had just caught them. I think they may have graduated with my son :p

Howler monkeys - guests who literally YELL when they don't get their way even though we're doing our best to help them. They talk over you when you're partnering with another TM so you can't get anything done while they're continuing their tirade petulant hissy fit.
"You better hope I don't have to come in here again" "Maam, we really DO hope you never come in here again"

The guests who think they're the only motherfucker in the store. Goddammit, wait your turn!

The ones that interrupt (mentioned above). You're cashiering or service and with a guest, so obviously with a guest, and talking, and some twat walks up and just starts talking over you and your guest. Um, excuse me, wait your fucking turn. I have a face for that.

People who can't control their kids. Bitch, I'm ringing up someone, I'm bagging their purchases, and your kid is trying to sit on the bagging area and yelling about stickers and their toy. Move your little monkey back and control him. While we're at it, this is not the time of year to be teaching little Billy and Babs how to count money. They're 4 for chrissakes! You're holding up the line.

Compulsive shoppers with real mental illness. We have one that I recognise now - I've done 4 returns for her, all over $200.00
"I know I don't need to buy all this. I'll have to bring most of it back. I just can't help myself" Bitch, then don't buy it all!!! But I'm not her therapist (although, I should put that degree to some use). Hmmmmmm

I think Target should offer an antidepressant/therapy program starting 1 Nov lasting through 1 Jan. Seriously, the shit we put up with.

Back