Archived There needs to be a company wide strike

Status
Not open for further replies.
At my store, the TLs or ETL will switch me to performance another team member, I’m only a hardlines team member, but I’ve also been advised to watch and performance other team members to make sure they’re doing what they need to be doing. We just got rid of our specialty sales TL and they just sent him to another store because we no longer “have” that position. So I’m sure the performancing is a real thing.

At my store, the TLs or ETL will switch me to performance another team member, I’m only a hardlines team member, but I’ve also been advised to watch and performance other team members to make sure they’re doing what they need to be doing. We just got rid of our specialty sales TL and they just sent him to another store because we no longer “have” that position. So I’m sure the performancing is a real thing.
I don’t think so. Do you tl access on workday?

Last edited:
A good friend of mine put in her 2 weeks notice today after 11 years. She got a better job with much better pay! Her parents first met at Target AND she met her husband there as well.
This whole "modernization" thing is by far the worst thing Target has ever done to itself!

Its intereesting that the disability and eldee tm debate comes up because at my store we legally cant hire either. The design of our store makes it unaccesible to them (not sure I should eleaborate or not) we havent had either hired or working for several years. When I was first hired on we had one gal in her 80s who was forced out because she couldnt handle the buildings accessability issue.

So hiw does a company manage to get about refusing to hire because of a disability even though the building is not disability accessable for an employee? Funny that :/
Is your store accessible to guests who are disabled or elderly? And the ADA, I think, would require a building owned or leased by a company as large as Target to be ADA-compliant for employees.

It is acxessibke to guests there are off stsge areas in several parts of the building that disabled cant get to. Ah fuck i dont care any more our building is old as dirts and has stairs in partd you need to access.like the break room, hr office, schedule are/ timeclock. Parts of recieving and the backroom. Its a screwed up building and our hr uses the stairs as an excuse to not hire in her words dead weight. Jotlune doesnt dp crap they side with her. Legally i dont think they can work around that.

No we dont have lockers nor a time clock downstairs and no our lazy ass useless managment wont make accomodations because they dont want to. Spot hires so winners in my area smdh

It is acxessibke to guests there are off stsge areas in several parts of the building that disabled cant get to. Ah fuck i dont care any more our building is old as dirts and has stairs in partd you need to access.like the break room, hr office, schedule are/ timeclock. Parts of recieving and the backroom. Its a screwed up building and our hr uses the stairs as an excuse to not hire in her words dead weight. Jotlune doesnt dp crap they side with her. Legally i dont think they can work around that.

No we dont have lockers nor a time clock downstairs and no our lazy ass useless managment wont make accomodations because they dont want to. Spot hires so winners in my area smdh
That is just begging for someone who is disabled to apply solely for having grounds to file a lawsuit against Spot for ADA violations.

That is just begging for someone who is disabled to apply solely for having grounds to file a lawsuit against Spot for ADA violations.

For sure! There are lawyers who specialize in suing restaurants without accessible restrooms. I'm sure there are plenty of them willing to take on Target for not hiring a person in a wheelchair.

But why havent they is my question. We have our fair share of disabled and elderly in our area. A few have told me they applied and asked me about their apps. Regulars who just want an additional income. This is what I dont understand. What loophole does my store leap through to avoid this situation.

But why havent they is my question. We have our fair share of disabled and elderly in our area. A few have told me they applied and asked me about their apps. Regulars who just want an additional income. This is what I dont understand. What loophole does my store leap through to avoid this situation.
Because nobody has made the effort to get something started in that regard. If these are all off-stage areas that are non-accessible, a lawyer isn't going to know about them until a potential client - either an applicant who believes they were rejected because of their disability or a current/former employee who feels they were unfairly treated for the same reason - comes in with a complaint.

Reactions: Fyi
I talked to folks who specialize in the ADA.
HR can not refuse to give someone an application and if the person is capable of doing the basic functions of the job then they have to consider them the same as they would anyone else.
If the back area isn't accessable then reasonable accommodations should be made.
For instance, if the time clock is at the top of a flight of stairs then move the clock or allow someone else to punch the employee in.
If the break room is inaccessible let them take their break at Starbucks.

What they are doing is illegal.

Because nobody has made the effort to get something started in that regard. If these are all off-stage areas that are non-accessible, a lawyer isn't going to know about them until a potential client - either an applicant who believes they were rejected because of their disability or a current/former employee who feels they were unfairly treated for the same reason - comes in with a complaint.
Exactly. All those people who applied, none of them have talked to a lawyer or the EEOC.

I'd be the bitch who'd tell them what you heard and advise them to grab a lawyer. Every one you talk to. If three or four rejected applicants are saying the same thing it's likely going to get official notice. Right now they likely have no clue it was their disability that was the determining factor.

Reactions: Fyi
Exactly. All those people who applied, none of them have talked to a lawyer or the EEOC.

I'd be the bitch who'd tell them what you heard and advise them to grab a lawyer. Every one you talk to. If three or four rejected applicants are saying the same thing it's likely going to get official notice. Right now they likely have no clue it was their disability that was the determining factor.
And I doubt anybody in management would be stupid enough to say or admit that. Merely that the person did not seem a good fit. I sometimes deal with such things, and it very hard to go down the EEO path. It often boils down to he said/she said. The plaintiff needs pretty much rock solid proof that the disability was why they were not hired, and I seriously doubt the company keeps that. ADA and EEO cases are also usually long drawn out affairs, and Target has a LOT more money than the potential plaintiffs. Pick your battles.

And I doubt anybody in management would be stupid enough to say or admit that. Merely that the person did not seem a good fit. I sometimes deal with such things, and it very hard to go down the EEO path. It often boils down to he said/she said. The plaintiff needs pretty much rock solid proof that the disability was why they were not hired, and I seriously doubt the company keeps that. ADA and EEO cases are also usually long drawn out affairs, and Target has a LOT more money than the potential plaintiffs. Pick your battles.

When 75 people dumped their wheelchairs over and crawled up the capital steps people were telling them to pick their battles too.
They got the laws about accessable buildings passed and now everyone takes things like curbcuts for granted.
Fuck letting these bastards piss on people with disabilities because it might cost them a few bucks or maybe a little g-damned compassion.
There is a reason the in unemployment rate for people with disabilities is so fucking high and it is people like them.

Capital-Crawl-1990-2-e1378669142724.jpg

Last edited:
When 75 people dumped their wheelchairs over and crawled up the capital steps people were telling them to pick their battles too.
They got the laws about accessable buildings passed and now everyone takes things like curbcuts for granted.
Fuck letting these bastards piss on people with disabilities because it might cost them a few bucks or maybe a little g-damned compassion.
There is a reason the in unemployment rate for people with disabilities is so fucking high and it is people like them.

Capital-Crawl-1990-2-e1378669142724.jpg
I don't disagree with you. I'm just saying the EEO is a long and difficult path to take - it can drag on for years - and it is up to the plaintiff to show burden of proof that their rights are being violated. It needs to be rock-solid proof, not he-said/she said proof. That is HARD. Doable, maybe, but hard - and you are likely doing so without a lot of money, whereas the corporation has LOTS of money and can hire the best lawyers to fight it, making it even harder. Where is the proof that the person was not hired because of a disability? Again, I doubt that is written down ANYWHERE. They can instead come up with a myriad of other plausible reasons, including the old "we didn't think they would be a good fit" for the position which is hard to refute.

This is why I never respond to any text or calls about work when managers ask us about stuff. I only do what the wage is intended me to do, clock in, push products, talk to guests, nothing more. i'm not going to do the BAIL, im not going to another department, and im not coming up for backup.

This is why I never respond to any text or calls about work when managers ask us about stuff. I only do what the wage is intended me to do, clock in, push products, talk to guests, nothing more. i'm not going to do the BAIL, im not going to another department, and im not coming up for backup.

And as sales floor, fuck doing my own backstock.

Preach! I’ve had 6 hours a week since the beginning of the year, all my requests for more hours, being trained somewhere else etc. have fallen on deaf ears. Yet when I’m there, they expect me to work faster when there’s call outs, work with urgency and get the job done. It takes everything in me to not laugh in their faces and ask why I should care.
I cannot agree with this more

There’s a lot in my store who are 12+ years. I’ll be 13 this year. 3 TMs in my store are 21+ years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back