Archived Things You Wish Your Store's Breakroom Had

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have 2 refriger stores, hot cold water machine, but it uses tap water.. It was brown the other day..mmm.
A coffee machine that takes longer to brew then your break., a game of jenga that sits on top of one of the refrigerators. A couple of vending machines. A tv where you can only watch DVD's. Can't remember the last time it was on, but when it's warm out, I don't go to the breakroom every often.
We have 2 microwaves, toaster oven, George Forman grill. Outside we have a gas grill and at least once a month etl's will make burgers and dogs.. Unfortunately it seems like it's on days I am off..
Someone also set one of our microwaves on fire.. Shockingly they did replace it.
I always wanted a sofa and some comfortable chairs in the breakroom until I saw all the above comments.

A bulliten board where we could post things for sale would be nice, but not allowed.

besides the Scotch I would also like some vodka. I can supply the OJ. and if they would let me stick it in the freezers in the back for a couple of hours first that'd be fine also.

What does my store's break room need? Alcohol.

But seriously, we have two satellite TVs that are almost never turned off, two fridges that are always full even after HR cleans them out, two microwaves that never get cleaned, a toaster oven, and one or two toasters. We used to have a water cooler, but they got rid of it because it was always broken, so now we have a PUR filtration system (and shockingly, nobody ever replaces the filters). I saw a Keurig in the break room a few months ago, but I'm not sure if it's still there.

Oh wait, I almost forgot the vending machines. The two drink machines are way overpriced and don't even have a good selection. The snack machine is out of order every other day, and when it's not, it won't accept my selections for some unknown reason. It sucks when I only get a 15, Food Ave is closed, and I don't have time to buy food from the sales floor.

I wish my store had a freaking hot plate. I want tea.
Good tea requires boiling water, not just "hot" water. A hot plate would work but one of those electric kettles is quicker and easier. After years of boiling water in a kettle on a gas stove at home we got an electric kettle and I would never go back. It might even fit in your locker if you don't trust people to not misuse it or steal it.

Depends on the tea. Typically, green teas say to use not boiling water (mine actually have a temp in the steep "instructions"/guidelines, but I'm not enough of a snob to have a thermometer for tea lol). Of course, drink your tea however you like it, though. I don't like to say what's good or bad tea or coffee because I think that stuff is subjective.

Cleanliness would be nice. We used to have toaster ovens but they switched them out for toasters. I think because you can't see the mess inside a toaster, but someone has to clean the toaster oven tray. Hr probably got sick of cleaning it. I don't blame them, but I never wanted to use it until they were gone.

Air freshener would be helpful. There's a guy who smells like he just sits in his waste all day. It's bad. And he's a choose talker who has long stories all the time. He's nice though and Idk how to tell him he stinks.

Cleanliness would be nice. We used to have toaster ovens but they switched them out for toasters. I think because you can't see the mess inside a toaster, but someone has to clean the toaster oven tray. Hr probably got sick of cleaning it. I don't blame them, but I never wanted to use it until they were gone.

Air freshener would be helpful. There's a guy who smells like he just sits in his waste all day. It's bad. And he's a choose talker who has long stories all the time. He's nice though and Idk how to tell him he stinks.

Omg I laughed my ass off when I read about the stinky team member. We have 1 on our team. Thanks fir a good laugh after an 8 hr day !

We have a microwave with a caked interior, a toaster for burning things & a fridge missing most of the shelves so you have to pull your lunch out from a stack without causing an avalanche.

If anyone didn't figure it out, stinky guy is a "close talker." Stupid, autocorrect.

The soda vending machines are cheaper if you compare to the bottled soda and water by the check lanes. I like to go to food ave and refill all day though. The candy vending machines are just there to sucker you out of money when the lines are long out on the floor.

I wish my store had a freaking hot plate. I want tea.

We have a really nice Keurig machine in our breakroom. It does Tea (Hot and Cold), Coffee (Normal and Iced) and hot chocolate. It's wonderful!

A clean floor

If you're a morning TM, talk to your SFT, housekeeping should be cleaning it daily. If you work later in the day, talk to your ETL-HR/ HRTL and have the cart attendant go clean it. Spot is serious about keeping a break room clean.
Bwa ha ha. I swear my stores breakroom is the dirtiest in the company. Food spills on the walls behind the trash can have been here over a year. NO ONE ever cleans the tables off. I eat in the tl office!!!

Your store doesn't have a full kitchenette? :p

We have 4microwaves, 2 fridges and the overpriced vending machibes

We had 3 Microwaves, 3 Refrigerators, 2 Toaster/Convection Ovens, and 2 Actual Toasters, A stove, a dishwasher, and one of those water things (the one, that you put the 5 gallon thing of water on top, and it chills it) We also had vending machines, too. But, I can't tell you if they were overpriced because I always just bought things through the express lanes, or FA Register.

We also had Corelle Plates & *GASP* Silverware, lol. We didn't have any video game consoles you guys talk about, we just had a DVD/Blue Ray player combo, and a Directv receiver.

I can also say, there was always peanut butter & jelly laid out. The Bread was always fairly fresh too. I liked being in our breakroom, lol.

One of my stores had a couch. And lots if mice because the couch was never cleaned out. Never again. My last store had a ps3 and wii.

Our store has a small break room compared to others I've seen, just enough room for six tables, two soda and one vending maching, two refrigerators, two microwaves, one toaster, one Keurig, Pizzazz, toaster oven, and electric griddle.

We were lucky enough to get a 70" TV to replace our tiny 32" one, along with DISH Network (although it's like 15 channels, and not HD, which defeats the purpose of having an HDTV.)

I haven't had an issue with putting QMOS'd bread and pastries in the BR for the three years I've been here. Of course, I make sure our donation partners have what they want first.

We must.
Our store has a small break room compared to others I've seen, just enough room for six tables, two soda and one vending maching, two refrigerators, two microwaves, one toaster, one Keurig, Pizzazz, toaster oven, and electric griddle.

We were lucky enough to get a 70" TV to replace our tiny 32" one, along with DISH Network (although it's like 15 channels, and not HD, which defeats the purpose of having an HDTV.)

I haven't had an issue with putting QMOS'd bread and pastries in the BR for the three years I've been here. Of course, I make sure our donation partners have what they want first.
You must be from my store.

Wow, everyone else's breakroom sounds so cool... Mine just has 3 tables, two microwaves, two refriderators, and a vending machine. We do have a snow cone maker and a 60 inch tv that gets almost every chanel on Dish network, though.

If you want food to go to the break room, it's better to requisition it instead. After all, isn't that why the requisition function exists? :D
That was exactly the speech I got from our DTL. Then a nice long explanation that putting qmos'd items in the breakroom is theft.

That got nipped in the bud.

ok so from just reading this thread.. where is your guys break room at in your store how big is it ?

Our breakroom is of decent size. We have Two Refrigerators/A Microwave/A Toaster Oven/An Oven.

We also sometimes have a ping pong table set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back