Thinking about applying for packer

Conducted 2 interviews for in store positions today. Both applicants were very adamant that they would NOT accept a position that was either seasonal/temporary or part-time/under 40 hours. I was forced to show them the door and explain they had walked in to the wrong building. We may be interested in them but they are clearly not interested in us.

What are the people called on the BPK side that use machines? They pull from order pickers and when they run out of labels end up packing.

Conducted 2 interviews for in store positions today. Both applicants were very adamant that they would NOT accept a position that was either seasonal/temporary or part-time/under 40 hours. I was forced to show them the door and explain they had walked in to the wrong building. We may be interested in them but they are clearly not interested in us.
How many hours is normal for someone to get in the store?

How many hours is normal for someone to get in the store?
Never worked at the stores before but I troll r/target a lot, lots of complaints about only getting around 15 - 20 hours. Then there are those that claim they get 40 per week, but that doesn't seem to be the norm.

HR told me it’s because packers don’t lift as much weight. While that’s true, we walk a lot more than anyone else probably. Dumb answer from HR.
I know the weight requirement is less but I also believe Packers should make just as much as all other warehouse workers because I have flexed in to MBP from Warehousing to feed Packers and I made more than the Packers I was feeding which seemed pretty ridiculous to me so I totally get where you are coming from.

If Packers were on an even playing field they could crosstrain in other departments and even do more in their own department. As it now stands, Spot is shooting itself in the foot by limiting you all to one single function. Especially during Fall Season.

Hours have been cut store side. Several tm's get less than 20 per week. Some are scheduled less than 4 hour shifts. Some work one day a week (not by choice.)

Back