Archived Thinking about transferring and need some advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catalina

Bullseye Biatch!
My leaders are so crappy (I have a billion stories of shitty things they've done to me and others) to the point where everyone's quitting or getting fired for dumb things and I'm just sick of it, i enjoy working at target but my store has really bad leadership. I really want to transfer to another store in the area (even if it takes me longer to get to work) how would I go about transferring? Do I need to give a reason? Will my pay remain the same? And what if I hate it? Would I be able to transfer back? Out store feels like home because I've been going there with my mom since I was a kid to shop, and I know every inch of our store. I'm only cross trained for guest service (I'm a cashier). My attendance is good, i never called off in my 90 days and only called off twice since then. I was late three times , once or was under the grace period and twice in was late by around 10 minutes, but I've never been coached for it. I was coached once for forgetting to ring something up. But that was about two months ago. Do I have a good chance to transfer? I'm especially worried they won't let me considering the state the store is currently in.

Sorry for so many questions, i just want to be sure I'm making the right decision.

As long as you're not under any disciplinary action, you may be able to transfer BUT it's still dependent on if your leadership allows it.
First, check out the other stores in your area until you find one you think you could work in.
Scope it various times of day & busy days on the weekend so you don't feel blindsided.
Second, once you locate said store look on-line to see if they have any openings that you think you could fill.
Even tho you don't necessarily have to tell them the REAL reason you want to transfer, you WILL need their blessing so you'll need a plausible reason (ie: going to school & there's a store near campus that would make it easier to go straight from one to the other).
Good luck.

As long as you're not under any disciplinary action, you may be able to transfer BUT it's still dependent on if your leadership allows it.
First, check out the other stores in your area until you find one you think you could work in.
Scope it various times of day & busy days on the weekend so you don't feel blindsided.
Second, once you locate said store look on-line to see if they have any openings that you think you could fill.
Even tho you don't necessarily have to tell them the REAL reason you want to transfer, you WILL need their blessing so you'll need a plausible reason (ie: going to school & there's a store near campus that would make it easier to go straight from one to the other).
Good luck.

How do I look for openings?

Also the store i want to go to is in the same county (less than 30 mins away) but is not the closest store

How do I look for openings?

You'd have to go through eHR since you're already employed by Target.

Like redeye58 said, go to the store and check it out. See how busy it is. If you're really feeling bold, find a team member and ask them about the store, leaders, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back