Archived Those "hot" items.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know the items....you dread opening in the morning because of the calls and guests coming in looking for the items that may have come in on the truck. The guests are rude because they are sure you should have it, and darn it, you are going to help them call every store in the district, because they don't trust your computers saying there are none. If the item accidentally gets saved for someone, thus showing the guests online you may have one, threats are made....

You've seen it all over the past couple of weeks and are looking forward to Christmas being over so people will forget about them.

What items are hot in your store?

For us:

Pie Face: this thing looks like people will play it once and then put it away to never play again. We have lamented that we wish we had a bakery in our store so we could do a pie in the face to all the guests who "have to" have it. One LOD has basically told guests they need to get up at 4am, wait for it to be acknowledged on the truck and order it for store pick up if they really needed to have it.

Roomba: this one may die this week after the sale ends. We had a TM put two on hold for a guest (who naturally never came for them) resulting in an LOD nearly getting punched in the face because it said we had it online in our store.

As Seen on TV Star Shower: Another item that flies off the shelves within a half hour of open...with another hour of walkie calls of "do we still have this" to follow...even though they keep saying over the walkie it's gone. People have suddenly forgotten this ASTV stuff never works as advertised and a good half of it is returned. I don't expect this one to be any better.

Anything else from your stores/areas?

Only thing that I can think of of the top of my head has been that free lego christmas tree you got with a purchase of $25 worth of lego items week or two ago. I usually don't have to field those calls though, so I'm not entirely sure.

Ugh.

Star Shower.

Once a guest finds out we are out (and it's usually me that tells them), I usually go over the walkie telling TMs that we are out. If I don't, there are a million people asking "are we out?"

I don't think we've ever really had them. If we get a shipment it's got to be only a few.

I'm so sad. I drove all the way to the Target (it's the second closest one to my house) because Pie Face was allegedly in stock. IT WAS NOT ON THE SHELF!!!!8!*!*!!!K!!(*!*!*! So I asked for the bitchy GSA (aka Retail Girl) and the girl at Guest Service said, "Which one?"

I keep hoping for the day when the 'hot' item will be a book.

"Do you have In Search Of Lost Time by Proust?"
"No, I'm sorry they only sent us 50 and they all sold out by noon.

"Do you have Heart Of Darkness by Conrad?"
"Sorry, that one has been sold out for days."

Of course that would mean a new tradition where we give books exclusively as holiday gifts, which would make me happy but I'm sure wouldn't go over well with most.
I'd also like the idea of using them to pick up ladies in bar/bookstores.
"Buy that lady at the end of the bar the book of her choice."

Star shower thing. Our manager must have been so frustrated today getting asked about the star shower thing, he announced over the walkie " hey team, we don't have any of those stupid star shower things if anyone asks" lol.

The pie face thing has been nuts. Thanksgiving night I found some in the back when the my device said that we were out of stock so I brought them out and people attacked me for them I was like *puts them on the floor and runs away*

Of course that would mean a new tradition where we give books exclusively as holiday gifts, which would make me happy but I'm sure wouldn't go over well with most.

Be still my heart! I will take one copy of : In The Heart of the Sea by Nathaniel Philbrick please!:)

But Heart of Darkness sucked. :(

Books haven't been that popular since Harry Potter was a big deal :(

Which is sad, because as far as fantasy literature goes, Rowling is a rather mediocre author.

Fuckin Pie Face and that star shower projector.
Also fuck that 40ct mystery shopkins box. I have to cancel like 10 of those everyday for SFS

The shopkin mystery box we haven't ran out of yet I don't think, only gotten a few for SFS orders, and fulfilled them all.

Pie Face, I've fulfilled a few times, canceled dozens of orders for it though.

Same goes for Bunchems.

That's just the way they thought then tho. And there is so much more to the story.
Best thing I ever read was Crime and Punishment by Tolstoy.

Send a rum and coke with my choice of book and you're getting some!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back