Archived Throwing them away

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, two and a half weeks ago, I emailed my STL (as she requested when I think my workload is going to be heavy) and told her this week was extremely heavy in revisions and signing, both of which are my job. Silence. My schedule for this week. 20 hours planogram and 20 hours signing. I can hardly blame my PTL because she can only schedule the hours they give her. And my ETL, busy sweeping out the trailer.

The end result? I am leaving today as my STL is setting revisions furiously in electronics. I am just about to leave and tell her that the fixtures are in the backroom in the fixture area. She had me do all the small easier revisions to bump up the TWT percentage. That left all the bigger more complicated ones for people who have no idea what they are doing.

Her reply... "Oh, I am not putting the fixtures out." I was stunned. Stunned I tell you.

Not only do you screw me by not managing the workload, you screw me by doing a half ass job.

So, I am going to walk my happy ass in there Monday morning and throw all the fixtures for these sets away. Because next week, I have no hours for planogram at all to fix that **** you are screwing up. Why should I care more about guest experience than my STL? She is only worried about the TWT score.

This is so pathetic. I don't even have all the OH signing done. We have ONE softlines tree built.

If one person asks me about the revisions for this week, I am going to have to restrain myself from choking them.

Oh my! I was in the same boat earlier this week. I am the signing team member at my store. Which entails me doing everything from sets,revisions,pricing..almost anything they want me to do.
Thats all b.s. I absolutely hate when people half ass revisions and don't put the signs or the fixtures/displays up cause always the person to have to do it. I was only given 2 days to get all that da,m OH christmas signing done, softline trees built, and all the other bins they had me build. Let's just say I got it done, busting my ass, not taking my breaks cept lunch.
Luckily, my stores presentation team is amazing well that and we have 5 people including myself.

How did you get all the shippers and overheads done with those kind of hours?
It was 90 hours of signing this week.
WTF were they thinking with that kind of schedule?

Oh Commie, not close to done. No one cares. I thought I would get the OH done today when I got pulled to work on the revisions. They weren't thinking at all. Just cut cut cut until our DTL came in Wednesday and had a **** fit about, I swear I am not making this up, the fact that the street sign numbers are a little yellowed and all need replaced. Oh, and the little signs for the metal basket holders for guests that say "For Your Shopping Convenience" those are all wrong. But don't worry that my signing area is a disaster and no one can find anything.

Now there are a few people getting overtime tomorrow. Me? No one even asked. And I am not cleaning up the mess.

We had dtl & group vp visit us yesterday. We have signing missing every where. My slacker signing is a slow poke & just don't get it. I was off. I think we got a flaming red.

I have finally calmed down. The good news is that as of next week, the jobs will be broken up again. I mean the revision and signing jobs. I told my STL on Monday that it was too much work for one person.

Starting next week, I will be on flow doing transition palletizing and bulk. I am still going to do the signing. Just not set revisions any longer. I feel like am abandoning my poor PTL, but i just can't keep up with the worload any longer.

Still going to do something awful with the unset fixtures though.

what idiot didn't notice the 150 revisions for this week? and there were some pretty nasty ones. that's not just on your stl. it's on your ptl and your etl. it's better to break revisions up between tm, and do them on days that you need filler (like after street date), imo. this week was a struggle for everyone, we were down to our last minutes today. it didnt help that i noticed instead of the stl scheduling help (we got a whopping 230 hours for my entire team/signing), he banked the hours (over 100 HOURS) and gave it to the cashiers and hl teams (who were literally standing around chatting). i had a very in depth conversation after seeing that.

So, two and a half weeks ago, I emailed my STL (as she requested when I think my workload is going to be heavy) and told her this week was extremely heavy in revisions and signing, both of which are my job. Silence. My schedule for this week. 20 hours planogram and 20 hours signing. I can hardly blame my PTL because she can only schedule the hours they give her. And my ETL, busy sweeping out the trailer.

The end result? I am leaving today as my STL is setting revisions furiously in electronics. I am just about to leave and tell her that the fixtures are in the backroom in the fixture area. She had me do all the small easier revisions to bump up the TWT percentage. That left all the bigger more complicated ones for people who have no idea what they are doing.

Her reply... "Oh, I am not putting the fixtures out." I was stunned. Stunned I tell you.

Not only do you screw me by not managing the workload, you screw me by doing a half ass job.

So, I am going to walk my happy ass in there Monday morning and throw all the fixtures for these sets away. Because next week, I have no hours for planogram at all to fix that **** you are screwing up. Why should I care more about guest experience than my STL? She is only worried about the TWT score.

This is so pathetic. I don't even have all the OH signing done. We have ONE softlines tree built.

If one person asks me about the revisions for this week, I am going to have to restrain myself from choking them.

Hate to say it, but it sounds like this is the time for team work. The electronics TL/TMs need to step up. Honestly, I don't know why they didn't. Yea, they are busy etc etc. But as a former electronics TL, I can tell you that the TL/TMs in electronics *could* be helping you with this if they really wanted to.... (unless your electronics TL is a low performer.... but low performers rarely get put over electronics)

My new ETL tried to say that as signing I should "help out" and do/own revisions when they first started. I calmly explained that helping out Plano from time to time is perfectly fine - but would be impossible to own the revision workload since it is not a small workload. Hence the reason why most stores have a "revision captain" who generally gets a full week doing revisions alone. And since I spend the full week doing signing - this would not work out.

Signing had 96 planogrammed hours this week. Don't forget though, the non-planogrammed hours came in at around 46 off the monthly. So thats right around 142hrs this week (or am i getting fuzzy math from somwhere?). Don't worry though, next week is sitting pretty right around 31 or 32.

I've offered to help plano in the past with this new ETL. I went through the POGs and picked out the biggest, hardest, most fixture/signing/display heavy ones and did them (all probably in half the time too). Instead of a thank you for removing those from the POG workload - I got a lecture about how I should pick out all the little ones to bring down the score and that I should "learn how to do that". Sorry. When I come over to help I come over to make an actual dent. Any bum can do simple pogs - and believe me i know you will have any tom dick or harry do them - so let them bring down your score - i however will be doing actual work when i volunteer to "help". having someone who won't do it right is going to make more work for me anyway since i will inevitably be called over to fix things in the end. I so hate that some leadership sees scores as an equivalent to actual work. scores can be manipulated. Actual work has to be done.

as for having a red alert for something like yellow street signs - man its like you've been at my store.

They had two people on revisions all week at my store. the electronics team also had one of their TMs helping out most days as well. As for signing most things are done - haven't gotten to do the apparel and accessory AIB overheads yet - but considering i built half the trees and the SL team has yet to put them on the floor im not too concerned. so i have a handful of trees left to build. hopefully knock all that out by tuesday, then its on to BF bins.

Finally finished the OH signing today. Our reindeer run is tomorrow. This is my last week doing the revisions. Next week, I will be doing signing and the backside of the line: backstock, transition, and bulk. We are an ULV store so that combination should work better than signing and revisions.

So, I have all the signing and fixtures from last week's electronics revisions and about 10 boxes of random small appliances left. I guess I won't just throw them away for a while. Maybe give it two or three weeks to see if anyone even notices. It should be interesting to see if anyone even notices. Probably won't.

Finally finished the OH signing today. Our reindeer run is tomorrow. This is my last week doing the revisions. Next week, I will be doing signing and the backside of the line: backstock, transition, and bulk. We are an ULV store so that combination should work better than signing and revisions.

So, I have all the signing and fixtures from last week's electronics revisions and about 10 boxes of random small appliances left. I guess I won't just throw them away for a while. Maybe give it two or three weeks to see if anyone even notices. It should be interesting to see if anyone even notices. Probably won't.

Your small appliances is probably just the late displays from when that transition from what? 4-5 weeks ago now? i put those out as soon as they came in. after detrashing that was at least an easy set of boxes to get rid of.

Yea, I got the small appliances out but I've still got the frelling electronics stuff piled up.
And the ETL's are pawing through everything looking for missing boxes.
Like a shipper box is going to be in the little electronic signs.
They can't just take my word that I know what is there and what isn't.

Yea, I got the small appliances out but I've still got the frelling electronics stuff piled up.
And the ETL's are pawing through everything looking for missing boxes.
Like a shipper box is going to be in the little electronic signs.
They can't just take my word that I know what is there and what isn't.

This! Take my word - I know what I have! Totally agree. On the upside I was very pushy in asking every plano TM i saw "are you doing anything in electronics? yes? okay, take these" every single day. so many tiny boxes i knew i would never have the time to go around after all of them. plus no equipment makes for about 30 min of me standing in front of one of the two working scanners in the store just scanning individual signs. somehow we ended up with a billion signs for all the Launch Pads. did anyone get their Beats display changed out? man - went over to help the rep - finished an hour and half later!

This! Take my word - I know what I have! Totally agree. On the upside I was very pushy in asking every plano TM i saw "are you doing anything in electronics? yes? okay, take these" every single day. so many tiny boxes i knew i would never have the time to go around after all of them. plus no equipment makes for about 30 min of me standing in front of one of the two working scanners in the store just scanning individual signs. somehow we ended up with a billion signs for all the Launch Pads. did anyone get their Beats display changed out? man - went over to help the rep - finished an hour and half later!

The rep still hasn't shown up.
I had to put it up in the steel to get it out of the way.

Our reps are always late as well. I really wish it wasn't that way as our beatbox went clearance and sold through about 2 months ago but we still have the display. Did anyone else notice that our netbooks went through a revision but none of the displays changed? We took the display down at our store because we got tired of waiting for the reset and representing product we no longer carried. Saved all the fixtures and display though just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back