MyTime Time Off Requests

Sisyphus

Cat Herder
When an employee submits a time off request does that request go to HR and then get filtered to the appropriate ETL? Or does it directly go to the ETL? Or another option?

It goes to both
In what form? So there is no way the ETL could miss someone's request when they create the schedule? One would think they would look for requests before they create the schedule.

Thankfully my ETL is great at this but for another one auto denied requests are an ongoing problem. The people I have talked to don't feel comfortable approaching the ETL about the issue and are annoyed they should have to remind the ETL to do something so simple.

Well, they have to go into mytime self service to see them. They auto deny on Monday at noon. ETL probably doesn't start the schedule until after that. It's a pain, and team members shouldn't have to, but the best way to get the time off is to pester your ETL.

The people I have talked to don't feel comfortable approaching the ETL about the issue and are annoyed they should have to remind the ETL to do something so simple.
If the ETL is unapproachable, that's a bigger issue, but unfortunately, for "accountability," you have to break that barrier. Otherwise, they should talk to the SD (the ETL's boss) about the lack of attention the ETL pays to requests for time-off, which is surely causing personal pain points.

It is "simple," and I wouldn't defend anyone who is consistently bad at a key responsibility of their job, especially one that can have negative impact on the TM's personal life, but perhaps the ETL is juggling a lot of things and, precisely because no one has approached them about their untimely approvals, that hasn't become a priority in the ETL's mind and they're comfortable with the way they manage time off requests at the moment.

TL;DR: closed mouths don't get fed and if your boss sucks, politely and privately let them know they suck.

Back