Time to pick up my Drive Up

We had a flash storm a couple of weeks ago. It suddenly started pouring rain and hailing. The wind was swirling so hard it caused the front doors to open and close. It was nasty. I was standing at the front of the store watching this with an SETL, I joked that it would be a great time for a drive up. Thought she was going to slap me as she snapped not to jinx her. Sure enough, about 30 seconds later: HONK! HONK! I laughed so hard. To her credit though, she didn't make anyone on her team go out. She took the order herself.

During a spate of storms our drive-up TMs were looking like drowned rats so I got some of my X-large garbage bags & cut holes for face & hands to make impromptu ponchos.
They ended up looking like walking condoms but it worked.
Do you guys not have the DU jackets? The rain ones are actually lowkey cute and comfy

Do you guys not have the DU jackets? The rain ones are actually lowkey cute and comfy
Do stores have plenty of waterproof coats and safety vests? I wouldn't want to put one on unless I was sure it hadn't been previously worn unless it's been properly quarantine.
Before covid 19 how many stores even had the jackets for walkin freezer and cooler dry cleaned?

During a spate of storms our drive-up TMs were looking like drowned rats so I got some of my X-large garbage bags & cut holes for face & hands to make impromptu ponchos.
They ended up looking like walking condoms but it worked.
My TL requisitioned ponchos out for me and another team member one weekend of a horrible storm. All the drive up jackets can only take so much water. They’re definitely not waterproof enough and it just soaks right through and makes the jacket heavier. Not to mention the hood always blows off my head, so my hair ends up dripping like I just took a shower and my thick hair never dries.

We put all of our DU gear away due to the virus. 'Course I never liked wearing the shared coat anyway. Ew.

I want to give each on my TMs that do drive-up a vest that they would be responsible for (like their name tag.) That was a no. It’s disgusting that we have to wear the ones that other TMs have worn. We can be put on a corrective action for social distancing but we all have to share coats, jackets and vests.

My ETL got us our own jackets and vests.

DCs have orange vests for people learning new equipment. We have them in vending machines where you just swipe and select it. Shouldn't be hard to have more than one vest. These things can't be expensive.

Back