Tina Tyler out, Janna Potts owns stores

Hmm, was curious whether Tina steped down, changed roles, etc. Appears she was outright fired completely after working for Target for 30+ years. Bit surprising, no clue if it will actually have much of an impact on the people working in stores though.

I couldn't care less about what she did or didn't say about Black Friday. I care far more ow her actions impacted us as TM's as opposed to how the actions of her predecessor will. If something positively or negatively impacts my day to day enjoyment of my job that matters far more than a sentence someone did or did not say.

At least they waited until after the holidays to fire her. I'd hate if she missed the best part of Q4. and if that doesn't warm your cockles,

"Tyler is eligible for unspecified severance payments if she signs a non-solicitation agreement and a release of claims, plus another $3 million if she signs a three-year noncompete and non-solicitation agreement, Target (NYSE: TGT) said in a securities filing Monday."

Disappointed in the reporting on that one. She may be getting paid through the end of the week, but her last day was today. You don't fire someone and then let that disgruntled employee work 5 more days.

Lol she was an executive officer, not a thieving cashier. Her exit was orchestrated and worked out in advance of the announcement. It's not like she is getting abruptly walked out of her office by a TPS toting a cardboard box of personal belongings.

Does anybody else wonder how the former operations chief of Target Canada even has job much less has just been promoted to Chief of Stores?

Did she cover Logistics? From what I understand, the main and obvious problem was Logistics. From what I know, Target's pre-orbit burn up in Canada, was almost all Logistical problems, to the point of pure lunacy. I'd like to know what map they were looking at when they thought having just two Canadian distribution centers was a good idea...

Did she cover Logistics? From what I understand, the main and obvious problem was Logistics. From what I know, Target's pre-orbit burn up in Canada, was almost all Logistical problems, to the point of pure lunacy. I'd like to know what map they were looking at when they thought having just two Canadian distribution centers was a good idea...
I'm willing to bet that they assumed that since the population of Canada is way smaller compared to the United States it would be easier but Canada is more enormous than the US in terms of geographical size and would take longer to supply all those stores. They failed big time.

Lol she was an executive officer, not a thieving cashier. Her exit was orchestrated and worked out in advance of the announcement. It's not like she is getting abruptly walked out of her office by a TPS toting a cardboard box of personal belongings.
Exactly, she was an executive officer with access to trade secrets, detailed business plans, and other things. No company in their right mind fires an executive and lets them finish out the week. Hell, if one were to give two weeks notice, they might be told to not come back.

Does anybody else wonder how the former operations chief of Target Canada even has job much less has just been promoted to Chief of Stores?

Because she took over Target Canada in April 2014 after they fired Canada Chief Tony Fisher. Target announced the closing of all Canadian stores in January 2015. Her role was likely less focused on getting Canada to work and more on how to get out. She had little or nothing to do with the planning and execution of the Canadian expansion.

Wasn't "The Vibe" Tina's initiative? Hope she packs it in the cardboard box with the rest of the crap from her office and takes it out the door with her.

YES! This was her answer for everything. When under pressure and when stores were struggling it seems all she could muster was "Well let's provide even BETTER service than before"... Uhh, that's a nice concept and all but vibe is not service, vibe is pestering... as a guest I want fast checkout, not somebody bugging me on the salesfloor about some topic of the week and then getting to the front during rush hour and seeing lines. This answer was a band-aid.

If you really want to leverage service into sales, you need to nail the basic expectations flawlessly first. Let's make sure we have enough payroll at our front end to nail fast checkout first? Let's hammer out our logistics processes so they run smoothly and everything is on location or stocked by store open again (oh we have 4 OH but I have no idea where they are).

Once those are done, then let's leverage our key areas to drive sales in store and online. Where do our guests expect service and where do they not? Where are we missing and how do we drive sales in our key categories? Do we have a TM in the style areas who can complete sales for target.com? Kids? Baby? Wellness? I don't think I have seen a TM in ANY of those areas for 4Q that are knowledgeable because our TM force works pulls and backs up the lanes. Our stores are a resource to drive future priorities, but up until this point I don't think they were utilized for that.

YES! This was her answer for everything. When under pressure and when stores were struggling it seems all she could muster was "Well let's provide even BETTER service than before"... Uhh, that's a nice concept and all but vibe is not service, vibe is pestering... as a guest I want fast checkout, not somebody bugging me on the salesfloor about some topic of the week and then getting to the front during rush hour and seeing lines. This answer was a band-aid.

If you really want to leverage service into sales, you need to nail the basic expectations flawlessly first. Let's make sure we have enough payroll at our front end to nail fast checkout first? Let's hammer out our logistics processes so they run smoothly and everything is on location or stocked by store open again (oh we have 4 OH but I have no idea where they are).

Once those are done, then let's leverage our key areas to drive sales in store and online. Where do our guests expect service and where do they not? Where are we missing and how do we drive sales in our key categories? Do we have a TM in the style areas who can complete sales for target.com? Kids? Baby? Wellness? I don't think I have seen a TM in ANY of those areas for 4Q that are knowledgeable because our TM force works pulls and backs up the lanes. Our stores are a resource to drive future priorities, but up until this point I don't think they were utilized for that.

Your title says ETL but I have a hard time believing that. Too much sense and not enough Vibe.

Back