Archived Tips/questions hardlines

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Tips/Techniques to speed up reshop? Do bring the cart along with you everywhere and use your mydevice or just glance down aisles hoping you'll see something thats in your cart?

2. Do you backstock anything that doesn't have a location?

3. How do you read backwall locations, something like F60 (22) 6-2-10, what does the 22 mean and how do you know where the sections are split?

4. What do you do when you're doing reshop and your mydevice is saying an item is at a certain location but it's not actually there?

Reshop is seriously my biggest weakness, I'm only two weeks into starting at target and I've worked retail at different clothing stores but not something as massive as target. It drives me crazy trying to remember where things are and I end up scanning every item during reshop, spending so much time trying to locate the item and a lot of the time the location is camouflaged by some random item thats in the wrong spot left by a guest. Sometimes if I can't find the exact location, I'll just look for the correct price tag and throw it there to save time (mostly with little products like food or pencils).

1- if your quite new, it might be a little bit rough. I've been in electronics nearly two years and remember almost every item. It depends on the time, I usually close. Is it a 8 hour shift? 5 hour shift? 4? If it's 8 hours, I usually like to workout all the reshop until it's empty if it's a lot. If it's minimal, I work it out with me. Weird enough, I like touching and seeing every single item in my cart. So depending on how long your shift is, open/mid/close. Work it out as you go is going to be easiest.

2-It depends on what the item is. My store is going through toy transition as well, so if the item is discontinued I will find a similar location and put same price point.

3-6 is section, and if it were 22, most be lots of items on that wall. For example, (99) should be a sidecap. (40) should be a bin?

If the number is (22), try scanning a number more towards the right/farther from the aisle, just a random one and look for that number. For example, if this were the back wall, it starts 1 on the far left. 6-2-10 will repeat multiple times.

4- Move onto the next item

If your only two weeks in your not going to know so darn quickly. Are you a main closet?

I've been getting mostly closing 8 or 5 hour shifts. Was originally looking for around 20h a week, but they've been scheduling me for nearly 40. Definitely learned where a lot of things are now, but it's a pain in the ass when you're trying to find a particular spot for a pen on a wall of 50 different pens.

1-Doing reshop quickly and efficiently is harder for newer TMs because you aren't familar with the store yet. Eventually, you'll want to set up your reshop cart so that items are sorted in the direction you want to move. Every section is different, so you need a plan for each. We have one section that is bath, then bed, then rugs, then window. So, you would set that reshop cart up to mirror that section, such as bath in the front of the cart, bed next, rugs next and window in the back.

If an item is in a reshop cart or already on the floor somewhere and does not have a location, it is probably not backstock. Most likely it is clearance, repackage, discontinued, vendor merchandise, or probably some other classification I missed. If something doesn't have a location, partner with a peer or a leader to determine where it needs to go until you're more comfortable.

3-Back walls are tough to navigate, especially ones with a lot of sections. Personally, I just look at the item, then check out where items on that back wall are similar to get close to where I need to be. I'll skip the section number, the 22, and just get close to the 3-5-7 part. So, if the item was F60 (22) 3-5-7, you'll find 22 by just looking for similar items, once you're there, just find section 3, shelf 5, location 7. Technically, you need to know where aisle F60 begins, 22 is the 22nd section on that aisle, then 3-5-7 works off of that. That will make more sense when you have a little more experience.

4- Partner with a peer or a leader. If something isn't there, something is wrong and needs to be fixed. If you can't find it, the next person won't be able to find it either, so it's best to fix the issue now in order to save time later.

Scan everything. Part of doing reshop is getting things zoned exactly how they need to be and adjusting SFQ/on hands properly. That probably sounds foreign to you now, but, again, you'll learn with more experience.

This may help:
On the pick label, there can be a few "indicators" that dictate what to do with the product. On the label, it will be near the "Ad 08/21" in the example. If there is a "P", it means it needs to be pushed out. If there is an "S", it means stage. "B" means it's backstock...and part of the backrooms metrics is making sure that all product that has a "B" indicator gets backstocked. Otherwise your team is being inefficient and taking stuff out to the floor when they don't have to. If your store is a "Push All" store, this is how you tell the difference between what you need to take to the floor and what stays in the back without scanning everything on the line.

With the change to myPerformance though, it could be that this isn't a key metric anymore. I haven't dived into the backroom metrics with myPerformance.

Typically your NOP product will have some kind of info on the pick label that will give you a bit of insight on what's going on with it. If it's on AD, it could be there will be staged off area on the floor...or it could be that the planogram isn't in the system yet, so there will be a T indicator(Transition) with the date letting you know when it will be set. But if it's NOP or D-Code at this point, been in your store for awhile, and it looks like there will be no space or planogram for it in the foreseeable future...mySupport it, and request a CLR markdown on it.

318718_orig.png

RetailWorld

@wikiwkik

Focus on reading the actual full location when scanning an item. Go to the location and the shelf tag in that spot should match up. The tag will have the same location and it will also have the DPCI (usually just need to compare the last 4 digits).

So if you scan an item that says it belongs in F23 (1) 4-1-3, you would go to aisle F23, go to the 4th section, look at the bottom shelf, and find the third price tag. The location and last 4 of the DPCI on the tag should match what it says on the myDevice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back