Archived TL availablity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting situation. I have a TM that was hired with set availablity and then offered a TL position. HR never coded there availablity properly as a TM so when they were offered the TL position all we said was they needed to be flexible. For years they have been scheduled based on the original availablity, but it's Target and Management has changed so the TL is no longer getting scheduled based on their paper submitted availability.

All our other TLs have open availability, but I've read about TLs on here with restricted availablity.

I've gotten the STL response, but I'm interested in how/if this has ever happened at other stores and if so how did you handle it.

We have plenty of TLs with restricted availability. There's a TL who can't work a certain day because of another job, another TL who can't work a certain day and certain nights due to school, and a TL who can only close on weekdays due to school.

That being said, did the TM officially apply for the TL position through JAS? Because it makes you put your availability when you go through the application process.

In my store, if it isn't for school reasons they want open availability.

We have been told, open availability.....nothing else is accepted....so when daycare/school is closed and you have no family near by you have to either call out or find another TL to switch with. God knows what will happen when Christmas holidays roll round.

Officially they must have open availability.

Realistically most management teams will work with TLs. We have one that can't work late on Wednesday because kids have scouts. No big deal. Others take classes, nbd we would rather have them around on the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back