TL pay raise

Is it true that when the minimum pay goes to 15 an hour the team leads will be making at least 4.00 more than that at 19.00 an hour?

Any word on exactly when the next raises will go into affect?
Last one was May/June so I assume same time or a bit sooner. I assume they’ll go 15 right before Q4 next year to entice the seasonals to apply. Typically kept under wraps until it’s a few weeks away

Yeah, but what if we're already making that? I feel like whatever we're making, the incremental raise should be the same amount as the base wage raise.

Yeah, but what if we're already making that? I feel like whatever we're making, the incremental raise should be the same amount as the base wage raise.
Then you’re already making above minimum so you get nothing. This might sound super blunt but seniority means nothing in retail. It’s a job to be comfortable in or do well and get promoted. I don’t like it either but it’s the reality of retail.

What about if you make past 20$?

Then you also get nothing. @gsa4lyfe is completely correct: seniority means nothing in retail and experience almost as much. If you're already above $20, then your pay stays exactly the same.

The only exception *may" be in areas where the cost of living is higher and starting wages are different than the current 13-17 structure.

I don’t believe every TL making less than $19 will get bumped up to $19. They’re not going to spend that kind of money.

I hope I’m wrong, but when they changed us all to PG 45 we didn’t get the extra pay difference the 45s had.
Yeah because restructured them. Lowered one pay grade and raised another. PG 40 was given more while PG45 was lowered to restructure. I’m telling you, you’re wrong. TL minimum next year will 19 when TMs are at 15

What I’m wondering is my store is currently making $14, which is $1 above the $13 company wide minimum, so I wonder if we’ll go up to $16.

And our state minimum wage is 13, so that’s not a factor.

Last edited:
What I’m wondering is my store is currently making $14, which is $1 above the $13 company wide minimum, so I wonder if we’ll go up to $16.

And our state minimum wage is 13, so that’s not a factor.
My store is at $14 as well and the TLs got bumped to $18. They said it’s a cost of living raise for the area so I think they will keep the dollar over company minimum but who knows.

My store is at $14 as well and the TLs got bumped to $18. They said it’s a cost of living raise for the area so I think they will keep the dollar over company minimum but who knows.
Your cost of living won't go up though, so there's no reason for Target to increase you if you're already making more than the company minimum.

They just messed with the paycharts last year and while Target isn't the best with raises as we all know, I highly doubt they could get away with going into the paycharts and just editing the difference to say "$2" instead of "$4".

The only thing I could see them doing to try and penny pinch is reverting back to three paygrades, have normal TL's at 17, key carriers at 19.

I'd bet on @gsa4lyfe being right rather than wrong because I doubt they're messing with paycharts again.

Back