TL/PG45 Base Pay Increase

I remember when a TL position started at $15 in our areas. Nice to see they are raising the minimum in some areas but just like all the times TM’s starting rate changed those already making over the amount don’t see any raise. I’m curious though- if the starting rate is getting higher does that mean ETL’s starting rate is rising? Because for a TL to go to an ETL role it still needs to be worth it financially.

I remember when a TL position started at $15 in our areas. Nice to see they are raising the minimum in some areas but just like all the times TM’s starting rate changed those already making over the amount don’t see any raise. I’m curious though- if the starting rate is getting higher does that mean ETL’s starting rate is rising? Because for a TL to go to an ETL role it still needs to be worth it financially.
I started off as a tl in 1994 making $6.50.

I started out in 2014 at $7.75 an hour as a TM. Seasonals that started at the same time were hired in at $9 per hour. I had to wait until review time in 2015 to get bumped up to $9 an hour while the seasonals who had come and already gone earned that for the holiday season.

Target has many upsides, but equity in pay is most definitely not one of them.

As a team lead? That’s crazy. I started with the company in 2002 and I am pretty sure I made more than that starting out as a team member so they must’ve made some pretty big pay jumps in that time period.
From what I’ve heard back then there were a LOT of TL positions though.

There were! Oh how I miss those days sometimes. Some things now are better than before but some things they should have just left alone
Yes, there were a lot of TLs and not as many tms. To be fair though, TL positions now handle so much stuff we're actually more like execs used to be, plus we each had to absorb responsibilities from other specialty TLs like pricing and pog unless you're in a REALLY high volume store. When I started as a TL all of our freight was pushed overnight and most sets done overnight as well. Hardlines still did salesplanners during the day and softlines did adjacencies, but we had more time to give great guest service, perfect zine, clean reshop and holy moly the data accuracy with consistent research! There are a lot of new things I love but if I could change anything, truck should be pushed overnight still.

Yes, there were a lot of TLs and not as many tms. To be fair though, TL positions now handle so much stuff we're actually more like execs used to be, plus we each had to absorb responsibilities from other specialty TLs like pricing and pog unless you're in a REALLY high volume store. When I started as a TL all of our freight was pushed overnight and most sets done overnight as well. Hardlines still did salesplanners during the day and softlines did adjacencies, but we had more time to give great guest service, perfect zine, clean reshop and holy moly the data accuracy with consistent research! There are a lot of new things I love but if I could change anything, truck should be pushed overnight still.
Our trucks were never done overnight. We were always a 4 AM store but still everything was done and pushed typically by 10 AM because you did a wave push. Overall the store did look so much better and you had time to actually devote to your area if you were on sales floor and working in the area for the day

This is how dc’s have done things for years. target seems to put higher value on new hires, without experience, than their tenured teams that have put in the time. just wait until your next service award, and compare to recent hiring bonuses for newbies. 25 years with Target is worth 10% of the value they give a new hire after just 90 days. and they wonder why retention is bad, with even long term folks jumping ship.

In my area went to from $19 to $24 for TL position, while TMs are still at $15.

Honestly, it is hard to find decent TM to do the job when most of the grocery stores are paying $17-20/per hour. TL turnover is high, when you can be a cashier for the same pay.

In my area went to from $19 to $24 for TL position, while TMs are still at $15.

Honestly, it is hard to find decent TM to do the job when most of the grocery stores are paying $17-20/per hour. TL turnover is high, when you can be a cashier for the same pay.
The Kroger near me posts $11.40 as a starting pay so filling those jobs.

It also dawned on me that our store is still going to close at 10:00 PM for a long time because they can't fill the jobs.

Back