Archived TL rant - Rising Expectations, Shrinking Resources

Leaders: has your job become significantly more stressful over the past week weeks/month?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

busyzoningtoys

Finally almost getting paid enough.
Any of you guys feeling more and more like they are literally trying to performance out all of the team leads? 55-60m store here, constant green service visits, near the top of the district for sales, one of the top in the group for comps. Rockstar STL who will be promoted sooner than later. Superficially (what they see in both planned and ‘secret’ visits), we maintain high brand standard. Hardlines is split between 3 TLs. We have less TMs than we should but they still aren’t getting hours. Just got rid of overnight, dry just went to end to end, so with market and softlines all dayside now instead of overnight like before, that’s a bitch. We have literally 3 backroom people, so there’s occasional coverage gaps and no mids.

So, usually my Mondays go like this; walk my areas, drop batches or tie SPLs to maintain endcaps, pull the backroom detail report, pull my batches and fill/set aforementioned endcaps, and on my closing weekend pull ALL discontinued or price change from my aisles myself Monday since I won’t get to when I’m tlod or closing and push it (on my opening or off weekends I can save some for Friday but ETLs dislike that). After pushing a CAF or two, some talent management if I need to do any documentations etc. Lately, sprinkled into there are at least a couple interviews on Monday. Weekdays I usually but not always get a mid, they’ll work reshop, cover electronics breaks, and help with the 1s and 3s.

So, Monday is my critical day to get shit done. Today the STL tells me that on Mondays they expect me to audit bedding, bath, and furniture. I asked if they mean just lows and outs and I was told no these need to be deep scans. Before I could even think about delegating this to my mid, I was then told my mid would be in pharmacy and chems (not the chunk of hardlines I own) on Monday doing the same.

What the fuck? It’s already gotten harder to pull my discontinued when formerly-overnight has messes in the aisles they are still backstocking. I’ve already talked to leaders from other stores that seem surprised our TLs have to pull their own discontinued. Now the time I use for that I’ll be scanning. Not like the person from the former instocks team can do it as they are scheduled under hardlines but shift labeled DRY and over there anyways Monday-Friday. Oh, and now since my mid is auditing pharmacy, they can’t cover electronics breaks so guess where another 30-60 of my Monday minutes go?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back