MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Yes and if you want to keep your job you'll tell the emperor how nice his clothes look. Or in other words if you want to keep your job you don't tell your boss his/her grand idea stinks. Give 'em the old razzle dazzle!
Give 'em the old razzle dazzle!Razzle Dazzle 'em

"Give 'em an act with lots of flash in it
And the reaction will be passionate
Give 'em the old hocus pocus
Bead and feather 'em
How can they see with sequins in their eyes?

What if your hinges all are rusting?
What if, in fact, you're just disgusting?

Razzle dazzle 'em
And they;ll never catch wise!

Give 'em the old Razzle Dazzle

Razzle dazzle 'em
Give 'em a show that's so splendiferous
Row after row will grow vociferous

Give 'em the old flim flam flummox
Fool and fracture 'em

How can they hear the truth above the roar?

Throw 'em a fake and a finagle
They'll never know you're just a bagel,

Razzle dazzle 'em
And they'll beg you for more!

Give 'em the old double whammy
Daze and dizzy 'em
Back since the days of old Methuselah
Everyone loves the big bambooz-a-lah

Give 'em the old three ring circus
Stun and stagger 'em
When you're in trouble, go into your dance

Though you are stiffer than a girder
They'll let you get away with murder
Razzle dazzle 'em
And you've got a romance

Give 'em the old Razzle Dazzle
Razzle dazzle 'em
Show 'em the first rate sorcerer you are
Long as you keep 'em way off balance
How can they spot you've got no talents?
Razzle Dazzle 'em

And they'll make you a star!
#applause#savage#sublime

I just searched all the stuff I could find was boots. Bins and bowls etc
I know the kitty litter liners are Up & Up branded, fairly sure the litter boxes are too, and I could swear when I set in pets there was others.

The Boots and Barkley cat toys are adorable (the sushi ones and fish taco ones especially) so I really wish that brand was promoted more, right now it seems to be taking a back seat to Bark Box.

Do the (new) GSAs "ensure........leaves happy......train peers to do the same."
Are we peers supposed to "leave happy?"

yeah, I love the new boots and Barkley fish taco as well as the birthday end cap. Bark Box is cute but its a delivery service that is being smart by using Target as its marketing.

the pilot hasn't really changed much at my store if I'm honest

the leads and leaders are trying to make it stick but i'm failing to understand how my role as a Service Advocate is different than what I was doing as a Guest Service Desk, might have to ask my SAEL (Service and Engagement Lead/er) next time I see her

the pilot hasn't really changed much at my store if I'm honest

the leads and leaders are trying to make it stick but i'm failing to understand how my role as a Service Advocate is different than what I was doing as a Guest Service Desk, might have to ask my SAEL (Service and Engagement Lead/er) next time I see her
I think we need to start calling them seals.

Correct. The "new base pay" listed is your new individual hourly rate, based on merit.

At a later date, when Spot decides to raise the company minimum again, any TM not currently making that minimum (+ their paygrade increase) will receive an additional bump. In this case, yes, another 42 cents.
I had a third page this year that basically told me "lolz, your merit increase is so shitty the new minimum will piss all over it before you can enjoy it. Just btw." First page was meaningless review verbiage, second page was merit increase you sign, then third page with new $12 minimum.

So what's the ETL and TL structure like in higher volume stores with this new restructure? I tried looking through some of this thread...

# of TL's in what areas; did they eliminate any ETLs?

Setting a whole aisle is more complicated than setting an endcap. Some whole aisle POGs can be VERY complicated and Reverse makes them even more so.
AGREED completely.

Literally noticing how product will move on the POG, and which section to start in can cut the time of setting one immensely, however, that comes with experience.... and if your a TM who literally does it every single day, you are better at it, than someone who might have to do it every so odd months.

For example sometimes (for example, I'll use a 10 section Market Pog). 90% of the Product from Section 2, is moving to section 7, and 100% of the product from section 7 is moving to section 3. Half of Section one, is being moved to make room for new product, so half of section 1 is flexed clearance (do something with it). Section 8 is eliminating product in order to increase facings for better selling product. The product eliminated is also flexed clearance. (do something with it).

Since the adjacency changed, section 2 is product moving from another aisle, which has a revision that same week to compensate.

What section of that POG do you start at? So you don't create an utter mess, while we are open? while also helping you complete it more efficiently.
I also forgot to mention, Target didn't send label strips for this, so you'll have to print them. Also don't forget to clean the shelves, and replace label holders, and replace dividers.

Also Ship is at 700, so you will probably have to pick a cart at some point.

AGREED completely.

Literally noticing how product will move on the POG, and which section to start in can cut the time of setting one immensely, however, that comes with experience.... and if your a TM who literally does it every single day, you are better at it, than someone who might have to do it every so odd months.

For example sometimes (for example, I'll use a 10 section Market Pog). 90% of the Product from Section 2, is moving to section 7, and 100% of the product from section 7 is moving to section 3. Half of Section one, is being moved to make room for new product, so half of section 1 is flexed clearance (do something with it). Section 8 is eliminating product in order to increase facings for better selling product. The product eliminated is also flexed clearance. (do something with it).

Since the adjacency changed, section 2 is product moving from another aisle, which has a revision that same week to compensate.

What section of that POG do you start at? So you don't create an utter mess, while we are open? while also helping you complete it more efficiently.
I also forgot to mention, Target didn't send label strips for this, so you'll have to print them. Also don't forget to clean the shelves, and replace label holders, and replace dividers.

Also Ship is at 700, so you will probably have to pick a cart at some point.
Truth? I only do the easy POG. The hard pog I tend to freeform to fit. Its a habit I picked up from Wal-mart and their idiocy. Product always wins. I make the shelf fit the products. So I will move pegs, move labels, cut strips (what do you think those extra blank strips are for?) reprint (or print) labels, and move shelves to make it fit.

and I am not the only one. Our electronics guy does this too. Outside of Movies, music and books, its POG means suggestion. We put it were it fits and Leadership signs off on it. I call it endless fixed flex. Only the printers ink, and battery are truly accurate. Games migrate. Phones migrate. TVs are in the back now. Apple is now in the back now. (hell if we got this:)
pear-pad-pear-pad-1.jpeg
image.jpg
Pear-Phone-Wallpaper-11.png

They would be in the back too. Its what it is.

Truth? I only do the easy POG. The hard pog I tend to freeform to fit. Its a habit I picked up from Wal-mart and their idiocy. Product always wins. I make the shelf fit the products. So I will move pegs, move labels, cut strips (what do you think those extra blank strips are for?) reprint (or print) labels, and move shelves to make it fit.

and I am not the only one. Our electronics guy does this too. Outside of Movies, music and books, its POG means suggestion. We put it were it fits and Leadership signs off on it. I call it endless fixed flex. Only the printers ink, and battery are truly accurate. Games migrate. Phones migrate. TVs are in the back now. Apple is now in the back now. (hell if we got this:)
pear-pad-pear-pad-1.jpeg
image.jpg

With your post, you suddenly just made me realize (which I already 93.14% suspected), that we are fucked, if leadership accepts this,

So I got my first "close up preview" of the Each's model.

If anyone was curious is ended up being 290 repacks (60 for otc/beauty/cosmetics).

This was one truck, today, how many TM's to push it? Four....

That's 72.5 repacks per TM. Assuming 8 hour shifts with no interruptions (lol), that's ~9 repacks per hour or 1 repack every ~7 minutes.

7 minutes is doable IF AND ONLY IF they are sorted by aisle to minimize movement (you know they won't be), they are neatly packed with like items together (lol), and have a good balance between large and small items (tough shit cosmetics). This still doesn't account for guest interruptions, back up calls, backstocking and pulling outs, zoning to any minimal extent, taking care of trash, and any other task that is expected from the floor.

That's 72.5 repacks per TM. Assuming 8 hour shifts with no interruptions (lol), that's ~9 repacks per hour or 1 repack every ~7 minutes.

7 minutes is doable IF AND ONLY IF they are sorted by aisle to minimize movement (you know they won't be), they are neatly packed with like items together (lol), and have a good balance between large and small items (tough shit cosmetics). This still doesn't account for guest interruptions, back up calls, backstocking and pulling outs, zoning to any minimal extent, taking care of trash, and any other task that is expected from the floor.

8 hour shifts?!!???! hahhaha hahaha

yeah try 4 hour shifts

yeah try 4 hour shifts
Our flow team has dedicated areas, 3 or 4 hour shifts, and some are expected to backstock their backstock also within those hours. Yes, unloading the truck is also included in this.

Oh yeah they are also supposed to zone and put up miscellaneous reshop.

Know what that means? You find reshop hidden and dumped throughout the sales floor.

pear-pad-pear-pad-1.jpeg
image.jpg

Don't succumb to Pear Pressure.

If anyone was curious is ended up being 290 repacks (60 for otc/beauty/cosmetics).

yeah try 4 hour shifts

Oh I know. I wanted to demonstrate how unworkable it was even if those people were actually scheduled a full shift.

SvBhLat.jpg

I'm waking up, I feel it in my bones
Enough to make my system blow
Welcome to the new age, to the new age
Welcome to the new age, to the new age

Whoa, oh, oh, oh, oh, whoa, oh, oh, oh, I'm radioactive, radioactive
Whoa, oh, oh, oh, oh, whoa, oh, oh, oh, I'm radioactive, radioactive

I raise my flag and dye my clothes
It's a revolution, I suppose
We're painted red to fit right in
Whoa oh

I'm breaking in, shaping up, then checking out on the prison bus
This is it, the apocalypse
Whoa oh

Well that's not doable in any realm of sane imagination.

Last edited:
Back