Archived TM discount question

Status
Not open for further replies.

slegab21

Self Checkout Junkie
I'm looking into buying a fitbit and wanted to buy one from my store if the discount applies! Is there any reason it wouldn't? Thought I would ask here before buying. thanks!

I'm looking into buying a fitbit and wanted to buy one from my store if the discount applies! Is there any reason it wouldn't? Thought I would ask here before buying. thanks!
Nope, should work fine unless there's some dark magic about. I recommend the Charge HR if your store has any left. They are relatively cheap now, and pretty good for a mid-level device.

Possibly the best part about the discount is the ability to use it on expensive electronics! You can even use it on things that typically have a manufacturer's set price and rarely go on sale, such as game consoles and Apple products.

You can use your discount as long as your not paying with non-Target credit card, or buying it for someone else and getting reimbursed.

How would they know if someone was going to pay you back for something you bought? Like what's to say we're out of bread and I buy some and my mom pays me back at home, how would they know?? Do they even try to look for that?

How would they know if someone was going to pay you back for something you bought? Like what's to say we're out of bread and I buy some and my mom pays me back at home, how would they know?? Do they even try to look for that?

It's just policy that almost no one follows. There really is no way to prove that you got something for someone else, unless they very obviously hand you cash at the CL, and even then, most TMs blissfully turn a blind eye.

With the profit margin so low on some items I'm surprised Target doesn't exclude some of those items from the discount. There are products in the store that make very little profit or actually are sold at a small loss (Tide is one of these products) just to draw people in to the store to buy other things.

With all the cuts the company makes to maximize profits I'm surprised this hasn't been looked at.

With the profit margin so low on some items I'm surprised Target doesn't exclude some of those items from the discount. There are products in the store that make very little profit or actually are sold at a small loss (Tide is one of these products) just to draw people in to the store to buy other things.

With all the cuts the company makes to maximize profits I'm surprised this hasn't been looked at.

Oh trust me, I'm sure they have. And I'm also sure they know the backlash that they'd get for doing so.

You are both spot on. Take LG and Samsung TVs whenever we have a storewide sale they are excluded but not when you use a TM discount.

I have to give it to to Target their discount is among the most legit in retail. When people quit they are like darn I miss my discount.

SHHHHHH! ;)

Don't give them any ideas.

No more discount on alcohol starting Monday. Too many different state laws to keep up with.

So another question about the discount. I buy gifts for my toddler nephew a couple times a month so far. I am not reimbursed by my sister for these, they are gifts. There's no issue with that right? My ETL casually asked me if I have kids a few weeks back...now I'm wondering if it was because of the toys purchased for my nephew that made him ask. Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back